Confiscated alcohol at check-in?

Originally posted by JuJuJasmine
My new love is Captain Morgan and Diet Vanilla Coke with ice cubes made from lime Fruit20.

WOW - thanks for the tip. I agree with you - I am NOT liking the low-carb beer. I'm also a former microbrew drinker...and while I do enjoy wine, sometimes it is nice to have another "sipping" option - especially something THIS low carb...like zero! This sounds so good, I think I know what I'll be lugging on board with me...maybe a splash of Fruit2O will work in place of the ice! :)

Dave~

Your post hit the nail on the head! I'm not a beer drinker, but the Nescafe on the ship has got to go! It's not like us coffee drinkers can bring a bag of our favorite blend on board & ask them to brew some up! LOL! We were tempted last time bring a small coffee maker with us & some good coffee for the morning. The bulk in the luggage and how they feel about irons in the room stopped us...

At least everyone can bring their favorite branded beer, or wine onboard! I hope that doesn't stop. I have always brought 2 bottles of our favorite red wine with us for the cabin & never encountered a problem going through DCL security.

We are cruising in early November again. I'm really looking forward to the posts about the new coffee cafe from cruisers who sail right after the Dry Dock. I'm hoping I hear:

NO MORE NESCAFE!!:p

~Linda

We always bring liquor on board DCL and have never had a problem and our last cruise was June 2003. My husband and I carry our liquor and bloody mary mix right on board with us in our backpacks. The people scanning the bags will sometimes laugh with us about making a drink as soon as we get on board, but no one has ever even hinted that was was something that was allowed. We've also bought liquor on the islands and carried those right back on board and into our staterooms.

We too have taken our own sodas/beer/wine etc. and had no problems, until the 8/9/03 eastern. We had it all lashed to a wheeled luggage carrier, and were asked to cover the beverages with trash bags (which security people gave us) - at which point we were allowed to board. Bought a case of Guavaberry in St. Maarten as well as rum - no problem. As to customs limits, we were over, but were not asked to pay any duty - customs officer said, "You owe nothing - have a nice day".....I did!

Steve

How are things in Wilbraham, JuJu?

We bought two liters of rum in Nassau in July and carried them back on board, in the open, no problem.

We're planning on driving to Orlando this weekend. The weather forecast looks pretty good. Chance of thunderstorms is the standard forecast for Florida in the summer.

Hope you have a great trip!

coffee snobs should try a press pot and their own coffee. You can always get boiling water from someplace.

Here's an idea - why don't we start a Texas no limit hold-em gambling group on each cruise, just like on the Travel Channel? We could bring our own beers, cigars, etc. - not sure where we would meet - perhaps Indian-style in a circle on the top deck??

coffee snobs should try a press pot and their own coffee. You can always get boiling water from someplace.

Excellent suggestion! I can't believe I never thought of that. DH loves his press pot. We joked about getting a camping press pot for travel, and then discovered that they actually exist.

Originally posted by nickglover
Here's an idea - why don't we start a Texas no limit hold-em gambling group on each cruise, just like on the Travel Channel? We could bring our own beers, cigars, etc. - not sure where we would meet - perhaps Indian-style in a circle on the top deck??

There is always the secret overlook deck. :D

Quick post -- just back from 4 day Wonder. It left on 9/7/03. My husband carried on Corona and Vodka (unopened). We were only asked to cover them! No problems with bringing alcohol on board!

Jennifer

Crisi~ WOW! Thanks!

What a great suggestion! I never thought of that either! I could probably order tea from room service & they would bring the hot water for it- right, or go up to Deck 9 for hot water in the morning.

Now I can have a morning cup of hazelnut! This is great!

Do you think they'll confiscate coffee brought onboard, since Nescafe is the only "legal" brand? If they're busy looking for illegal coffee, bringing beer, wine & liquor on board will be a breeze! LOL!

:D

to figure out where i live! well - you're the first to say anything about it! :cool:

the weather is looking better! the luggage is in the correct weight-limit zone. DS's are dancing and singing around the house. DH is futzing around like mad...but he's been on vacation for three days already!

it's almost surreal that we leave tomorrow. this has been so long in the making. all the planning and the wealth of knowledge i've gained thru the DIS, it's all coming together.

Our flip calendar has a 1. When we started it had 136. WOW!
Ju

Bon Voyage JuJu! Have a great trip! Isabel will probably be in CT by the time you get to Castaway Cay! Hakuna Matata!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter