Color Swap- Active- Heading towards their homes!

Mickeyteacher

<font color=darkcoral>Mother, Wife, Daughter, Frie
PN and I have been taking about this years color swap- here is the ideas that I have for this swap- please let me know what you think and if we need to add or change something. I'm happy to except suggestions! I used the group from last years swap.
S :)

The Color Swap will have sign-ups open on August 2, at 9 am. They will stay open for a week, until August 7.

Check-ins:
Confirm your groups and send me your contact info by – August 13.
Check in #1 by – September 10- LAST CALL FOR ANGELS
Mail by – September 23
Due by – October 1
The due date is firm. Please be on time.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

If you finish early, feel free to mail to me as soon as you are done. I have room to store the boxes.

Packaging Instructions:
Place each set of items in a Ziploc bag that is able to close. Label the bag with your DISname, name and group info:

Place the 4 individual bags inside a gallon size or larger bag. NO SMALLER. Although your items may fit in a quart size bag, the pieces you get back may not fit in a small bag. Label the outer bag also. The little paper slips that go in the bags are also fine.

Mailing Instructions:
You may send to me by any method you choose unless you are mailing after Sept. 15. Then, you must mail Priority with Delivery Confirmation. I will send back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping.
REQUIREMENTS:

1 photomat for a 4x6 photo, at least 2 layers, smallest layer 4.25x6.25, embellished 2 ways

AND

1 box total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3 (other shapes are okay, doesn’t have to be a square), embellished 1 way

AND

1 element from the list below:

1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished 2 ways
1 file folder (2 if mini) - -embellished 2 ways
2 slide mounts -- embellished 2 ways
1 topper, 2 layers, embellished 2 ways
1 border (make it to fit a 12x12 page), 2 layers, embellished 2 ways
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box or matchbook (with paper inside), embellished 1 way
1 library pocket and tag, tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
1 ATC, embellished 2 ways
4 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished 1 way, minimum 1 ½ inches

Embellishing: adding an extra layer beyond the requirements, specialty paper: flocked, bling/metallic, glittered, foiled, embossed etc., metal embellishments (brads and eyelets), adding ink or glitter (ex. - Smooch Spritz, Stickles, etc.), paper tearing/distressing, dry or heat embossing, using stamps, rub-ons, flock, adding flowers or skittles, ribbon or fibers, matted flat stickers or dimensional stickers….PLEASE NOTE, this is not an all inclusive list. I am sure there are other ways of embellishing. If you have an idea, I’d love to hear it. If anything is not clear, please let me know so I can clear it up. The only thing specifically excluded is handwriting.

GROUPS:

For monochromatic groups: use any shade of the color, white, black, or a neutral color, or patterned paper that is mostly the color of the group – judgment is up to the designer if a paper is, for example, light blue or sea foam green.

A. Red FULL
1. Ckmom97
2. mommy2mrb
3. Arizona Rita
4. Mom-to-2-Princesses

B. Blue - FULL
1. JJ&JH'sMom
2. Ckmom97
3. mommy2mrb
4. Arizona Rita

Group B2:
1. MazdaUK
2. Mom-to-2-Princesses
3. wdwmickey
4. Lovemy3kiddos

C. Green FULL
1. JJ&JH'sMom
2. mommy2mrb
3. Arizona Rita
4. Mom-to-2-Princesses

Group C2 FULL
1. Lovemy3kiddos
2. MT
3. Princess Jayne
4. Arizona Rita

D. Brown FULL
1. mommy2mrb
2. Mom-to-2-Princesses
3. Arizona Rita
4. Princess Jayne

E. Purple FULL
1. Ckmom97
2. mommy2mrb
3. wdwmickey
4. Lovemy3kiddos

F. Pink FULL
1. Ckmom97
2. mommy2mrb
3. Arizona Rita
4. Mom-to-2-Princesses

Group F2: FULL
1. Lovemy3kiddos
2. wdwmickey
3. MT
4. MT friend Andrea

G. Yellow FULL
1. Ckmom97
2. Arizona Rita
3. Lovemy3kiddos
4. wdwmickey

H. Orange FULL
1. Arizona Rita
2. Mom-to-2-Princesses
3. wdwmickey
4. MT

I. Color Combo – Black (ideas: black & pink, black & white, black & grey, black & red, black & silver, black & orange, black & purple…) FULL
1. Princess Jayne- Black and Orange
2. Ckmom97- black and red
3. mommy2mrb- black and silver
4. Arizona Rita- black and white

Group I2 FULL
1. MT- Black and Purple
2. MazdaUK- Black and Aqua
3. Mom-to-2-Princesses- Black and Grey
4. wdwmickey- Black and White

J. Color Combo – Any 2 colors (ideas: green & pink, red and white, brown and pink/ blue) FULL
1. mommy2mrb- red and white
2. wdwmickey- pink and green
3. MT- Pink and Navy
4. Lovemy3kiddos- Teal and Brown

K. Brights (red, blue, green, orange, yellow) FULL
1. mommy2mrb- blue
2. MazdaUK-
3. wdwmickey- Green
4. Lovemy3kiddos

L. Rustic (brown, goldenrod, orange, gold, burnt orange, red, burgundy, green, forest green) FULL
1. Princess Jayne- Brown
2. mommy2mrb- forest green
3. Arizona Rita- green
4. MazdaUK

Group L2
1. Mom-to-2-Princesses
2. Lovemy3kiddos

For “Boy” & “Girl” groups: use 3 colors. Coordinating patterned paper can be used as well. No repeats on color combos, although colors can be repeated. (Ex. – one person can do brown, pink, and cream, and another can do green, pink, and brown, but two people cannot do green, pink, and brown.)

N. “Boys” (some ideas: blue, green, orange, brown, yellow)
1. Ckmom97- blue, red green
2. MazdaUK

O. “Girls” (some ideas: pink, purple, red, yellow, light blue, light green) FULL
1. Ckmom97- pink, purple, green
2. mommy2mrb- blue, green, brown
3. MazdaUK
4. wdwmickey- purple, green & lavendar

Q. Patterned Papers (can be any mix of papers, use up papers you don’t have a use for– but all have to be of equal quality) FULL
1. mommy2mrb
2. Mom-to-2-Princesses
3. wdwmickey
4. MT

R. Disney FULL
1. Ckmom97
2. Arizona Rita
3. Lovemy3kiddos
4. MT-

Scrap Paper Group
One-of-a-kind element sets using bits of leftover paper, embellishments, ribbon, etc. Maximum of five sets per swapper, so we can more easily/randomly exchange among participants and not get any of our own sets back. Patterned and/or colored paper of any color are ok. The point of this group is to use up our scraps in fun and creative ways, so if you have enough to make 2+ groups with the same materials, that’s fine, but if you don’t, that’s fine too.
1. JJ&JH'mom
2. Arizona Rita (5 groups)
3. MazdaUK (5 Groups)
4. Ckmom97
5. wdwmickey-
6. MT- (5 groups)

Players:

I have your stuff! :cool1:

Mom-to-2-Princesses:cool1:
wdwmickey- :cool1:
MT- :cool1:
JJ&JH'sMom :cool1:
MT friend Andrea :cool1:
mommy2mrb :cool1:
Princess Jayne:cool1:
Arizona Rita :cool1:
MazdaUK :cool1:
Ckmom97:cool1:
Lovemy3kiddos:cool1:

Me! Me! Me!:banana::woohoo::yay: This is one of my favourite swaps!

The only thing I'd suggest is perhaps pushing it back a little as its overlapping Rebecca's planner swap.

I have a question...because it confused me last year...for the Bright group...is that brights colors combos or one individual bright color?

I'll be an angel if the need arises.. I'm still got my set from last round.. I forget about them.. I pulled them out today in hopes of using them!

While, I understand that this does over lap with the planner swap, I need to have sign-ups complete before the 1st week of school. So, I can lengthen it on the end, but I need to do sign-ups on August 2.
S :)

slightly later finish would be good - we've not had our vacation yet and kids don't go back til 6 September or something daft:rolleyes1 I can live with the sign-up date:thumbsup2

Shawna, I might be in for this too!
will see what I get finished up between now and sign-ups!

I'll be there! Got my groups all picked out!

hope you summer is going good! when does school start back?? need to catch up on the phone soon!

I'm planning on playing, too, providing I can complete a couple more groups for the AK swap. I have a couple of questions before I decide on my groups. For the Disney group, do we use the traditional red, yellow, black and white? For the groups other than girls, boys, and Disney, do we keep the embellishments/theme generic? Thanks.

I have to work all next week, so do you think I will need a sign up buddy if I know that I would like to have or do you think that I should still be able to get what I would like when I get home that night? I wont be home and no computer access when sign ups open. I think I will end up with 10 groups if anything like the past.

I have to work all next week, so do you think I will need a sign up buddy if I know that I would like to have or do you think that I should still be able to get what I would like when I get home that night? I wont be home and no computer access when sign ups open. I think I will end up with 10 groups if anything like the past.

Rita I can be your sign up buddy if you want! PM me your picks!

Just a heads up... your questions will be answered later this weekend.. unless MT gets online sometime today.. they are out of town at a family event.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter