Confused by MVMCP

jvz82

DIS Veteran
I just realized that one of the days we are planning to be in MK is a MVMCP day. I thought I had checked on that before but apparently not. I really don't know anything about the party, but now I'm reading and it looks like we are going to be forced to leave the park by 7 that night unless we buy a ticket?! Is that right? And do you have to buy a ticket in addition to your park ticket? I don't want to leave the park by 7 but we also can't afford to pay more for MVMCP tickets. I'm hoping that I just don't understand something correctly because I'm feeling really upset right now that we paid for our tickets and have to leave by 7!

I just realized that one of the days we are planning to be in MK is a MVMCP day. I thought I had checked on that before but apparently not. I really don't know anything about the party, but

1. now I'm reading and it looks like we are going to be forced to leave the park by 7 that night unless we buy a ticket?!
2. Is that right?
3. And do you have to buy a ticket in addition to your park ticket?
4. I don't want to leave the park by 7 but we also can't afford to pay more for MVMCP tickets. 5. I'm hoping that I just don't understand something correctly because I'm feeling really upset right now that we paid for our tickets and have to leave by 7!

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. & 5. That's the way it has worked for decades.
The parties at the MK are separate ticketed events.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. & 5. That's the way it has worked for decades.

Ugh this is so frustrating. I just can't believe all the hours I put into planning this trip that I'm just seeing this. It seems completely ridiculous that we're paying for a full price ticket but being forced to leave several hours early. We already have our ADRs and fast passes made, and we're only spending 3 days in the parks so it's not like we can rearrange anything at this point. I'm super bummed out.

Ugh this is so frustrating. I just can't believe all the hours I put into planning this trip that I'm just seeing this. It seems completely ridiculous that we're paying for a full price ticket but being forced to leave several hours early. We already have our ADRs and fast passes made, and we're only spending 3 days in the parks so it's not like we can rearrange anything at this point. I'm super bummed out.

I have to say that the dates of the parties (with the 7PM MK closing time) have been posted on all the advance calendars for about 6 months, now.

MVMCP is a hard ticket event so if you don't have tickets for the party you will have to leave by 7 PM. Castmembers will be checking for party wristbands so anyone without them will be directed towards the exit at 7:00.

On the upside, party days are usually less crowded in the MK during the morning and early afternoon since there are no fireworks in the evening so visitors who like the nighttime shows will go to a different park on party days.

I have to say that the dates of the parties (with the 7PM MK closing time) have been posted on all the advance calendars for about 6 months, now.

No, I get that they were posted before. I remember checking the dates and I thought I saw that we weren't going to be there on the days of the party but I must have gotten the dates wrong.

Also I have been to Disney a billion times at Christmas and never even heard of the MVMCP until recently. I didn't know it was even a separate thing so I just hadn't even realized it would be a problem if we were there on the same day as a party.

I like going to mk on party days without going to the party. I find the crowds to be a little more manageable. rope to 7pm is a pretty full day if you skip any mid day breaks you might take. I usually go quick for lunch but around 4-4:40pm when the party only ticket holders start to join you it can get a little packed. I usually call it a day about 5pmish as it can be really packed in comparison to the rest of the day by then. A quick resort break to freshen up and then hit poly or contemporary for a later dinner timed to be done near 10pm so I can watch the fireworks from those resorts. Also a good day to do springs really quick and just eat there but I like fireworks so I tend to aim for poly but contemporary will do if I can't get in there.

Also I have been to Disney a billion times at Christmas and never even heard of the MVMCP until recently. I didn't know it was even a separate thing so I just hadn't even realized it would be a problem if we were there on the same day as a party.

The first MVMCP was in 1983. That's 33 years ago. If it's upsetting, you can change your park days, buy tickets or as Accident suggested, watch the fireworks from one of the MK resorts. If you have park hoppers, you could just hop to another park for the evening. You made a planning mistake. It happens. But the info has been out there (party dates, park hours, etc.) for months.

The first MVMCP was in 1983. That's 33 years ago. If it's upsetting, you can change your park days, buy tickets or as Accident suggested, watch the fireworks from one of the MK resorts. If you have park hoppers, you could just hop to another park for the evening. You made a planning mistake. It happens. But the info has been out there (party dates, park hours, etc.) for months.

Yeah a billion times but never heard about MVMCP...? Choose a different park that day.

I'm sorry this happened! I, too, have overlooked things while planning and it's a bummer.

Is there any way you can swing the party? I LOVE parties at MK. In fact, on our trip last month, we didn't make any ADR's in order to afford 2 Halloween parties. Sometimes it's a trade-off!

I'm sorry that you missed it - that stinks! Like PP have said, usually MK on a party day is less crowded so you can get just as much/more done than a day with full hours and heavier crowds. We are doing one night with the party, but actually planned our other MK on a party day on purpose, just to deal with less crowds. I hope you still have a great time!

Edited for spelling :)

If your staying in site your hotel has a heated pool and they are a lot of fun. I try to go to the pool at lest 1 time a trip and I have a great time.

Or you can go to Disney springs
A resort close by.

You did say you have some ADR depending on what ones you could cancel them and by a ticket instead ( you might have to cancel 2) and have QS to eat instead.

Or you could by park hoppers and park hope

Just a few ideas

Also, if that ADR in a park is after a certain time (usually in the 6:15-6:20 range), they will not seat or serve you without a party ticket.

We went to MK on a party day last year and it was our best day there. Got there before the park opened, had breakfast, rode everything we wanted and were ready to leave by 6pm. As others have said you can watch Holiday Wishes from outside the park.

I'm quick to blame Disney for a lot, but not here. Party nights are always Sun, Tues, Thurs and Fri.

The up-shoot here is that the park will be MUCH less crowded so you can get a lot more done. You will miss Wishes and Once Upon a time though.

I overlooked a Christmas party when planning my trip, too, so I totally understand the frustration. I felt better by hopping to another park- if you have hoppers, that's what I recommend doing :)

Okay, it stinks. Now lets make it work. You have three choices if you do not want to purchase a party ticket:

1. Keep your day as planned. Get to the park for rope drop, use your FP, and have a ball. The days that parties are scheduled are generally less crowded in the morning until late afternoon. Double check your ADR to be sure that you can use it without a ticket. The TS restaurants in the park all have different times that they stop accepting an ADR without a party ticket, and if you chose one that coincides with a hard stop time, you will need to pay the no show fee.

2. Make your changes and go to a different park. I love the evening entertainment in the MK, but be advised, the park is very crowded on non party days and nights. Like you, many people want to get the biggest bang for their ticket, so they have already planned to go to the MK.

3. Keep your plans in place, leave the park at 7PM and have a meal at one of the monorail resorts. You can then watch the Christmas Wishes display from a public viewing area. This is probably the option that I would choose. If you have been to Disney many times and have never attended a party, it woudl make sense to me to hit the park early, work the attractions you want while the crowds are low, and then find a good spot to enjoy one of the prettiest fireworks shows Disney has. It si a holiday special show, and while you miss the castle projections, the music and fireworks are beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter