concern about shuttle transfer from Airport to WDW

OJoyfulOne

I LOVE the Dwarfs and hope to see them again when
After talking with someone at Mears just to get a price to take a shuttle to universal studios, they had mentioned that their shuttle (or what ever they use) would only accomadate 1 ECV. Mears said that it gets tight with 2 ECVs but they can accomadate 2 wheelchairs.

This then brought up a concern about me and my sister's transfer from the airport to WDW. We are both in ECVs and are using Mears for our transfer from the airport to WDW. This is my first time without a vehicle so I don't have a clue as what to expect.

Does anyone know if the Mears shuttles they use at the airports are the same that they use all the time because my sister and I will both be in an ECV? Or Maybe someone has noticed more than 1 ECV on the shuttles?

The CM knew this when taking the reservations and she didn't seem concerned about both of us getting on the shuttle.

Thanks,
Joy

Mears uses full size Ford lift vans. They are right that it would be no problem with 2 wc but 2 ECV might be alittle tight. but the drivers have done alot and most likely well be able to fit both of you in without a problem exspecially if one or both of you can transfer to a regular seat.

I friend and myself took two ECVs from Ft. Wilderness to Universal using the accessible Mears van.

Both ECVs fit just fine. We did however both transfer to a seat.

It also depends on how much luggage you have.

However, since Mears charges per person and not per van, then if you need two vans then it won't cost any more.

Carol

thanks for the info all

My sister and I cannot transfer to a seat. We need to be in our ECVs. We will also be traveling with our aide.

Why would there be more room if transfering to a seat from an ECV? Wouldn't the ECVs stay near the seats anyway? I'm confused.

:(

So, should I asume that one of us would be going in another shuttle?

Joy

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming that it's not the room if you can't transfer, but the tie down system.

If you can transfer, then there are seatbelts. If you can't transfer, then they have to set up the tie down system in the van to secure your wheelchair/ECV and you. They may be equipped to do that for only one chair/ECV.

When we went with our two ECVs, we just got onto the side seats and fastened our seatbelts and the ECVs basically became cargo at that point. They only attached one hook to each ECV.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter