Closing Time!

You should...but you will probably see it on your dashboard if you check regularly before you get it! That is what happened to me!
If I'm an existing member but purchasing a different resort/use year, will it also just show up in my account, or will I have to manually add it after getting an email?

UPDATED

Home Resort: OKW(E)
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 2/8
Offer accepted: 2/8
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/23
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/27
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/27
Closing docs returned (seller): Not sure lol
Closing: 3/9
Deed recorded: 3/10
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Total Days:

Mason Title works magic!!!

Last edited:
Home Resort: OKW
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/24
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/24
Closing docs returned (seller): UKN
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 30

Third update.

Home Resort: BLT
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 1/29
Offer accepted: 1/30
Sent to ROFR: 2/9
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/28
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/28
Closing docs returned (seller): n/a
Deed recorded: 3/9
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 3/17
Points in account: 3/18 (chat request)

Total Days: 47

Last edited:
Home Resort: SSR
Offer made: 2/22
Offer accepted: 2/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/06
Passed ROFR: 3/09
Closing docs received (buyer): 3/10
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/10
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

Last edited:
Cammy at Mason is great - she had the closing docs in my e-mail BEFORE I even was told I passed ROFR hahahaha. Bonnie over at Fidelity was amazed because Cammy got to the closing docs before they sent the e-mail saying I passed - all in the same day.
SAME!!!

Home Resort: OKW
Closing docs received (buyer): 2/24
Closing docs returned (buyer): 2/24
Closing docs returned (seller): 3/1
Deed recorded: 3/10
Points in account:

Days Total: 31

Fourth update.

Last edited:
Home Resort: AKV
Title Company: First American (Lucy Ochoa)
Offer made: 2/27
Offer accepted: 2/28
Sent to ROFR: 3/2
Passed ROFR: 3/8
Closing docs received (buyer): 3/10
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/10
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Total Days:

And this was recently?? Why are the agents at other title companies so slow when cammie seems to be handling so many of the people on this board??
This was at the end of February. We have another offer on a contract for CCV and the real estate company's Contract Coordinator hasn't sent the ROFR yet - but the escrow money for MTI posted Wednesday. I think everyone is currently slammed. I haven't heard anything about closing for our first purchase yet either ( they said it could take up to two weeks to close). I'm thinking it may be longer based on what im seeing on the boards. I think these quick ROFR are slowing things down on the other end. But Mason seems to be on top of their game for quick responses and turn over. I think getting the contracts passed on by Disney is the current priority while the "monster is sleeping" - I am just as impatient wanting to know what is going on and if I can have this other property to round out our points. Trying not to drive my real estate agent crazy with questions...

Questions from a first-timer:
Just got our closing docs from Mason, and there's a big bolded page about calling to confirm the wiring instructions for the final payment. Do I call the phone number for Cammy (the agent) or Jordan (the escrow officer) about this?

Also, I see that some buyers wait until the sellers return their documents before sending payment; do you also email Cammy about this to have her let you know when the sellers return their docs, or will I get an automated email like I did during the contract phase?

I’m wondering if there is something I need to do to connect with Mason. We passed ROFR on Wednesday, and haven’t seen closing documents yet. We are not financing, but how does Mason know that? Could they be waiting for loan documents before sending out the closing package?

I certainly can be patient and totally understand that it’s not abnormal to take a few days to get closing documents out, but seeing that others are getting closing documents from Mason so quickly after passing ROFR makes me worry that I’m missing something in the process!

I’m wondering if there is something I need to do to connect with Mason. We passed ROFR on Wednesday, and haven’t seen closing documents yet. We are not financing, but how does Mason know that? Could they be waiting for loan documents before sending out the closing package?

I certainly can be patient and totally understand that it’s not abnormal to take a few days to get closing documents out, but seeing that others are getting closing documents from Mason so quickly after passing ROFR makes me worry that I’m missing something in the process!
our contract from the broker (fidelity) had a box to check if you were paying cash or financing the purchase. So they should know that information already.

I'm not with Mason but we've been waiting two weeks for closing docs. We aren't financing either. Apparently, we're supposed to get ours by Wednesday.

You mean you passed two days ago? I know Mason's been faster with getting them out than other companies, but it might be another few days. good luck!

When you signed your contract, there should have been a check box that said something like "Buyer will pay cash" and another that says "This contract is contingent upon Buyer obtaining financing approval" etc.

If you just passed ROFR on Wednesday, and it's only Friday now, I'd probably give them sone time. I mean at the fastest, I think I ever got my title packet was the afternoon of the next day. As I said upthread, the broker gets the ROFR notice, but they have to send everything to the title company and that's outside of Mason's control.

Questions from a first-timer:
Just got our closing docs from Mason, and there's a big bolded page about calling to confirm the wiring instructions for the final payment. Do I call the phone number for Cammy (the agent) or Jordan (the escrow officer) about this?

Also, I see that some buyers wait until the sellers return their documents before sending payment; do you also email Cammy about this to have her let you know when the sellers return their docs, or will I get an automated email like I did during the contract phase?
Call Mason, using a phone number you find yourself by googling them. They will confirm that the wire information is accurate (account number, etc.). You don;t have to speak to Cammy specifically, literally anyone who answers the phone at Mason will be able to do it for you.

UPDATE

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/8/2023
Offer accepted: 2/8/2023
Sent to ROFR: 2/10/2023
Passed ROFR: 2/24/2023
Closing docs received: 03/10/2023
Closing docs returned: 03/10/2023
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: https://dvcsales.com/
Offer made: 3/10
Offer accepted: 3/11
Sent to ROFR: 3/11
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:
Good luck on passing ROFR! And may DVC be as wonderful for your family as it’s been for ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter