Comments in Trades - Everyone Please Read....Thanks

I hate it when people put in their unwanted 2 cents. Bumpity bump please.

I so much appreciate these comments and I hope the mods don't mind me adding another thing.

I think it might be good to consider some general guidelines in regard to the "auction" threads where people are pretty much after only credits not items. Two major things come to mind. If you have a minimum you need to get for your item, say that the bidding starts at X amount.
Tell people when the auction will end, and then keep true to your word and trade the item to the highest bidder at that time.

Your preaching to the choir, we just have to target the individuals that need to cut this out. I personally have had trades blown by people stating either half truths, opinions, or out and out lies.

Maleficent2 said:
Several people have been posting to others trade threads that what ever they are trading is not worth what they are asking.

Trades are made between the two people trading. Your opinion of what something is worth may not be the same as someones elses opinion.

A trade is fair and reasonable if two people agree to that trade.

If someone asked for an opinion about a trade, please give it.

We are asking though if no request was made for an opinion that you keep that opinion to yourself.

The value of all VMK items can be determined by the players involve in the trade.

This does not extend to free items of course or items that still can be purchased.

If you see a thread say "Pirate at the Helm room" for trade only want inferno.

Please post letting anyone know where the free item may be obtained.
But keep it nice and constructive not attacking or accusing the person of scamming.

Some free items can not be obtained by all people and thus they may need to trade for said item. A little note/reminder of where and how item can be obtained is all that is needed.

If you see a post on someones trade thread saying that " XYZ is not worth ABC " then please report it with the report post button. Thank you

We the DIS Moderating Team would like to thank you in advance for your support.

Mal

wolfxofxnovember said:
Your preaching to the choir, we just have to target the individuals that need to cut this out. I personally have had trades blown by people stating either half truths, opinions, or out and out lies.

If you see a post you feel is not appropriate, please use the Report Post button. :thumbsup2

Lori

Thanks for the advice. You and Mal have always been there for me and other DIsers. Moderators of The Year!

definately needs another bump, can you guys put a copy of this as a sticky?

Bumpity bumpy! Bumpity bump! You put it in a great way, and I think everyone will be able to understand it!

Thanks for posting this!
Lion

I would like to add that I think it is extremely rude to attempt to hijack someone elses trade request, If I post saying I have a gold snowman for trade and someone makes an offer on my post that offer was made to me, it was not made for someone else to come to accept or say that they would like a bit more for the offer. I have offered my item for trade on my post, I am not attempting to run an auction where others can outbid me on what they will accept for their own item…if you have the same item for trade make your own post do not attempt to ruin my trade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter