Completed A Photo Impact Design

chaoscent

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I did it. I completed a design completely on my own (except for the clipart from DWW's site). In the past I have used other people's background (which they sent me and gave me permission to modify) or used other people's designs and just changed the names (with their permission). But I have been playing in Photo Impact for a while now & I did the following.
Picked a background, changed it around, changed the colors.
Picked a font coloring & type that I hadn't used before
Picked a different frame & was able to color it using the eye dropper :cool1:

I then used a saying which I haven't seen before (hopefully I haven't seen it before :confused3 ) and bent the text.

below is the result. We are going to wear the shirts the day we are having lunch at the Crystal Palace. Sorry I haven't mastered how to make it smaller? Anyone is welcome to use it and modify it any way they want. If you want the ufo file, email me & I will send it to you. I realize this isn't up to the standards of most of the permanent designers on this board, but I am doing my best to try to emulate them. :woohoo:
Penny

PS - any tips for improvement are welcome & appreciated. :sunny:
MeetintheBunchforlunch.jpg

Absolutely great job Penny!! I love it - you did a wonderful job. It really is fun, isn't it???

Yes, :goodvibes
I am surprised at everything photo impact can do. I have some eeyore clipart that I am going to go play around with now.
Thanks, Penny

UP Disney said:
This is awesome! I love it. Purple is my favorite color!!

Mine also. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the reply. :cloud9:
Penny

TravelinGal said:
Great start!!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Thank you, now I have to start planning another trip so I can wear some more shirts. :rotfl2:

oh I loooovvvveee it.
Pooh is my favorite. Might just have to do lunch with him so I can borrow your design.

bear74 said:
oh I loooovvvveee it.
Pooh is my favorite. Might just have to do lunch with him so I can borrow your design.

Thank you and you are certainly welcome to the design. I would never have mastered Photo Impact if it wasn't for the support & advice I got from this board. :love: Let me know if you want it as a ufo file so you can modify if you want. Penny

Very cute! If you want to get rid of the "DWW" on the clipart, click on the clipart and then use the erase tool to get ride of the letters. Very good job, and we love Pooh in this house!

triplefigs said:
Very cute! If you want to get rid of the "DWW" on the clipart, click on the clipart and then use the erase tool to get ride of the letters. Very good job, and we love Pooh in this house!

Thanks, I was afraid to take out her initials as I wasn't sure if that was appropriate? :confused3
Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot coming from one of the "great ones" :yay:
Thanks, Penny

Great job. Doesn't it feel wonderful to be able to make your own designs. Just another reason to plan another trip.

Deb

my3princes said:
Great job. Doesn't it feel wonderful to be able to make your own designs. Just another reason to plan another trip.

Deb

Yes it does. Thank you. I think I will take a solo trip for a long weekend before July. :banana:
I will probably need it after this trip with 9 people :rotfl2:
thanks, Penny

PNO4TE said:
Great job, Penny!!

Thanks, I couldn't have done it without the tips I got from the people on this board. Thanks to all the queens, Kings, prinesses & princes for your guidance. Penny

Just took another look at your design, and I have to tell you that you've inspired me! I'm really thinking about giving Photoimpact a try myself. From one "newbie" to another, how long did it take you to learn to use Photoimpact? Could a non-computer wiz figure it out with a little patience? What version did you buy?

Sorry for so many questions... I would love to make designs like you and the other experts! It would be great to do my own designs and share them here, instead of mooching all the time. :rotfl:

Again, kudos on your new design. :thumbsup2 Hope you have fun on your trip!

kahluacream said:
Just took another look at your design, and I have to tell you that you've inspired me! I'm really thinking about giving Photoimpact a try myself. From one "newbie" to another, how long did it take you to learn to use Photoimpact? Could a non-computer wiz figure it out with a little patience? What version did you buy?

Sorry for so many questions... I would love to make designs like you and the other experts! It would be great to do my own designs and share them here, instead of mooching all the time. :rotfl:

Again, kudos on your new design. :thumbsup2 Hope you have fun on your trip!

I started last August, but didn't really start seriously until December. The best advice I can give is look at the tips in the sticky at the top of this thread, do the tutorial & post questions when you have them & then ask for advice. After i posted the picture Robin got back to me with some constructive criticism. She explained how I could fix it to make it look better. I have version 10 Pro (whatever that means). I would be glad to answer questions if I can.
btw - the easiest way to do it is to find a back ground (that's what I did) then add the words & frame. For some odd reason, when I save it with the frame, I sometimes can't modify the rest of it. So now I save it before I add the frame? :badpc: :badpc:
You have to use clip art that doesn't have any white behind it or you will need to "erase" the white. It takes a lot of time, but I also hate mooching off of others. :crazy:
Take care, Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter