Comparison Disney Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean

yes, I'm afraid the Rhapsody won't have big production shows that I am aware of, is that correct? Kinda bummed about that but it was a close home port so that was the ship for me this time. I think I will like the feel of it being a small ship, and I don't need bells and whistles, but I do like entertainment

The Rhapsody does not have a ice rink and does not have any of the headliner shows like Cats, Mamma Mia, etc. However, it will have a production show of some description. The Rhapsody is part of the same class that I sailed on when I did this comparison and one thing they have that is unique to this class of ships is the aerial shows in the Centrum. We got three on the Splendour and they were extremely popular. We absolutely loved the Splendour and did not really feel we were missing anything. I am still upset that we will never get to sail on her again as she left the fleet in spring.

Corinna

so I am already booked on Rhapsody out of Tampa in Jan 2017 - my two "fears" (not sure that is the right word- comparing it to my amazing Disney cruise) is that the nighttime shows are not Broadway caliber and are just magician or jugglers or something boring. I know I don't have to go to the shows but I loved them on DCL. Also, are there lots of daily activities - there are only two sea days but on DCL, I liked to do things such as trivia, animation classes, etc , I never even went to the pool

You can check this site for recent Compasses http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

The Rhapsody does not have a ice rink and does not have any of the headliner shows like Cats, Mamma Mia, etc. However, it will have a production show of some description. The Rhapsody is part of the same class that I sailed on when I did this comparison and one thing they have that is unique to this class of ships is the aerial shows in the Centrum. We got three on the Splendour and they were extremely popular. We absolutely loved the Splendour and did not really feel we were missing anything. I am still upset that we will never get to sail on her again as she left the fleet in spring.

Corinna

Ah ok, good to know you were on the same class as rhapsody. Thank you for your review. I am looking forward to aerial shows!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter