Comparing the intensity of Everest / Space Mountain / Rockin Rollercoaster

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi here at WDW now and have a “next step up” question (in terms of roller coasters).

My kids did Everest coaster at AK today and loved it! How does Rockin Roller Coaster At HS and Space Mountain in MK compare to Everest in terms of intensity?

Out of the three how would your rank them intensity wise?

Thanks for any feedback / advice, Marina

Space Mountain is the most tame of the three, though the darkness and jerkiness makes it seem worse than it is. The other two are in a close tie and threads asking for comparisons of them are started frequently with no clear winner.

I like Everest the best. I think Space is pretty jarring because it is so dark and you cannot anticipate turns and lean into them unless you have ridden it so many times that you have it memorized. R&R is a close second for me, I love the start!

I just find Space uncomfortable and rough on my back. I enjoy both Everest and R&R, but if I added Incredicoaster to that mix it would win.

I love Everest and R&R! As far as intensity I would personally say R&R is more intense because there’s a lot of turns, swirls, and even a complete loop all in the dark while Aerosmith is blaring in your ears the whole time. If you feel your kids are new thrill seekers they may like it. You can look up R&R with lights on through YouTube so you can see all the turns and such but then imagine it with all lights off and some road signs in black light.

As for Space Mountain that’s pretty tame compared to the other two it’s just jerky as someone mentioned previously. No really big hills just again all darkness but nothing in speed or intensity compared to the other two!

I love Everest and R&R! As far as intensity I would personally say R&R is more intense because there’s a lot of turns, swirls, and even a complete loop all in the dark while Aerosmith is blaring in your ears the whole time. If you feel your kids are new thrill seekers they may like it. You can look up R&R with lights on through YouTube so you can see all the turns and such but then imagine it with all lights off and some road signs in black light.

As for Space Mountain that’s pretty tame compared to the other two it’s just jerky as someone mentioned previously. No really big hills just again all darkness but nothing in speed or intensity compared to the other two!
I agree with this. I'd say R&R is the most intense. With EE being second, and Space third.

I agree with this. Another thing that puts EE over Space for me is that you can see how high up you are.

Would rank them Everest first closely followed by RRC and space mountain a very distant 3rd.
Last time we were there we rode Space Mountain and soon remembered why we hadn’t done it for so long .. the ride is so rough and jerky , with both of us jarring either knees or backs..

Paraphrasing others, but I rode all 3 today! (Doing 4 parks in 1 day)

I’ve previously found Space Mountain too jerky for my 30 year old neck & back, but the lights were halfway on today and I loved it! It’s possible it was because it was the omega side, but I think it was being able to see where I was going.

Everest is FUN but has some more big drops & doesn’t go upside down (RNRC does a couple loops & has a big launch). Everest, however, goes backwards. I find the bottom of the backwards portion a little more intense and the final drop (the one with the “disco” Yeti) the “scariest” but nothing scary especially if you’ve prepared yourself with YouTube. A pair of 7 year olds ahead of me were having a BLAST.

Personally, RNRC-Everest-Space. Space is actually the slowest roller coaster at Disney, speed-wise; just appears fast bc it’s dark.

RnR is the most intense, mostly because of the breathtaking launch. Have you kids ever done a launch coaster? I think it`s 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.

RnR is probably most intense but in order of how sick they make me, it’s EE, which I plan to never ride again, then Space, then RnR only makes me a little nauseated.

Hi here at WDW now and have a “next step up” question (in terms of roller coasters).

My kids did Everest coaster at AK today and loved it! How does Rockin Roller Coaster At HS and Space Mountain in MK compare to Everest in terms of intensity?

Out of the three how would your rank them intensity wise?

Thanks for any feedback / advice, Marina

I would agree with a previous poster that Space is the most tame of the three. I think if they liked Everest, they could do both Space and RNR. RNR is fast, and the beginning is SO fast that it’s somewhat of a surprise, but it is just fun. I am not a big rollercoaster person (I won’t rose hardly anything at Sox Flags because they are crazy high and way too intense), but I love all three of these coasters.

They should be fine on both if they loved RRC. I’ve yet to ride RRC bc I’m scared of the loop 😂

I’d also suggest Big Thunder Mountain 😍

We would say RRC & Everest are very similar in intensity, but RRC is our favorite due to the super launch! We would rank Space and BTMRR tied for third most favorite.

It depends on how you define "intensity". For me, on a scale of 1 (kids coaster) to 10 (hypercoaster), I'd put RnRC and EE around a 7, SM at 4, and BTMRR at 3.

All 3 are totally different.
SM is the slowest and the jerkiest, but seems faster because of the darkness.
Everest is really well themed, has a fun drop that is curved, so no big straight drops and the fast backward section.
RnRC has an amazing launch and 3 inversions. Its fun, but not as smooth as it originally was,
Intensity RnRC - EE - SM - BTMRR

I personally find RnRC is less intense than Everest. Once you get past the launch on RnRC, the rest of it feels pretty tame, even the inversions.

Backwards in the dark on Everest really messes me up. It's disorienting, kind of like a weighless feeling when you start going down the helix. To me I start to feel like I'm moving upwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter