Cold air fans?

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
I am looking into getting a couple of air conditioning type fans-I had read a thread once where some campers used them not only for tents, but also just to have outside their campers on really hot days. They aren’t portable air conditioners- rather I seem to remember they had some type of frozen ice pack in them which created the cool air.
Anyone have any information on these- it would be much appreciated!

I don't think you have to have a window open, but you can. Never used one of these, but I have built and used a homemade version of one in a tractor before. It was older tractor that the AC kept failing in. I bought medium sized Igloo cooler and cut two holes in the top. Ran 3" pvc elbow out each hole and installed a 12 volt fan blowing in one of them. Worked pretty well, though it was a small area and had to refill ice about every 5-6 hours but it beat nothing.

I don't think you have to have a window open, but you can. Never used one of these, but I have built and used a homemade version of one in a tractor before. It was older tractor that the AC kept failing in. I bought medium sized Igloo cooler and cut two holes in the top. Ran 3" pvc elbow out each hole and installed a 12 volt fan blowing in one of them. Worked pretty well, though it was a small area and had to refill ice about every 5-6 hours but it beat nothing.
Off subject but we sure miss seeing you! Your family is always welcome in Minnesota ❤️

Miss you guys too! I've always considered a run up to revisit Cotton again. Not in the winter though! :scared:
Sitting in front of the fireplace warm and cozy while a raging snowstorm is going on outside- it’s the stuff movies are made of! 😉

I have done some research on these fans. It appears that don't work well. I want to use it in my house.
If someone finds one than works , pls report back

I have done some research on these fans. It appears that don't work well. I want to use it in my house.
If someone finds one than works , pls report back
I’m finding this in my research as well. Lots of negative reviews. Seemed like they don’t work well if there’s humidity, but it’s blazing hot and humid in the summer- who DOESN’T have humidity?? And that’s the whole reason we want to cool it off!

I’m finding this in my research as well. Lots of negative reviews. Seemed like they don’t work well if there’s humidity, but it’s blazing hot and humid in the summer- who DOESN’T have humidity?? And that’s the whole reason we want to cool it off!
They are popular in the desert (Arizona etc..) ...not much humidity there but extremely high Temps..I have heard they are not very effective with high humidity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter