Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

Does anyone know the latest cost? Last I could find people were saying $40k initiation and $15k per year.

Does anyone know the latest cost? Last I could find people were saying $40k initiation and $15k per year.
It’s never been officially released and it’s one of the secrets of the membership, usually. Members rarely discuss what it costs. Those figures you quoted are roughly what we’ve heard though.

bizzare, why wouid Disney leave money on the table like this because a lot of potential members are likely to be executive members where the corporation owns the membership. Examples being custom home builders, professional services organizations and others where it would be advantageous for tax reasons for the corporation to own the ‘executive’ membership.

its always bizzare to me where Disney is always grubbing for pennies while dollars fly over their heads. Speaks to a corporate culture where risk is irrationally feared.
How are they leaving money on the table, when there is an existing waiting list? Under the existing rules they are "full" and are so for the foreseeable future.

The issue with the US corporation idea is the tax implications. We’re retiring to Cayman for a reason, and divesting ties to Canada is part of that. I doubt DH would be willing to then open up US taxation issues.

We will likely have a US PO Box and storage locker near WDW. Wonder if I changed my AP account info to that address, if it would be enough to get by the initial weeding out of applicants?
I would think using a US PO box would be a red flag. One option may be a UPS store. According to signs the one near me offers P.O. box type service, however it they the address will appear to be a "real" street address. Not sure how it works.

It’s more than that but unless one just joined or was offered it’s never disclosed or discussed. Last I knew it was 45 in late 2018 so you can guess it’s much more as the slots filled. Dues go up each year, they aren’t fixed. 15k is what they were in 2018, the first year.

Is anyone aware of any interviews taking place recently?
Rumor has it - Memberships that were offered pre COVID are the only once being processed atm. Then they will look to current member referrals on the waitlist first to fill any spots that fell out due to the pandemic and those are the only spots avail. Otherwise it’s a waitlist to fill non renewals as they come up.
There were some club 33 job listings online last week so hopefully that is an indication that things will normalize soon.

Any recent information? Has anyone visited the lounges? Is it even worth it? Other than saying “you’re in”, it seems hard to justify - even if you went to WDW often. I would need to be extremely wealthy to even consider the cost. Maybe the food is amazing?

If this is the question, the answer is no. This makes more sense to someone who would consider mid-five-figures per year “spare change in the couch.”
Yes, but I’d be curious how the food and other offerings compare to the offerings throughout the parks. The DVC Member lounge at Epcot for example purposely keeps things “just nice enough” that you’ll come in for about 25 minutes and then move on with your life and go back into the parks and spend $$$s. I’m curious how this fits in with that strategy, or they figure, they’re making so much money off the membership it’s worth it.

As I recall, it also includes guest passes and an AP and/or magic key. Maybe that’s where the value is?

I suspect there is no need to game the Club 33 guests in that way. Money works differently for someone who can drop $25K on admission every year. And that’s ignoring the initiation fee slightly more than double that.

And to clarify what I was saying above: “value” has nothing to do with this and it is not the question.

$15,000/yr,

DL 33 includes 4 PAPs so that’s about $3000 value.

It includes 50 day park hoppers for friends/family. At ~$175/ticket, that’s about ~9,000 in value (less if used as multi-day tix for F/F so let’s say $6000 value).

But, that’s about $9,000 worth of ticket media.

Now add (again these are DL perks) 6 FPs/day

A limited number of VIP tours.

Premium locations to view fireworks at all parks.

Now let’s add in possibilities not at DL but I think likely coming:

Premium access/FPs (not having to hope to snag at 60 days out) for Star Wars.

Front of the line reservation opportunity for the new Star Wars immersion hotel.

Concierge Plus level service.

I’m not sure it’s affordable but that’s not the same as saying it’s not worth it. I think it’d be worth it.
Also Run Disney perks and fancy “33” stencils in your coffee.

Yes, but I’d be curious how the food and other offerings compare to the offerings throughout the parks. The DVC Member lounge at Epcot for example purposely keeps things “just nice enough” that you’ll come in for about 25 minutes and then move on with your life and go back into the parks and spend $$$s. I’m curious how this fits in with that strategy, or they figure, they’re making so much money off the membership it’s worth it.

As I recall, it also includes guest passes and an AP and/or magic key. Maybe that’s where the value is?
From what I've heard, the food is somewhere between Victoria and Alberts and other Disney signature restaurants, with a bar that offers better drinks than anywhere else in the parks. And the price includes top level APs for your family, guest tickets, 1 or 2 VIP tours each year, and the ability to reserve part or all of the club if you're hosting a special event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter