CONFIRMED - Illuminations replacement

I'm ready for something new. Disney has been too slow to update its shows. When they do something new its great, like HEA and the Star Wars fireworks.

I wish they would update Fantasmic as well. I know some people dislike any changes at Disney because of the link to the past, but the parks are supposed to change, not be a time capsule.

I'm ready for something new. Disney has been too slow to update its shows. When they do something new its great, like HEA and the Star Wars fireworks.

I wish they would update Fantasmic as well. I know some people dislike any changes at Disney because of the link to the past, but the parks are supposed to change, not be a time capsule.
I totally agree....fantasmic has become a snooze fest for us...we haven't gone in years

I like Fantasmic...It's just waiting on those uncomfortable benches for so long for the show to start that makes me not want to see the show haha.
I get it....I guess it just depends on perspective...illuminations always had that WOW factor for us, and i guess we felt like fantasmic was fun twice, then it just became stale

Illuminations is listed on the schedule for my late July trip. Does that mean anything? Fingers crossed...

See, I don't agree. I am not a fan of HEA. At all. It is not something I will go of my way to view, unlike Wishes :sad: and Illuminations.

Well hmmmm. We had decided to skip Illuminations on our next trip to make that an early evening/pool night but now I'm wondering if we shouldn't try to catch it.

I get it....I guess it just depends on perspective...illuminations always had that WOW factor for us, and i guess we felt like fantasmic was fun twice, then it just became stale

I still love the music in Fantasmic! And get the “feels” when the boat comes out with all the characters on it. Still we only go like every other trip and we go once a year at most

I still love the music in Fantasmic! And get the “feels” when the boat comes out with all the characters on it. Still we only go like every other trip and we go once a year at most

I am dying for a throwback to the old Illuminations. The late 80s - late 90s Illuminations. Illuminations and Illuminations 25. That is the show I grew up with.

I’m Team Illuminations throwback!!!!

As long as it is after May of this year, fine. Illuminations is my favorite (and always has been) and I will be so bummed if I don't get to see it at least once more.

I couldn't agree more! We booked a trip for my 40th this May and Illuminations is our favorite nighttime show. My 40th birthday will be Epcot centered!

I must be in the minority, thinking it's been stale for years. I haven't even bothered to see it the last couple of times.
I'm with you here. I liked the version before this one better. While I enjoy this one, there is a really long dead spot for me with the globe just sitting there spinning and I can't really make out what is being shown on the screens. I always think they should have edited at least a few minutes of that out. I'm very ready for something new here. Bring back all of the laser lights!

A few minor tweaks would be ok with us. For us, Illuminations is a must do. It's not only beautiful but it carries so much sentimentality for our family. I hope it doesn't change too much because we never miss it.

I'm with you here. I liked the version before this one better. While I enjoy this one, there is a really long dead spot for me with the globe just sitting there spinning and I can't really make out what is being shown on the screens. I always think they should have edited at least a few minutes of that out. I'm very ready for something new here. Bring back all of the laser lights!

I thought the previous version was boring, but I was only 8 the last time I saw it so that might have something to do with it.

The globe part is rather slow, but it gives time for the smoke to clear.

On one hand, I flipping love Illuminations and it's the one nighttime show I see EVERY time I go to Disney, no matter what. On the other hand, HEA was so amazing that if they replace Illuminations, I'm sure it'll also be awesome.

On one hand, I flipping love Illuminations and it's the one nighttime show I see EVERY time I go to Disney, no matter what. On the other hand, HEA was so amazing that if they replace Illuminations, I'm sure it'll also be awesome.

I'm cool with them doing a HEA style show to replace Illuminations, but I will be a little sad if it's just a characterpalooza like HEA. Illuminations feels different than other shows because it's not about Disney characters, and that's one of the reasons I love it so much. I just hope they keep that same feeling with the new show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter