College Auditions

Happy Dumbo Fan

Earning My Ears
I have my fist acting auditon for college admittance this coming weekend, I have three in all. I wanted some free advice. Have any of you gone through this whole process and do you have any tips?

I would say relax, and be nice to every person you meet at the auditions. (I'm not saying you are mean) Look them in the eye and give them a nice handshake. I used to work auditions when I was in College and sometimes the Department Head, or whomever was giving the audition, would ask how the people in the waiting room were. Don't get sucked in by any people comparing how fabulous they are, and on the flip side don't let them make you nervous. By any chance are you auditioning for Emerson?

Thanks. Yes I am auditioning for Emerson! It's my top choice!! That is the one I am most excited, nervous, and looking foreward too. Did you go to Emerson, Costumesaremylife?

Yes I did go to Emerson. I majored in costume design (surprise). How did your audition go?

Be prepared for questions about your strengths, weaknesses and goals. Also why you chose this particular school. Hope you find the perfect fit.

Also have questions you'd like to ask them--maybe about foreign study opportunities, etc.

a university professor of music

Thanks for the tips! My Syracuse audition went really well, I think I was nervous without a reason to be. My Emerson audition is coming up in a week or so. I'm looking forward to prefoming it for one person and perhaps getting some individual attention. I hear that I should brace myself for NYU since everyone just wants you to hurry up and finish since they have so many people to get though. I was really suprised and happy to find that at Syracuse no one had a stop watch ready to stop me even if I wasn't finished. I don't think I can expect the same from NYU. Anyway, thanks again, the tips are giving me some peace of mind about the whole thing.

Hey, Happy Dumbo Fan! I grew up outside of Boston and also lived in Syracuse for 5 years while DH went to grad school, and have friends who went to Emerson. Good luck getting in to your programs...just wanted to say that, as much as I like Boston (my 'hometown'), I'd rather go to school at SU than in Boston- better campus/college life than being in the city all the time, cost of living is more affordable in Syracuse, it's a big enough city to have "everything", and you can be out in the woods within 15 minutes drive in any direction. Anyhow, good luck with the auditions and college!

Sorry I can't give any tips on acting auditions, but I wanted to wish you lots of luck! :)

Just want to wish you The Best Of Luck with your auditions!

Thank you all very much for your best wishes! I'm all finished with the auditions now, thank goodness! It was very stressful but I got the hang of it after a while. My NYU audition was the most fun of all, I had a great time just getting to "play" with the pieces! It was a great way to end the whole college audition experience. I have been accepted to five of the eight schools that I have applied to: Hampshire College, Ithaca College, Columbia College Chicago, and Temple University. I haven't heard from Syracuse University, Emerson College, or New York University yet. If any of you have any tips or comments about any of these schools it would be very helpful (Ithaca especially)! I already have a tough decision on my hands! Thanks again! :)

Hey Happy Dumbo Fan, Just wondering how you were doing on the college acceptance train?

Hey Costumesaremylife, thanks for asking! I head from Syracuse University, they rejected me. I think it is all for the better anyway. When I visitied the town seemed very uncomfotable to me, not very safe it seemed. It was very..."Lovely Bones" like if you know what I mean.
I am still waiting to hear from NYU and Emerson.
I really like the sounds of Ithaca College, do you know anything about Ithaca? Like, happy or sad students and whatnot.
I'll let you know when I hear from Emerson and NYU!

I used to go to school right around the corner from Emerson! Worked with a LOT of kids there at a local theater! Good luck! If you want to chat pm me! If you get in to Emerson and choose to go there I can send ya on to where I worked, and had a BLAST!!!

Hey Kandeebunny, thanks. I will definately let you know if I get accepted to Emerson! I see you are a fellow New Hampshireite! Awesome!

I'm just bumping this up to see if you have any updates...good luck :)

Well, I have finally found out from all eight of the schools I applied to! Fortunately I was accepted to a total of five which makes me completely psyched! However, I was rejected from Syracuse, NYU, and Emerson who offered to put me on the wait list which I am declining. While I'm a little bit bummed I'm also happy with how it all turned out. I now have less of a decision to make then I would have had and I pretty much have it narrowed down to Ithaca College and the University of New Hampshire. I want to thank you guys for all the help and support! Eventhough I didn't get in I think my auditions were great and I can confidently say that I did my absolute best! Thanks again! :)

Congrats on getting in to 5! Thats awesome that you were able to narrow it down as well! Wherever you end up let us know! If you end up at UNH I know there are a few of us who go there as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter