CM Magic

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
Dear Friends,

While staying at the AKL last August we experienced some special Disney Magic.

We went to see Hoop Dee Doo one night at at FW.

My 8 year old DD brought along her 2 toys "Kovu & Kiara" from Lion King II.. she takes these things everywhere.

Anyway... Hoop Dee Doo was great - Noel (my DD) had them set up at the table with a plate each with some bread, a fork and a napkin. We enjoyed the show and got on the bus for Downtown Disney to do some shopping.

It was at Downtown Disney that Noel realized that she had left behind her beloved Kovu and Kiara on the table at Hoop Dee Doo.

It was too late to head back there by then so I told her we would call Lost & Found in the morning. We headed back to AKL on the bus and she was in crying and I felt pretty bad for her.

When we arrived at AKL we went up to our room, the first thing I saw when I opened the door was Kovu & Kiara sitting up on Noel's bed.

They were posed on her bed with their front paws crossed and there was a hand written note beside them which read...

"Dear Noel,

We had fun at dinner... but we missed you after!!!!

We had a big adventure and now we are ready for bed!"

Noel was so happy... and I was balling my eyes out - I just could not beleive they were back and that they had beaten us back to the Lodge. I cried like a baby - it was just so wonderful.

The next morning I asked the concierge if she knew anything about it - she told me that Hoop Dee Doo had called and said "We have to get these toys back to this little girl, she had them all set up with dinner plates and food!"

AKL sent a car to pick them up and bring them back to us at the lodge and the concierge set them up in the room with the note.

I was never so touched... that is truly Disney Magic at its finest. I have a wonderful photo of my daughter snuggled up with Kovu & Kiara in bed right after this happened and of course we kept the note.

I hope everyone experiences some Disney Magic... big or small..

Have a great 2003

Oh my gosh! What a great story!

That is amazing!

I am sure you were very relieved!

Lisajl

Every year (and I mean EVERY year that we go back) somebody always makes some remark like "Dont you ever get tired of Disney?".... and I always have little trouble finding this type of anecdote to relate to them. Unfortunately, they just don't get it (the Magic, that is....)

hakuna matata...

(our most recent story was when Mr Smee accidentally bent a Mickey hat; and them appeared a few minits later unprompted with a new one, WITH THE APPROPRIATE NAME SEWN ON IT; I dont recall that sort of happening at Gatorland....)

Isn't AKL Concierge grreat! They remember my daughter's birthday and mine every year even though it has been a while since I stayed there.

Thanks so much for sharing your story. What an amazing ending! We have been in that situation before, except it wasn't at Disney, and we never did get our daughter's belongings back.
Disney is truly MAGICAL :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter