• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club 33 Event

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
I stole this from LaughingPlace.com (normally I'd just post a link, but this was short enough & interesing enough to warrent posting in it's entirety). For West Coasters only, though.

Most show business fans and theme park aficionados don't know who Dr. Maxine Merlino is, but if it weren't for her, Disney would have quite different magic than it has had over the past thirty or so years.

Maxine was the Dean of Fine Arts at Cal State University Long Beach, Tony Baxter's Alma Mater, and Tony was one of her star students. On Thursday, May 16, Tony and one of her other star students, Emmy-winning production designer Bob Keene, who designed some of the best Grammy Award shows and most recently worked on The Wayne Brady Show, will host a fundraising dinner in honor of 90 year old Dr. Merlino's illustrious career.

The school will be opening The Merlino Gallery, and this fundraiser will help to pay for the creation of the new gallery.  A portion of the donation will be tax deductible.

There are two tiers of attendance:

$200.00 - All-day admission to both Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland Park for one day (it's a one-day park-hopper), Reception with wine and hors d'oevres  inside the club, the presentation by Tony Baxter and Bob Keene, and a dinner of either prime rib or rosemary chicken (vegetarian option by request).

$250.00 - Everything above PLUS a crystal Arribas Brothers piece with the Club 33 logo and date of event.  As of press time, they are working with a pyramid, to symbolize the beautiful pyramid structure at the college, but this may change.

For tickets, please call CSULB at (562) 985-4280.

Sarangel

Thanks for the story Sara. It just makes me wish I lived on the west coast all that much more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter