Confused about GF lagoon view rooms

momosunny

Earning My Ears
When I booked our Lagoon View rooms at GF, I asked for rooms in the main bldg., as we have an elderly fellow (wheelchair) with us and we want to be near the monorail and other services. The rep didn't say that LV rooms didn't exist in the main bldg, so now I am confused after reading some replies about this issue.

In our situation, do you think being in the main bldg is important? If not, what would be your recommendations for specific requests we could make? Additionally, does anyone have a good strategy for actually getting your requests fuflfilled?

This forum is absolutely incredible - I have never seen so much great info in one little space - thanks to all of you!

Bumping this up as I'm not completely sure. Have only stayed at GF once and had a marina/garden view. I believe that all the rooms in the main building are concierge. Do you know if you are paying more for concierge?

As small as the resort is and has pretty easily accessible paths. You may want to call CRO back and let them know you have someone in your party with health concerns and see if they can clarify the options that you have.

Melissa

I've only been to GF for a brief visit. I don't think I could see the lagoon from the main building. S

Yes, that is correct. There are no "lagoon view rooms" in the main building... only "concierge lagoon view rooms".

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there are handicapp wheelchair accessible rooms in every lodge building. You could ask over on the disabilities board for more info. :) I would recommend Conch Key or Boca Chica for lagoon view. :)

The rooms in the main building do not have a designated view. If you booked a "Lagoon View" room, it was definately in one of the outside "Lodge" buildings. There are 3 floors that house the main building rooms (and 9 Honeymoon rooms on the 2nd floor). Views can range from marina, lagoon, main pool or quiet pool (depending on location and floor). You may request a view but location isn't guaranteed.

I have some pictures of the GF that may be helpful in understanding the layout of the resort:

Misti's GF Pix

Happy Planning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter