I keep my drinks pretty simple, gin & tonic, Moscow mule, vodka & sparkling water.

Was at an afternoon wedding in England over the weekend and they had a mix of 1 part elderflower cordial and 2 parts prosecco. Really good afternoon refresher, I brought home an extra bottle of the elderflower cordial, did some googling to determine that in the UK a cordial is non-alcoholic.
We never run out of St. Germain or ketchup in our house. Definitely must haves! Lol

Hippopotomai-tai
  • 1 oz of rum (use the good stuff here)
  • 1 oz of dark rum
  • 1/2 oz of orgeat syrup
  • 1/2 oz of orange Curacao liqueur (you can use blue curacao in a pinch, they come out a pretty shade of blue that way)
  • 1/2 oz of agave nectar
  • 1 oz of fresh lime juice
I tend to go a little lighter on the orgeat and/or agave because I like it more on the tart side. Serve in Trader Sam's souvenir mug over crushed ice.

Caipirinha
  • Muddle two slices of lime (~1/4 of a lime, more if it's not a very juicy one) with sugar in a rocks glass - you can adjust the amount of lime and sugar to your own tastes once you know what you like
  • Fill glass about 3/4 with crushed ice
  • Fill glass about 3/4 with cachaça
  • Stir to combine
  • Top off with more ice and a little cachaça if there's room (it's too messy to stir with the glass full)

So, Labatts Blue is out?

Not much for cocktails. I don't think I could name one other than whiskey sour.
There’s always gotta be that one guy at the party.
My sister and I make rum punch on the regular (what we call it is not appropriate for the DIS). It's never exactly the same, but somehow always tastes the same.

For a 2-3 quart pitcher combine:
~1 cup rum (white or gold)
~1 cup spiced rum
~1 cup fruity rum (pineapple, tropical, passionfruit)
maybe another cup of a different fruity flavored rum
pour some blue curacao in there
maybe some coconut rum if you have it on hand. Not too much, a little goes a long way
splash of falernum
generous dash of bitters (Angostura, orange, or grapefruit, usually)
juice of 3-4 limes
fill the rest with fruit juices (pineapple, passionfruit, guava, mango)

Drink from a tiki mug with crushed ice and popping boba balls
oh that would get me in trouble.

DH has gotten into cocktail making recently. To give you a better scope of how into it he is, two months ago we owned a cheap shaker that came in a package deal with some vodka about 20 years ago; and a set of wine glasses (4 each red/white) and a single champagne flute from NYE 2000. :rotfl2: We drank beer, wine, or an occasional easy mixed drink, like rum & coke. [sidenote: they need to bring Zima back permanently. I miss that stuff.]

He has since purchased: a bar cart; multiple bar tools including a strainer, big spoon, shaker, etc; glass sets, including rocks, double rocks, collins, tiki, coupe, margarita, and Irish coffee mugs, and some I probably forgot here; and about $1K in various alcohol/mixers/cherries/etc. :banana: He spent sooo much time looking up what's considered the best in various categories.
This is so relatable! My DH started this hobby shortly after lockdown started in Spring 2020. By Summer 2020 when our adult DD came for a visit, I said, "would you like to see our cocktail menu?"

In addition to every new recipe needing to stock more things, he also has to have the good cherries. His probably fave drink is an Old Fashion which started his quest to make the crystal clear ice balls that you get in a bar. It took time, trial and error, different gadgets, but he now has a shelf in the freezer devoted to this successful operation.

His one wish was to figure out how to get a bar in our small space. This past fall, he turned an unused space in a built in entertainment center just off our kitchen for this...24D15286-A84C-405D-BC01-C6A37F320087.jpeg0B2F781B-C7B5-4E4C-A609-D373B53E6927.jpeg

Last edited:

Oral surgery for me today so no cocktail but a couple of my recent faves that we had on a trip and then recreated at home…

Hotel Nacional
  • 1 1/2 ounces white or aged rum
  • 1/4 ounce apricot liqueur
  • 1 ounce pineapple juice
  • 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1/2 ounce simple syrup
Campari and Elderflower Gin Sour

1.5 oz Gin

• 1/2 oz Campari
  • 1/2 oz Elderflower Syrup
  • 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
  • 1 Egg White
Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake for 10-20 seconds.
  • Add ice and shake again.
  • Strain into a chilled glass.

Last edited:
Anyone ever make their own lavender syrup? Where did you get your lavender? How did it come out?
I tried a lavender collins that I want to recreate but don’t want to use a store bought elixer.

Anyone ever make their own lavender syrup? Where did you get your lavender? How did it come out?
I tried a lavender collins that I want to recreate but don’t want to use a store bought elixer.
Buy Monin syrups. They have a lavender one. This is the brand many high end establishments use. Syrups run $11-13 on Monin.com with free shipping at $39. I have several flavors.

Oh, are we showing off our home bars now? 😆

This bar cabinet was my husband's 40th birthday present. It's modular so you can add pieces. We already need another cabinet. The bottom cabinet is chock full of liquor and our overflow is in one of our kitchen cabinets. 🤣

And yes, that is a Rose & Crown "half yard" souvenir glass up top...

20220721_110127.jpg

I will be at our place at Williamstown Lake this weekend so come visit and we can imbibe together. I will be drinking fake Grey Goise Slushes 2 part citrus vodka, 2 parts sweet & sour,, and 1 part homemade simple sugar.

An Epcot drink for a Disney board
I'm in Ft Wright, nice to "meet" a local! That sounds delicious 😋!

No drinking for me today (getting over Covid still), but my favorite cocktail is a:

French 75
Serve in a well chilled martini glass

1.5 oz. Gin (Hendricks or Nolets are my recommendations)
1oz fresh lemon juice (don't use that bottled junk)
1/2 oz simple syrup
Shake those three well in a shaker with ice. Pour into the glass

Top with:
4 oz Champagne or Prosecco (whichever you have on hand)
I had one of these recently at Harry’s New York bar in Paris. Quite strong but really good. Good thing they are small!

I had one of these recently at Harry’s New York bar in Paris. Quite strong but really good. Good thing they are small!
They are named after a type of cannon. That tells you how strong they are. They will mess you up, just like one of those cannons.

"The inspiration for the title was apparently a 75mm Howitzer field gun used by the French and the Americans in World War 1. The gun was known for its accuracy and speed, and the French 75 is said to have such a kick that it felt like being hit by just such a weapon."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter