Closing docs received: 02/14/22
Closing docs returned: 03/03/22
Closing: 03/08/22
Deed recorded: 03/08/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 03/24/22
Points in account: 03/30/22

Days total: 68 days

**final update**

i used chat today less than 24 hours after my contract showed up on my account and the very nice CM (kim, she is awesome) loaded my points for me!! I am finally done, YAY!!! 65 days from making a bid to getting my loaded contract!

Home Resort: Animal kingdom lodge
Broker: dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: magic vacation title
Offer made: 02/02/22
Offer accepted: 02/03/22
Sent to ROFR: 02/04/22
Passed ROFR: 02/28/22
Closing docs received: 03/09/22
Closing docs returned: buyer 03/10/22, seller 03/16/22
Closing: 03/18/22
Deed recorded: 03/21/22
Contract Showing on Membership (current member): 04/06/22
Points in account: 04/07/22
Gaaah! Mine recorded on 3/23. This is going to be a long weekend. Congrats to you! I hope I get to chat with Kim.

We finally have an update on the sellers! Of course after I reached out numerous times, the concierge team told us that the documents were finalized today and are out for shipment on Monday. I'm assuming the title company will have it on Tuesday morning and we will close shortly after that.

ONE STEP CLOSER!!

We finally have an update on the sellers! Of course after I reached out numerous times, the concierge team told us that the documents were finalized today and are out for shipment on Monday. I'm assuming the title company will have it on Tuesday morning and we will close shortly after that.

ONE STEP CLOSER!!
Yay!!! I’ve been hoping to see positive update on your purchase. Woot woot!!! 🥂

Has anyone had luck with member administration adding your resale contract on your membership after emailing them? We have 200 points that will expire 5/31 and the email that I received from them is that the wait is approx. 3-4 weeks to add the membership and another 1-2 weeks to add points. That would mean 200 expired points !! Ugh.
Have you tried calling them?

ONE STEP CLOSER!!
YAHOO!! I think we have the same title company - they were able to close and record the deed the next day after the seller docs arrived. I hope it will be the same for you :)

YAHOO!! I think we have the same title company - they were able to close and record the deed the next day after the seller docs arrived. I hope it will be the same for you :)
Yay! And I reread the email and I think the docs will ARRIVE on monday instead. fingers crossed for a tuesday recording!!

THEN what???

Yay!!! I’ve been hoping to see positive update on your purchase. Woot woot!!! 🥂
thanks so much for your good thoughts. we had such a bad weekend. i was t-boned by a car running a red light. my mother (the one buying the contract) and my two girls were in the car. fortunately we are all alive and ok, but my mom broker her collarbone, so we were hoping for some good news to distract us.

thanks so much for your good thoughts. we had such a bad weekend. i was t-boned by a car running a red light. my mother (the one buying the contract) and my two girls were in the car. fortunately we are all alive and ok, but my mom broker her collarbone, so we were hoping for some good news to distract us.
So sorry about the accident. How frightening. Hopefully your mom will be feeling better soon.

That’s so scary! Im glad you’re all ok & I hope your mom heals soon. And soon you can be distracted by finding times to use your sweet points!

**final update**

i used chat today less than 24 hours after my contract showed up on my account and the very nice CM (kim, she is awesome) loaded my points for me!! I am finally done, YAY!!! 65 days from making a bid to getting my loaded contract!
When you chatted did you just ask to have the points added?

Yay! And I reread the email and I think the docs will ARRIVE on monday instead. fingers crossed for a tuesday recording!!

THEN what???
Hopefully once the sellers documents arrive, they will prioritize your closing. Some closing companies may do it the same day, some in a day or two. After it closes, the new deed will be recorded (usually 24-48 hours) and the closing company will send the change of ownership to Disney to transfer the contract into your name. This is where the new wait begins. My contract that closed in January took 19 days to show up and another 7 days for my points to load. I don't think this timeline has changed too much in the last few months. I know it feels like forever, but it will happen soon.

That’s so scary! Im glad you’re all ok & I hope your mom heals soon. And soon you can be distracted by finding times to use your sweet points!
Thank you! We are so excited for our very first contract! Of course I’m still scouting the listings for
Hopefully once the sellers documents arrive, they will prioritize your closing. Some closing companies may do it the same day, some in a day or two. After it closes, the new deed will be recorded (usually 24-48 hours) and the closing company will send the change of ownership to Disney to transfer the contract into your name. This is where the new wait begins. My contract that closed in January took 19 days to show up and another 7 days for my points to load. I don't think this timeline has changed too much in the last few months. I know it feels like forever, but it will happen soon.
that is super helpful! Thank you! I’m assuming we will close on Tuesday or Wednesday, with the deed recorded on Thursday or Friday. And then will give myself a month for the points to finally be loaded. I don’t know what I would have done without this group to warn me of this process!

Update #1

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: http://www.dvc-resales.com/
Title Company: Mason Title and Escrow
Offer made: 2/20/2022
Offer accepted: 2/20/2022
Sent to ROFR: 2/21/2022
Passed ROFR: 3/14/2022
Closing docs received: 3/21/2022
Closing docs returned buyer: 3/21/2022
Closing docs returned seller: 3/22/2022
Closing: 3/28/2022
Deed recorded: 3/28/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 4/16/2022
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Here's to hoping my senior citizen sellers found a notary over the weekend!!! You would think sellers would want their money!!!
In the same boat, submitted my paperwork and have the funds ready to be wired, just waiting on the seller to return their docs. We've been lock-step this whole way, glad there's someone to comiserate with over this whole process!

In the same boat, submitted my paperwork and have the funds ready to be wired, just waiting on the seller to return their docs. We've been lock-step this whole way, glad there's someone to comiserate with over this whole process!
Beyond frustrating when we are ready to get it done, but they are on their own schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter