DIS Veteran
Color Swap for element groups

due date August 14, 2009

Check in: May 20, verify groups and pm address
Jun 20
Jul 20 - -last call for angels
August 7 -- mail date
August 14 -- due date

Angels: I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible. I will not be asking for angels after July 20. I will swap out between groups as best I can.

THIS SWAP IS OPEN TO ALL SWAPPERS. NEWCOMERS ARE WELCOME AS ALWAYS. If you are new to swapping on the DISboards, please limit yourself to 2 groups.

Requirements for Element Groups:
1 photomat for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished 2 ways
AND
1 box total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3 (other sizes are okay), embellished 2 ways
AND
1 element from the list below

Elements:
1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished 2 ways
1 file folder (2 if mini) - -embellished 2 ways
2 slide mounts -- embellished 2 ways
1 topper 2x8, 2 layers, embellished 2 ways
1 border 2x12(approximate size -- make it to fit a 12x12 page), 2 layers, embellished 2 ways
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box or matchbook (with paper inside)
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished 2 ways, minimum 1 ½ inches
1 photomat (or frame) and 1 small tag
1 photomat (or frame) and 2 shapes
1 photomat ( or frame)and 1 box

Embellishing: adding an extra layer beyond the requirements, specialty paper: flocked, bling/metallic, glittered, foiled, embossed etc., metal embellishments, adding ink, paper tearing, dry or heat embossing, using stamps, flock, adding flowers or skittles, ribbon or fibers, matted flat stickers or dimensional stickers….PLEASE NOTE, this is not an all inclusive list. I am sure there are other ways of embellishing. If you have an idea, I’d love to hear it. If anything is not clear, please let me know so I can clear it up. The only thing specifically excluded is handwriting.

Using patterned papers and other colors
Yes! You can use your patterned paper in this swap. Your pieces or pages do not have to be solid cardstock only. I am requesting that you do not use themed papers such as bats, Christmas trees, brothers etc. We have a holiday swap and the weird pages swap on the calendar that will cover those topics. These groups are meant to be theme-less, just about the color. In the end, your pieces should represent the color you picked -- no one should have to look at the label to see if your group was blue or green.

You can use black, white, or a neutral color in your groups. Again, in the end, your pieces should represent the color you picked.

Unless otherwise stated in your group, you can use any shade in the color spectrum. If your color is blue, use any shade of blue from midnight blue to baby blue. However, if you selected blue in the pastel group, keep it light. I realize we may have different opinions on whether a color is in the blue family or the green family -- the swapper makes that call.

Packaging Instructions
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS THROUGH CAREFULLY. If you are unable to package and label as follows, I respectfully ask that you do not sign up for this swap. Items that are not packaged and labeled properly are an added burden to the hostess; it really slows down the sorting process and increases the chances of you not getting back the pieces you are entitled to.

Place each set of items in a Ziploc bag that is able to close. Label the bag with your DISname, name and group info:
123SA
Susan Billings
Red A
Place the 4 individual bags inside a gallon size or larger bag. NO SMALLER. Although your items may fit in a quart size bag, the pieces you get back may not fit in a small bag. Label the outer bag also. The little paper slips that some of you use are fine. I appreciate your attention to the details here.

Groups -- 4 swappers to a group, I will open new groups as they fill

A. Red FULL
1. SusieStone
2. Mickeyteacher
3. momx3boys
4. MazdaUK

A1. Red FULL
1. ArizonaRita
2. missesdisney
3. TinkerBean
4. ZerotoHero

A2. Red FULL
1. tiggermei
2. rlovew
3. Susie
4. chiefdragon

B. Blue FULL
1. SusieStone
2. Mickeyteacher
3. MazdaUK
4. momx3boys

B1. Blue FULL
1. missesdisney
2.disneyrider
3. TinkerBean
4. ZerotoHero

B2. Blue FULL
1. Ronita
2. tiggermei
3. rlovew
4.Susie

C. Green FULL
1. SusieStone
2.Mickeyteacher
3. rlovew
4. momx3boys

C1. Green FULL
1. MazdaUk
2. ArizonaRita
3. missesdisney
4. 4ltlTinks

C2. Green FULL
1. TinkerBean
2. DisneyBarlans
3. Mom-to-2-Princesses
4. ZerotoHero

D. Brown FULL
1. SusieStone
2.Mickeyteacher
3. momx3boys
4. MazdaUK

D1. Brown FULL
1. 4ltlTinks
2. Michi Belle
3. TinkerBean
4. AWM

E. Purple FULL
1. Susie
2. Mischief_Managed
3. Minniegarden
4.Mickeyteacher

E1. Purple FULL
1. rlovew
2. missesdisney
3. TinkerBean
4. ZerotoHero

E2. Purple FULL
1. Ronita
2. tiggermei
3. rlovew
4. Mickeyteacher

F. Pink FULL
1. SusieStone
2. Mickeyteacher
3.rlovew
4.disneyrider

F1 Pink
1. TinkerBean
2. rlovew
3. Susie
4. chiefdragon

G. Yellow FULL
1. SusieStone
2. Mickeyteacher
3. momx3boys
4. MazdaUK

G1. Yellow FULL
1. ArizonaRita
2. missesdisney
3.disneyrider
4. TinkerBean

G2. Yellow FULL
1. tiggermei
2. rlovew
3. SusieStone
4. ZerotoHero

H. Orange FULL
1. SusieStone
2.Mickeyteacher
3. MazdaUK
4. TinkerBean

I. Color Combo – black FULL
1. black and pink -- DisneyIsTerrific
2. black and white -- rlovew
3. black and grey -- Mischief_Managed
4. black and red -- SusieStone

I1. Color Combo – black FULL
1. black and pink -- 4ltlTinks
2. black and silver -- Mom-to-2-princesses
3. black and white -- MinnieGarden
4. black and red -- Mickeyteacher

I2. Color Combo – black FULL
1. black and pink -- disneyrider
2. black and grey or orange -- AWM
3. black and white -- Michi Belle
4. black and red -- ZerotoHero

I3 Color Combo Black FULL
1. black and pink - Ronita
2. black & silver - ZerotoHero
3. Black & white - rlovew
4. Black & red - tiggermei

J. Pastels
1. pink -- Mickeyteacher
2. blue -- AWM
3. lavendar -- chiefdragon
4. green -- Mischief Managed

K Bright FULL
1. red -- Mickeyteacher
2. blue -- Mischief_Managed
3. green -- missesdisney
4. orange -- DisneyIsTerrific

K1 Bright FULL
1. red --4ltlTinks
2. blue -- Mickeyteacher
3. green -- DisneyIsTerrific
4. orange - Ronita

L Rustic FULL
1. brown/burnt orange -- 4ltlTinks
2. burnt orange/orange - MazdaUK
3. red/burgundy - SusieStone
4. green/forest green -- Mischief_Managed

L1 Rustic FULL
1. brown/goldenrod -- AWM
2. burnt orange/orange - Michi Belle
3. red/burgundy - ZerotoHero
4. green/forest green --Mom-to-2-Princesses

M Metallic FULL
1. gold -- missesdisney
2. silver -- SusieStone
3. copper -- AMW
4. TBD -- Mom-to-2-Princesses

N For boys FULL
1. blue - MinnieGarden
2. green -- DisneyIsTerrific
3. orange -- Mickeyteacher
4. brown -- MazdaUK

N1 For boys FULL
1. blue -- DisneyBarlans
2.green -- Susie
3.orange -- AWM
4.brown/yellow -- Mischief Managed

O. For girls
1. pink -- Mischief_Managed
2. purple -- Mickeyteacher
3. red -- chiefdragon
4. yellow -- Mom-to-2-Princesses

P. Patterned Papers -- Use your stash! This group is for the patterned papers you have that really don’t fit into any specific color range, or you don't have enough of it for 4 sets. The sets do not have to be the same, but they do need to be of similar quality. You do not have to pick a color for this group.
P. Patterned PapersFULL
1. 123SA
2. MazdaUK
3. missesdisney
4. ToraUK

P1. Patterned Papers
1. disneyrider
2. Michi Belle
3. AWM
4. Mom-to-2-Princesses

P2. Patterned papers
1. tiggermei
2. missesdisney
3. Susie
4. AWM

Kids Group 1 FULL
1. coolcat(123SA) -- yellow
2. kicky (mazda) -- green
3. amourecat(tiggermei) -- purple
4. Thing3(4ltlTinks) -- pink&brown

Kids Group 2 -- FULL
1. Thing2(4ltlTinks) -- blue
2. LittleBit (AWM) -- cosmo cricket cogmos
3. banana(AZRita) -- purple
4. princessM (morgansmom) -- pink

Kids Group 3 -- FULL
1. coolcat(123SA) - blue
2. WyFy (AWM) -- BG Archaic
3. Amourecat (tiggermei) - green
4. banana (arizona rita) - brown

Specialty Groups: For the following groups, a specific line of paper and bazzill cardstock is required. You may use any of the papers listed. Each person will make one mat, one box and one element. No duplicate elements. Please list your element when you sign up. The combo elements (mat and tag, mat and box etc.) are not options for these groups.

Group R: Basic Grey Marrakesh, Bazzill: Pear, Sea Water, French Vanilla, Brown, Pauly poo, Red Rock, Sun Coral, Nightmist, Moss, Leapfrog
1. 123SA - topper
2. MazdaUK - tag
3. momx3boys - file folder
4. ToraUK -- shapes

Group S: Basic Grey Lime Rickey, Bazzill: Tangelo blast, Amsterdam, Purple Pizzazz, North Sea, Lime Crush, Pineapple Bliss, Raven, Evening Surf, Bazzill White, Lisbon
1. 123SA - shapes
2. DisneyIsTerrific -- tags
3. Mischief _Managed - topper
4. MinnieGarden

Grp S1 MAKE 3
1. momx3boys -- shapes
2. 4ltlTinks -- tags
3.DisneyIsTerrific

Group T: Basic Grey Wisteria, Bazzill: Lily Pond, Vienna, Horizon, Velvet, Heidi, Cream Puff, Steel Blue, Tapioca, Purple Pizzazz, Spring Breeze
MAKE 3
1.123SA - tags
2. Mischief_Managed - Topper
3. morgansmom - matchbook

Group U: Basic Grey Porcelain, Bazzill: Raisin, Capers, Barkley, Ruby Red, Cheddar, Harvest, French Vanilla, Whipped Mousse, French silk, Lily Pond
1.123SA - shapes
2. 4ltlTinks --tags

Group V You pick Basic Grey
1. Mazda --sultry
2. AWM -two scoops
3. 123SA --archaic
4. morgansmom -- phresh and phunky

ANGELS
TinkerBean
ArizonaRita
ZerotoHero

+ Check in: May 20, verify groups and pm address
++ Check In Jun 20
+++ Check In Jul 20 - -last call for angels
August 7 -- mail date, please give detailed update
August 14 -- due date

mailed
received

If your name is in pink, I need your address. Thanks!

+123SA P, R, S, T, U, V
+4ltlTinks C1, D1, I1, K1, L, S1, U
+Arizona Rita A1, C1, G1
+AWM D1, I2, J, L1, M, N1, P1, P2, V
+chiefdragon A2, F1, J, O
+disney rider B1, F, G1, I2, P1
+DisneyBarlans C2, N1
+DisneyIsTerrific I, K, K1, N, S, S1
+MazdaUK A, B, C1, D, G, H, L, N, P, R, V
+Michi Belle D1, I2, L1, P1
+Mickeyteacher A, B, C, D, E, E2, F, G, H, I1, J, K, K1, N, O
+Minnie Garden E, I1, N, S
+Mischief Managed E, I, J, K, L, N1, O, S, T
+missesdisney A1, B1, C1, E1, G1, K, M, P, P2
+mom-to-2-princesses C2, I1, L1, M, O, P1
+momx3boys A, B, C, D, G, R, S1
+morgansmom2000 T,V
+rlovew A2, B2, C, E1, E2, F, F1, G2, I, I3
+Ronita B2, E2, I3, K1
+SusieStone A, A2, B, B2, C, D, E, F, F1, G, G2, H, I, L, M, N1, P2
+tiggermei A2, B2, E2, G2, I3, P2
+TinkerBean A1, B1, C2, D1, E1, F1, G1, H
+ToraUK P, R
+ZerotoHero A1, B1, C2, E1, G2, I2, I3, L1

Kids
+Amourecat 1, 3
+banana 2, 3
+coolcat 1, 3
+kicky 1
+Little Bit 2
+princessM 2
+Thing 2 2
+Thing 3 1
+WyFy 3

I didn't think I'd want to do the specialty groups, but I just went and looked at those lines and now I'm in!!!

I do want to clarify on the speciality groups. Okay, each person in the group makes 1 photomat and 1 journal box and then each person makes a different additional element. Is that correct or am I reading what you wrote wrong?

I didn't think I'd want to do the specialty groups, but I just went and looked at those lines and now I'm in!!!

I do want to clarify on the speciality groups. Okay, each person in the group makes 1 photomat and 1 journal box and then each person makes a different additional element. Is that correct or am I reading what you wrote wrong?

I like them all too. Lime Rickey is my favorite.

Well, that was my plan, but I am open to other suggestions. THat would give us 4 mats, 4 boxes and 4 other elements. Hmmmm...would you rather it just be 2 elements with no repeats? I'd have to add in 2 mats and 2 boxes as choices. What do you think?

n the first group where you have all of the colors listed are you going to seperate those by color or does each person in that group signs up for one color and we make 8 sets? Or are you dividing those into sets of 4 also?

This is going to be my Big swap of the summer, next to the Lyric one Im going to host. I dont know if I will do the "designer' paper group or not, but I will be in lots of other groups!
Thank you for having a kiddo group!

And Susan, you know I will have 101 questions, so let me apologize in advance!:goodvibes

n the first group where you have all of the colors listed are you going to seperate those by color or does each person in that group signs up for one color and we make 8 sets? Or are you dividing those into sets of 4 also?

This is going to be my Big swap of the summer, next to the Lyric one Im going to host. I dont know if I will do the "designer' paper group or not, but I will be in lots of other groups!
Thank you for having a kiddo group!

And Susan, you know I will have 101 questions, so let me apologize in advance!:goodvibes

Group A - Red will have 4 swappers each making 1 box, 1 mat, and 1 element

Group A Red
1. 123SA
2. Arizona Rita
3. AWM
4. susiestone

if it fills then the next group will be Group A1 Red and so on

B through H will be the same set up, different color - -I was just too lazy to type it all out.

No problem with the questions. I'm looking forward to the lyric swap. Last year we had a quote swap and that was a lot of fun. I expect this one will be too.

On the speciality groups, I like it just fine with how you have it set up. I just wanted to make sure I was understanding it. For some reason I couldn't grasp what you were saying and I kept rereading it trying to get it to sink in!

Lime Rickey is my favorite too. Porcelain is 2nd favorite. I went ahead and ordered some Lime Rickey things. Hopefully I'll get in that group, but even if I don't, I like the paper so much I'll use it for my own stuff!!!

I think the specaility group elements look good- I don't care for much basic grey but the element groups sound like what i would like if I was in them.

Rebecca

Looks like I'm going to have to order yet more Basic grey:rolleyes1

scrapbook.com had most of all of the lines. If you find another site, please let us know. This was how I settled on which lines - -I kept looking at different sites to see what I could get all at one place. I did try some of the lines that we suggested but I either couldn't find enough of the older basic grey lines, or it seemed like I could find one line but not another...it can very frustrating to search for paper on-line.

In the element choices, I added in 2 frames, but now I am going to take it out - -a mat and a box and 2 frames?? This doesn't sound like a good combination to me. I will leave as an option 1 frame and 1 tag, 1 frame and 1 tag, 1 frame and 2 shapes. Any thoughts on this?

I like them all too. Lime Rickey is my favorite.

Well, that was my plan, but I am open to other suggestions. THat would give us 4 mats, 4 boxes and 4 other elements. Hmmmm...would you rather it just be 2 elements with no repeats? I'd have to add in 2 mats and 2 boxes as choices. What do you think?

ANyone else have any thoughts on this?

scrapbook.com had most of all of the lines. If you find another site, please let us know. This was how I settled on which lines - -I kept looking at different sites to see what I could get all at one place. I did try some of the lines that we suggested but I either couldn't find enough of the older basic grey lines, or it seemed like I could find one line but not another...it can very frustrating to search for paper on-line.

www.scrappindeals.com has it

Thanks for link!

I was just looking through the lines again. I have the list of matching bazzill, but you do not have to use it. You can use all basic gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter