Connecting flight on Southwest Airlines?

disneyagain

DIS Veteran
We've flown SWA 2 times to Orlando from Albany, NY...both times they were non-stop flights in both directions. Here's my question We're flying out of Buffalo, NY in July, we have a connecting flight in Baltimore on the way down (1 hr layover). Do we have to line up for boarding passes again??? If so, does any one think it will be a problem getting 2 seats together (4 of us 2 adults and 2 children) we can split up 2 and 2, but I dop't want the kids sitting alone. On the way back it says one-stop (but it's the same flight # for the whol flight) I'm assuming that it's a stop but that we don't change planes, so our seats wouldn't change.

Thanks in advance for you help!

One of the joys of SW. Yes, you have to line up again and get new boarding passes. How old are you kids? Can you preboard?

I can't say if it will be a problem or not getting seats togehter it just depends on how long your layover is.

You are right on your return flight, you don't get off the plane at the stop.

Kids are 9 and 7 so....no pre-boarding. I know that SWA is pretty good with trying not to separate kids from parents. Hopefully the gates are close to each other and we'll get right off and get in line....I guess I'll make sure we get near the front of the plane from Buffalo to Baltimore so I'll be one of the 1st off....

No sense stressing over it...can't beat the price ($482 for 4 r/t) and the last 2x that we flew SWA the flights were good, timely and the attendants were all very nice.

Not to worry.......The gates are located in the same area at BWI and you can go to the desk at the appropriate gate, ask where the line will start for your flight (sometimes it is "at that post right over there") and just stand there and wait. Our kids are 9 and 6 and this is what we did last month. Well, they sat on the floor and we stood. We normally don't do this but that airport is very busy and there wasn't much else to do, no shops really close by.
Also SWA is very good about having older children sit with a parent. They will assist you even if you are the last people aboard. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter