Confessions of a Disboard Dropout...New chapter 3/14

Hold on to your hats...well if anyone actually reads this anymore...but I have another update coming.

:faint:

After a late night at Magic Kingdom it seems everyone else would rather sleep.

Slackers! Up and at 'em! Places to see! Rides to ride! Food to gobble!

Of course, I broke my DW by doing that.... :rolleyes1

Sheena: Is anyone hanging out at the pool?

:laughing:

I tell Squid to wait for a cronut.

Squid: "But I don't want a cronut! I want a muffin!"
Laura: "You'll eat a cronut, mister! And you'll like it!!"

Just before cronnutty goodness is within our grasp, six people get in line before we can get there.

We need to tour together.
Ruby and I always bring a crowd into a place. We almost never follow a crowd.
It's like this magical gift we have.

Ha! Time to make the cronuts!

:laughing:

Have I mentioned that I like cronuts?

No. And it wasn't at all obvious from your vague comments, either.

How do you not know what’s at your resort? I spend so much time reading reviews, looking at photos, and descriptions of anywhere I will be staying. I like the anticipation. How does she not know there’s no real food court?

Bless her. It's because of people like her that allows people like us to get good FP+s and ADRs.

Before we went on vacation, Mr. Squid bought a fancy new pair of sneakers

:sad2: And didn't break them in?

Even if he doesn’t wear them anywhere but Disney, it’s better than having sore feet all week.

Oh boy. You're not kidding. Take care of those feet! You'll be using them... a lot!

Druid: One must be connected. Squid is trying on Crocs
Sheena: NOOOOOO

:lmao:

Me: Drew will show you his Crocs

With socks!?!?!?

I love teasing him about it because whoever heard of anyone that’s scared of that ride?

So far?

One.

I ride with Mickey and I point out the dead-eyed female mannequins.

Do the males not have dead eyes?
I'm aware that a lot of the female mannequins look disturbingly male, but...

I’m kind of curious to see if Disney Starbuck is more magical than the one at the mall.
One difference I noticed is that instead of just yelling out your name the barista will sweetly say with a smile, “Suzy, your double shot latte is ready.”

So I guess, then it is more magical.

The princess dinner in Norway is fun if overpriced.

I just mentioned this on another TR.
You're not paying for food. Here's the formula:
Food + Characters* + Location = $$$$
*With princesses commanding the highest fees.

When Perry was little, her favorite game was “Not Nice Princess,” which was basically making some of her princess figurines *****y.

:lmao:

The men declare Belle the hottest princess.

Well obviously. There's a no brainer if I ever saw one.

the kids ask if we can do that thing where they all stay in one of the rooms and the adults go out.

Hmmm… Let me think about that.

Um. YES! Belle Vue Lounge, here we come!

:laughing: I still remember doing stuff like that as a kid and thinking that I was the one lucking out.

I thought I was allowed to get a little sloppier with this to get it done. Montague said so!

Oh, you are. I just know it'll bug you.

I wouldn’t know. I’m a petite flower.

Yeah. As soon as I posted it I knew it was a dumb question.

With socks!?!?!?

Now we know why Sheena doesn't like....

Really, try out the canvas crocs. They are so comfortable, and they look nothing like crocs. I bought my first pair at the Disney outlet 2 years ago (with a discrete little Mickey emblem); I think I own four pair now.

Well obviously. There's a no brainer if I ever saw one.

That's a really nasty thing to say about Belle!

Keyboard for my iPad mini just arrived. Charging up now and hopefully that will make it easier to update.

Montague, breathless is right! Besides usual work, Monkston is getting ready for school play, we are dealing with our boisterous and not quick to housebreak puppy kevin, kitchen demolition is starting in a few weeks, have a lot of freelance work and now squid just threw his back today. I am going to try to finish this. Last chapters will read "we went to magic kingdom and it was fun and crowded and then we went back to the resort to relax,"

Ponzi, thanks for the breakdown! You make my day! I think the male mannequins are universally better than the females. I cringe every time we ride great movie ride.

Thanks for continuing to read. I think you guys and Marie are the only ones stopping by. Yes, if know I know have myself to blame. Obviously don't have the keyboard working so don't point out my typos Ponzi!

Keyboard for my iPad mini just arrived. Charging up now and hopefully that will make it easier to update.

Montague, breathless is right! Besides usual work, Monkston is getting ready for school play, we are dealing with our boisterous and not quick to housebreak puppy kevin, kitchen demolition is starting in a few weeks, have a lot of freelance work and now squid just threw his back today. I am going to try to finish this. Last chapters will read "we went to magic kingdom and it was fun and crowded and then we went back to the resort to relax,"

Ponzi, thanks for the breakdown! You make my day! I think the male mannequins are universally better than the females. I cringe every time we ride great movie ride.

Aw, you saying I make your day makes mine! :)
Geesh, you sound just a tad busy!
So Squid just threw his back out? Welcome to the club! I just did on Sunday... Tell him I feel his pain... literally! :sad2:

I don't cringe on that ride since my Dad's part of it.
Actually it was Ruby that pointed it out. There's a roman guard that looks a lot like him.
I tried to take a picture, but it didn't turn out.

Obviously don't have the keyboard working so don't point out my typos Ponzi!

Who, me??? Wouldn't dram of it.

What?

Now you are writing a trip report like I would write one. "I went to this park, <insert ride here>.":rotfl:

No, really, you are doing great. I appreciate that there is still a story to go with the super quick wrap-up of the trip report. :thumbsup2

No, really, you are doing great. I appreciate that there is still a story to go with the super quick wrap-up of the trip report.

Geez, I'm a dope! Me too!

I was expecting:
We went to Epcot but Sheena didn't and I like cronuts and we bought Crocs and went to Princess dinner in Norway.

I'm late but I'm here. In my defense, I had no idea you had another TR started.

If it couldn’t be perfect, I wasn’t interested. I just sort of gave up, dropped out.

I didn’t say goodbye to my Disboard buddies. I thought I’d be back sooner. I was going to write a report last year…took notes and everything… but life got busy and I ran out of steam. So I apologize to Ponzi, Nebo, Smidgy, Marita, Shannon, Marie, Monica, Nilla, Montague, Sandy, Jill, Thumper_Man, Maribeth, so many of you… I can’t list you all. I should have thanked you for all the great posts.

So go ahead. Yell at me. I can take it. Really I can!

I'm not yelling. It's good to see you back.
Now I have to go back and read.

Last edited:
Thanks, Marie!

Ponzi, we didn't actually buy Crocs. We were just teasing Sheena with the threat to buy them. I probably didn't make that clear.

Hi Sandy! Nice to see you. Don't worry. You didn't miss much. I've been slacking off all year on this but now that our next vacation is in sight I have renewed energy to try to finish this.

I don't know how I missed this but thankfully you are only on day 2!

Jill in CO

Jill, you can see how long it took to get there. I have to get in gear to finish before we leave for the next vacation. Good to have you stop by!

Um Squid? We can't get the handle thingy down on my bag

Grrrr in a minute;

He sighs out to the hall and tries the handle. Not budging for him either. This is like Excaliber in reverse!

He tries again. I'm panicking. What are we going to do?

I go get Monkston's stuff and see him outside on the porch attacking my bag like the Samsonite gorilla. I hope my belongings survive.

He huffs in and produces the bag

OR you could gently lay it on its front and give it a little shake. Then the handle will retract.

We talk a bit about Disney and how we had to make so many reservations, and wonder about how the bands will work. We discuss what restaurants we like and what our plans are. I think I may have gone too far when I say I hope there is a soft opening of the mine train. At least I didn't call it SDMT.

"You know a lot about Disney, don' you?"

Rats! My Disney nerdiness is showing. Turn it down a notch, Laura 74.

You always have to hide your inner Disney geek. People will give you looks...

With the motion blur, he looks like he's wearing a clown shoe.

unless of course, he wears a size 25 shoe... in which case my apologies to him....

That's just Clown-shoes crazy.

Don't be silly, Laura. THIS is what a Canadian airport looks like:

Is that a body under the plane? The pilot, maybe?

I have always wanted to stay there! And not for the pool. It's just such a gorgeous resort.

He looks at the remains of the Diet Coke in my mug and proceeds to fill it without dumping it out.
Um, thanks?

He does hate mug people! I don’t feel so bad about not leaving a tip now.

No tip for you!
I know you should always tip for this kind of service, but his blatant
meanness should not be rewarded.

I’m not sure if a Disney cronut (they call it a croissant donut) is anything like the original but it can’t be bad. We decide to split one without ice cream. We just want the classic unadorned cronut.

OMG. Warm, buttery, flaky layers with a crispy cinnamon sugar crust. This is my new favorite pastry. I heart you cronut! I really heart you.

Oh stop! Dang! I forgot to look for those last trip.

Not til just now.
Now I can't stop laughing every time I think of it.

"And remember everyone. Relations with your spouse or partner are fine.
But not with the guests!!! Unless, of course, you work at guest relations."

I wonder if I will be able to keep a straight face next time I pass it.

I am almost caught up!
Sandy

The princess dinner in Norway is fun if overpriced. It’s really only a good deal if you are the dining plan, which we are not.

The men declare Belle the hottest princess.

Love your pictures. We did Akershus for lunch in November and loved the food. Yes, Belle was the prettiest, but both granddaughters agreed that one of the others was kind of scary - maybe around the eyes.
We have done breakfast here on previous trips but I was really impressed with the food at lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter