• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Columbia Harbor House...not too shabby!

I used to love the tuna sandwich. When I had it for the first time in about two years a few months ago, it wasn’t good. The nice, thick multigrain bread had been replaced by generic squishy thin bread that didn’t hold up and the tuna was so salty it was barely edible. Is this typical now or did I just experience an off day?

Yes! And I loooooooooved it. I'm thinking of trying the chicken pot pie??? Maybe

I don’t like seafood or fish either. As many have said, the chicken nuggets are good- whole pieces of chicken, not something questionable. The pot pie is also good. It comes with a big serving of broccoli. Great place to get a nice meal and recharge.

We have had many debates on this board about the CHH lobster roll. Legendary debates. Bottom line was this: Lobster roll is good, unless you are from New England, specifically Maine, then it's garbage. LOL!!

I have no input because I just can't seem to order anything other than the chicken nuggets at CHH. See my post above.

I had plans to eat at CHH last summer for a late dinner, but when we finally made it over, they had already closed. For my upcoming trip, I won't wait! I plan on ordering the lobster roll. Would anyone who has tried that recommend it?

I did not like the lobster roll (and I'm not from anywhere near New England)

Do they have an elevator to the second floor? Or do I need to stay on the first floor now? Although I can walk up the stairs, I need to hold the hand rail-can't do that and navigate a tray. It would be easier if I could take an elevator. Otherwise, although I love the second floor, I'll understand if I have to stay on the first floor dining there now.

Do they have an elevator to the second floor? Or do I need to stay on the first floor now? Although I can walk up the stairs, I need to hold the hand rail-can't do that and navigate a tray. It would be easier if I could take an elevator. Otherwise, although I love the second floor, I'll understand if I have to stay on the first floor dining there now.

I thought I read somewhere where there is not an elevator that is advertised for use, but there is some type of elevator. When we were there with my mom in a wheelchair, they took us over to a reserved handicapped eating area on the first floor.

Thanks! My son is allergic to freshwater fish only. He eats salmon and other saltwater fish. I was just curious what all is served at CHH. I may get him a corndog elsewhere to be safe and the rest of us eat here, lol.
There's a turkey leg cart not too far away. DD was craving one last trip and we all wanted CHH...so we just brought it in LOL

I thought I read somewhere where there is not an elevator that is advertised for use, but there is some type of elevator. When we were there with my mom in a wheelchair, they took us over to a reserved handicapped eating area on the first floor.
I'm sure a CM would be happy to help you get your tray to your table. Don't feel bad for asking!

Yes! And I loooooooooved it. I'm thinking of trying the chicken pot pie??? Maybe
My DH had the pot pie, since he doesn't eat seafood. The crust was a little prebaked shell and the filling was just poured into it; it wasn't that flaky, gooey pot pie consistency. It tasted ok, not great. I think he'd try the nuggets next time, but of course, everyone's tastes are different. My kids and I almost wept when we realized the lobster mac and cheese was gone :(

If their broccoli & peppercorn salad hasn't changed it's one of my favorites! Yet I can still never decide between that and one of their sandwiches. :)

I did not like the lobster roll (and I'm not from anywhere near New England)
Probably because it's equal parts mayonnaise and lobster. To much mayonnaise, I can't eat it anymore.

Last edited:
I live 2 1/2 hours away from DW, I go frequently and I have to say that my last 3 trips I've noticed a huge decline in both QS and TS dining. Disney is re-doing all of their menus and so far I can't say I've seen a positive in any of the changes.

Probably because it's equal parts mayonnaise and lobster. To much mayonnaise.
Hmmmmm.....maybe I should try it then :duck:Seriously, I like lobster by itself but not so much in or on things. Maybe the mayo will mask the flavor enough that I'll like it...lol

Hmmmmm.....maybe I should try it then :duck:Seriously, I like lobster by itself but not so much in or on things. Maybe the mayo will mask the flavor enough that I'll like it...lol

My problem with it was not the mayo part but the fact that lobster was really cold and mushy from sitting in the mix for too long (it is supposed to be served warm tossed in the dressing right before serving, but I get that obviously that doesn't work for a counter service location). It's like how a salad is crispy and delicious when it's been tossed fresh in dressing, but after it has been left in the fridge overnight, it's all wilted and gross.

My problem with it was not the mayo part but the fact that lobster was really cold and mushy from sitting in the mix for too long (it is supposed to be served warm tossed in the dressing right before serving, but I get that obviously that doesn't work for a counter service location). It's like how a salad is crispy and delicious when it's been tossed fresh in dressing, but after it has been left in the fridge overnight, it's all wilted and gross.
Aaaaaand I'm back to the chicken pot pie....LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter