College Football 2023-Year of The Dawgs?

I haven’t looked but it’s hard to imagine FSU having more NFL caliber talent leaving and opting out than Georgia. Next years playoff system will virtually eliminate this issue -which is about the only good thing I can see come out of it.
From what I've read, that's not the case. It appears more of Georgia's impact players are playing, which I applaud. I don't know if FSU's better players are trying to make a statement or what, but many of them are opting out.

I agree that next years expanded playoff setup will change things, but many of the bigger, non-playoff bowls this year mean nothing. Too many of the better players have opted out.

Reactions: GAN
Why do Field Goal kickers get credit from where they kick but Punters only get credit from the Line of Scrimmage?
Because for a FG, the ball is placed on the ground and the kick is made from precisely that spot. For a punt, it isn't placed on the ground, the punter is moving while he kicks, and the precise measuring spot is the LOS.

Because for a FG, the ball is placed on the ground and the kick is made from precisely that spot. For a punt, it isn't placed on the ground, the punter is moving while he kicks, and the precise measuring spot is the LOS.
But when the Punt is fielded,unless it is a Fair Catch,the player is moving and the spot it is fielded is estimated so the spot the Punter's foot meets the ball could be estimated just as well.

Unfortunately, the Orange Bowl will not be a true indication of which of these teams were better, during the regular season. It appears the Seminoles have had several more players opt out than the Bulldogs have. The playoffs are pretty much the only meaningful bowls now. Too much of the top talent opt out of the others.
UNLESS FSU somehow beats Georgia with their 3rd string Quarterback.

They will then say that they had more opt outs than Georgia and still beat them and that PROVES they are the better team.

Several FSU players are stating that if they beat Georgia that they will be the true National Champions.

Alabama must have some STRONG indications Michigan was going to try to hack their practice film.

For the first time the players are not being allowed to access practice film on their personal devices.

Receiver Isaiah Bond said the Catapult game and practice film storage system Alabama uses is at the center of the matter.

“And they were like, I guess, like looking at other people’s play calls like their hands signals,” Bond said. “It was like the first eight games or something like that. We was able to watch film with the team, but personally, we can’t watch film because like, I don’t know, for some reason with Michigan stealing signs. But I’m not really too keen on all that.”

Offensive lineman JC Latham initially explained the change as an opportunity to build team unity. When asked about teammates’ comments, the starting right tackle confirmed it.

“We just didn’t want to take no chances,” Latham said. “It’s a really big game. I think we have a really great film staff and guys who make sure our film is pretty secure but we’re just taking another precaution to make sure we’re all good.”

UNLESS FSU somehow beats Georgia with their 3rd string Quarterback.

They will then say that they had more opt outs than Georgia and still beat them and that PROVES they are the better team.

Several FSU players are stating that if they beat Georgia that they will be the true National Champions.
I suppose it's worth a try to declare themselves champions It worked for UCF. :laughing: That's not going to happen though.

Alabama must have some STRONG indications Michigan was going to try to hack their practice film.

For the first time the players are not being allowed to access practice film on their personal devices.

Receiver Isaiah Bond said the Catapult game and practice film storage system Alabama uses is at the center of the matter.

“And they were like, I guess, like looking at other people’s play calls like their hands signals,” Bond said. “It was like the first eight games or something like that. We was able to watch film with the team, but personally, we can’t watch film because like, I don’t know, for some reason with Michigan stealing signs. But I’m not really too keen on all that.”

Offensive lineman JC Latham initially explained the change as an opportunity to build team unity. When asked about teammates’ comments, the starting right tackle confirmed it.

“We just didn’t want to take no chances,” Latham said. “It’s a really big game. I think we have a really great film staff and guys who make sure our film is pretty secure but we’re just taking another precaution to make sure we’re all good.”
Harbaugh being Harbaugh…

The Orange Bowl Beatdown is in full swing.

Yep.

The Georgia team lost to Bama in the SEC 'Ship and dropped from 1st to 6th.

FSU played like Iowa after their starting QB got hurt and limped the rest of the way through their weak schedule and ended up 5th.

GA didn't have a bunch of opt outs because of the strong team bond among the players (per the sideline reporter this afternoon). I guess the bond among the FSU players was not as strong.

The game's not over at this point but at least I can see which team wants this more.

Bama Ed

Players that opt our of Bowl Games (unless they are legitimately hurt) should lose their scholarships
I thought about that. I think most won't care (because they're going to the NFL) or will get a doctor to certify them as "injured".

I agree with you though.

Players that opt our of Bowl Games (unless they are legitimately hurt) should lose their scholarships

Well, players that opt out are usually already leaving their university for the NFL draft so the 'losing their scholarship' threat has no leverage on them.

They gone already.

Last year Bama didn't make the playoffs and Bryce Young (past Heisman winner) and the rest of the team all played in the Sugar Bowl versus K-State and won.

Ultimately you want a team to hang together and play for each other like Bama did last year and Georgia did this year, no?

Bama Ed

Yep.

The Georgia team lost to Bama in the SEC 'Ship and dropped from 1st to 6th.

FSU played like Iowa after their starting QB got hurt and limped the rest of the way through their weak schedule and ended up 5th.

GA didn't have a bunch of opt outs because of the strong team bond among the players (per the sideline reporter this afternoon). I guess the bond among the FSU players was not as strong.

The game's not over at this point but at least I can see which team wants this more.

Hey, at least FSU kept the score close. They've written their season history.

It ended 63-3 in favor of Georgia.

My thanks goes out to FSU proving the CFP Committee right.

Bye.

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

Last edited:
"Seminoles, who were without more than two dozen players because of opt-outs and transfers, including five starters in their defensive front seven, their top two running backs and top three receivers." And they were starting QB #3.

More than 25 not playing by kickoff...congrats to Georgia for beating the JV FSU team...I'm sure the ratings will reflect what a good decision that whole bowl game was...

"Seminoles, who were without more than two dozen players because of opt-outs and transfers, including five starters in their defensive front seven, their top two running backs and top three receivers." And they were starting QB #3.

More than 25 not playing by kickoff...congrats to Georgia for beating the JV FSU team...I'm sure the ratings will reflect what a good decision that whole bowl game was...

Or maybe congrats to Georgia players for not abandoning their team for the bowl game. I'm glad they stomped them.

So you're saying the FSU players were quitters and the Georgia players were there for each other to the very end of the season.

Got it.

So you're saying the FSU players were quitters and the Georgia players were there for each other to the very end of the season.

Got it.
I would say exactly that. Although, I think FSU's situation was more sticking it to the NCAA & ESPN than abandoning their teammates. That doesn't excuse the number of opt-outs. I think that was a juvenile reaction on their part. Kudos to Georgia for showing up & caring about winning, regardless of the situation.

What I wouldn't say is the game proves FSU didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. That's nothing more than a convenient attempt at justifying Alabama being chosen instead of them, simply because the committee wasn't willing to exclude the SEC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter