Coast Anaheim Hotel Closed?!

simba_one

"I wash my hands of this weirdness!"
Hello all :wave2:,

I received the 2006 'USA & Canada' Virgin Holidays brochure this morning and have been looking through it for hotels for next summers vacation. I've been looking at the Coast Anaheim Hotel - looks nice.

Few problems though... I've heard that the hotel will be closing soon (think it has already?!) and won't open until sometime next year and I can't seem to find the hotels official website to check out Online Rates. Maybe they've taken the Anaheim hotel off the official website while it's closed? The only ones listed are Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Burbank and Long Beach.

I've tried booking rooms online through anaheimhotelsgroup.com but no luck.

Anyone know for sure what the hotels schedule is?!

Also, anyone ever stayed there? What's it like?

The Coast Anaheim Hotel is becoming the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort. It is closed, but the renovations should be complete in March 2006.

Edited to add, I just found some more info on this.

The guest rooms will have...
-all new furniture including Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed
-new carpet, wall coverings, and artwork
-refrigerators and safes in all rooms
-new sliding glass balcony doors
-new vanities, bathroom tile, mirrors, and plumbing fixtures
-complimentary high speed wireless internet access in all guest rooms
-27" flat screen tvs

Public areas will have....
-complete reconstruction of the front entrance, extensive landscaping and decorative fountains
-new design and upgraded decor in the lobby and lobby bar
major renovations to the 188 seat western themed Overland Stage steakhouse, Territorial Saloon and 147 seat coffee shop
-new 1400 square foot fitness center adjacent to pool
-new guest laundry facilities.

Thanks for the info. :) Have to say it's a little stupid Virgin advertising a hotel that isn't going to be the same next year - I mean it's not like the brochure was even out when the hotel was still open. I guess that hotel's out the window as their prices are likely to be sky high with the rennovation and all. Shame 'coz it looked really nice. No info. on when you'll be able to book-up reservations for next year?! Or how many stars will it be?

Thanks again though.

It's very disappointing! I stayed there in May and I LOVED it. It's really nice for the price and I got a fantastic view of Disneyland! When I tried to book there for my December trip, all that kept showing up online was that there were no rooms available! It took a lot of searching before we found out about the rennovations. Now the prices will probably be through the roof!

I thought it was great when it was the WestCoast Anaheim in September 2000. I just called Sheraton and was told it would open January 15, 2006, but the reservation agent had no idea when they would begin taking reservations. I would love to use my Starwood points to stay there in March!

We had a reservation at the Coast for next week and we got a call saying that they had thought they could keep part of the hotel open while they did the renovation but decided that it would be too disturbing to the guests so they closed it. Thankfully we managed to get a reservation at the Candy Cane Inn!

keahgirl8 said:
It's very disappointing! I stayed there in May and I LOVED it. It's really nice for the price and I got a fantastic view of Disneyland! When I tried to book there for my December trip, all that kept showing up online was that there were no rooms available! It took a lot of searching before we found out about the rennovations. Now the prices will probably be through the roof!
That's what got me excited about it. It says in the brochure ask for a Disneyland view and you'll see the fireworks every night. I've never seen the DL fireworks from height so that would have been amazing. Doesn't look like they did a very good job of promotign the hotels closure. :confused3

NancyIL said:
I thought it was great when it was the WestCoast Anaheim in September 2000. I just called Sheraton and was told it would open January 15, 2006, but the reservation agent had no idea when they would begin taking reservations. I would love to use my Starwood points to stay there in March!
I read something somewhere about it being called yet another name before it was even the Coast Anaheim Hotel. Why change it so many times?! Wouldn't like to take a chance and wait for them to open up reservations and not book any other hotels so looks like we'll have to go with the HI on Walnut and the Hyatt (was going to go to the Hyatt for a week anyway though). Can't wait to see what it looks like though. :teeth: I envy you and your points!!! :)

ZeusNike said:
We had a reservation at the Coast for next week and we got a call saying that they had thought they could keep part of the hotel open while they did the renovation but decided that it would be too disturbing to the guests so they closed it. Thankfully we managed to get a reservation at the Candy Cane Inn!
How late did they leave it until they told you? That's really bad. It could have ruined your whole trip!! Glad you got in at the CCI though!! ;)

simba_one said:
I read something somewhere about it being called yet another name before it was even the Coast Anaheim Hotel. Why change it so many times?! Wouldn't like to take a chance and wait for them to open up reservations and not book any other hotels so looks like we'll have to go with the HI on Walnut and the Hyatt (was going to go to the Hyatt for a week anyway though). Can't wait to see what it looks like though. :teeth: I envy you and your points!!! :)

It was the WestCoast Anaheim before the Coast Anaheim. Don't know what it was originally.

How late did they leave it until they told you? That's really bad. It could have ruined your whole trip!! Glad you got in at the CCI though!!

Well, I found out before they called me so I wasn't in too much danger. I am an owner with Worldmark the Club and had my room booked using points (gotta like saving money). I also had 5 other rooms booked at the Coast for the people travelling with us. When Worldmark called me to move me to Dolphin's Cove (too far away so I declined and booked the CCI) they explained the closure. I then called the hotel and they said they were going to call me so I don't really know how much notice they would have given. Everyone was very nice and apologetic about it and we are all just as happy at the Candy Cane Inn (my favourite actually!). :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter