COMPLETE: Holiday & Seasons Swap MAILED: slideshow post 2 & 3

I'm trying to figure out what I want to sign up for and I have a question. For 2 pg. layout Group III Seasons are you going to have the 4 slots divided up into the 4 seasons?

Also...love the sketches... but a few I adore use 5x5 photos which I don't really use. Are we allowed to make changes to the sketches and use 4x6 mats instead? For example sketch 7/11 the opposite side of the page would need the squares to be larger as well for balance.

I'm trying to figure out what I want to sign up for and I have a question. For 2 pg. layout Group III Seasons are you going to have the 4 slots divided up into the 4 seasons?

Also...love the sketches... but a few I adore use 5x5 photos which I don't really use. Are we allowed to make changes to the sketches and use 4x6 mats instead? For example sketch 7/11 the opposite side of the page would need the squares to be larger as well for balance.

Yes, grp III will be winter, spring, summer, fall --- I'll add that in.

Yes, you can alter the sketches:thumbsup2 If you do re-do the measurements for that page, please post them. 5x5 is an odd size. I seem to have an unconscious tendency to design and pick sketches with squares though. scrapbookpictures.com prints lots of different size square photos.

1. Is anyone interested in a group for Christmas song lyrics? I know this is not my idea...I just can't remember who and when it was suggested.

Anyway ... it would be a max of 8 to a group, 3 layers, embellished twice???, and hmmm...we need a minimum size...maybe 4x4???? No duplicate songs per groups, so you'd have to state your song at sign up. If I get 3 positive responses, I'll add this group.

2. BIRTHDAY LETTERS: do we want to set a color scheme for this? There is no obvious scheme and it could get ugly...pastels, metallics and primaries combined...:scared1::scared1::scared1: This would be groups P Q R. My tendancy is toward primary colors.

3. I posted the directions. I have not had anyone proofread for spelling and grammar, nor for a sanity check. Please let me know if I have any errors, or if things are not clear. Thanks!

I like the color scheme for the birthday letters!

not sure if I'd do lyrics or not?

Love the idea for song lyrics :) Erin suggested that, but, with everything she has going on in her family right now I don't know if she's gonna be up for this swap :confused3 I'll be talking with her tomorrow.

Hey guys!! :thumbsup2 Yep...it was me that suggested the lyrics! I would love to do that group...would you be just wanting the lyrics or making it a mini kit or adding any elements? I would use them on any Christmas page probably as an additional element just because they kinda "go". I was a little unsure about signing up for this after this week's events. But, I am feeling a bit better about things after a good rest and quality time with the kids last night. What I have decided is that I have a list and will sign up for it as long as I am caught up with my work at that point. So, I plan to be caught up and be able to sign up. Travel will hold me up a little, but I will be taking supplies back and forth.

1. Is anyone interested in a group for Christmas song lyrics? I know this is not my idea...I just can't remember who and when it was suggested.

Anyway ... it would be a max of 8 to a group, 3 layers, embellished twice???, and hmmm...we need a minimum size...maybe 4x4???? No duplicate songs per groups, so you'd have to state your song at sign up. If I get 3 positive responses, I'll add this group.

In the past, we had a Christmas song lyrics swap. The pages were 5" across by 8 1/2" down, with a title and embellished a couple ways probably. They are the same size as the recipe swap pages and fit in the same type of book. It was several years ago I'm sure. I did not sign up for the swap, but prettyintink did and her book is lovely. I wish I had done it. For many of the songs, the print is small in order to accommodate the verses and choruses. From seeing her book, if the lyric is actually meant to be read, as well as embellished, I think the 5"x8 1/2" size is good. Wording is still a bit cramped on some of the longer versed ones.

I guess you would need to decide if the song were the focal point or not to decide a size.

I hope I remember to sign up for this swap before it closes :thumbsup2 I totally lose track of what day it is anymore.

I would sign up for the larger size if it were offered.

VickiV

In the past, we had a Christmas song lyrics swap. The pages were 5" across by 8 1/2" down, with a title and embellished a couple ways probably. They are the same size as the recipe swap pages and fit in the same type of book. It was several years ago I'm sure. I did not sign up for the swap, but prettyintink did and her book is lovely. I wish I had done it. For many of the songs, the print is small in order to accommodate the verses and choruses. From seeing her book, if the lyric is actually meant to be read, as well as embellished, I think the 5"x8 1/2" size is good. Wording is still a bit cramped on some of the longer versed ones.

I guess you would need to decide if the song were the focal point or not to decide a size.

I hope I remember to sign up for this swap before it closes :thumbsup2 I totally lose track of what day it is anymore.

I would sign up for the larger size if it were offered.

VickiV

Thanks Vicki! I'll try to remember to send you a pm to remind you. I love your work.

Well gang...what do you think? Do you want a large piece that would be the focal point, or a smaller piece to use as a page embellishment?

I was thinking more along the lines of embellishment too. Maybe just one verse and chorus, if it has one. I might still do the larger size, but I would really have to think about it.

I would do a lyric group, if it was just a single element. I prefer those since it could be used on any page. i think minimum size 4x4 is good and could be bigger if needed. Just a verse and or the chorus is good with me :)

I added the song lyrics as group 13. Directions are in the opening post. Let me know if you think the directions are okay. I went with the smaller version, meant to be used as a page embellishment.

Quick question about song lyrics. Any holiday song or Christmas carols? I guess the question is generic holiday or Christmas?

Quick question about song lyrics. Any holiday song or Christmas carols? I guess the question is generic holiday or Christmas?

Sorry -- I've been cleaning all day so I can justify sitting at the computer and working on crafts tomorrow!

I think any Christmas song . Can you give me an example of each? I'm not sure which song fall into which category.

Just wanted to make sure we were doing only Christmas songs ;) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter