Considering a Christmas trip to WDW: anyone else?

I literally just got an email that there's a case at DD's school - waiting to see if a close contact email comes in - we're supposed to leave home at 2:45. I just can't at this point 😫
No email. We’re getting outta dodge. Almost had a heart attack when another email popped up from her school- I forgot to call her in today. Then just leaving and my phone rings - boys’ school. Case in their class, Mon/Tues. “I don’t think they boys were there. You said they wouldn’t be back before break but just letting you know…”. Check. Your. Records 🤬🤬🤬 & leave me to have my mini-stroke in peace *faints*.

Seriously not for the faint of heart this travel during a pandemic stuff. 30 mins from the border now 🤞🏻

No email. We’re getting outta dodge. Almost had a heart attack when another email popped up from her school- I forgot to call her in today. Then just leaving and my phone rings - boys’ school. Case in their class, Mon/Tues. “I don’t think they boys were there. You said they wouldn’t be back before break but just letting you know…”. Check. Your. Records 🤬🤬🤬 & leave me to have my mini-stroke in peace *faints*.

Seriously not for the faint of heart this travel during a pandemic stuff. 30 mins from the border now 🤞🏻
Safe travels !

Enjoy your trip !!!!!

Have a great trip!

Thinking of you! You can hopefully breathe a sigh of relief soon. fingers crossed for us no surprises til we leave Sunday morning. When do you get back?
Safe travels!!!

I was watching the live feds covid update that just ended and one interesting thing the health minister said is that USA CURRENTLY has 10x fewer omricon cases per capita than Canada does - he pointed this out when a reporter asked why is the government not including the US in the arrival testing of all vaccinated passengers.
He also said that it really depends what you plan on doing in the US that makes it less or more risky than being home. Which is something that goes without saying…
He mentioned Netherlands as well having many more omricon cases per capita than Canada - so they acknowledge that currently, it’s safer to travel within Canada/USA than going overseas. I’m not saying that should or shouldn’t change anyone’s mind, the level 3 advisory is global anyway, but thought it was interesting he came out and said that.
Let’s hope in that case the US doesn’t shut us Canadians out :)
I don't believe that stat for a second,lol.Not that the minister is lying,just the stat he was given

Wrong info - sorry. Removing content.

Best of luck and health to everyone!

Last edited:
Made it safe and sound. Westjet was about 2.5hrs late leaving. Security and customs were packed but it moved pretty quick. We did nexus and my in laws did regular and were only about 25 minutes behind us. Never got asked for either QR code or the negative test results!

Made it at around 10pm - the whole northern 1/2 of Georgia was stop and go traffic & torrential rain (just wouldn’t stop). We ate in the car the whole way down - we weren’t comfortable with the lack of masks everywhere. Not so much that we’re afraid of contracting Covid as the PITA that will follow a positive test.

Kids are still sleeping and have requested pool/hot-tub this morning. Our party is tonight 🥳. Thanks to everyone who participates in this thread - I’ll come back with our testing experience.

ETA border crossing was a non-event. 3 mins in the Nexus line, asked if we were double vaxxed and the dates. Unfortunately our Nexus interviews for the kids’ renewal has been nixed with the ending of the 72 hr rule though

Made it at around 10pm - the whole northern 1/2 of Georgia was stop and go traffic & torrential rain (just wouldn’t stop). We ate in the car the whole way down - we weren’t comfortable with the lack of masks everywhere. Not so much that we’re afraid of contracting Covid as the PITA that will follow a positive test.

Kids are still sleeping and have requested pool/hot-tub this morning. Our party is tonight 🥳. Thanks to everyone who participates in this thread - I’ll come back with our testing experience.

ETA border crossing was a non-event. 3 mins in the Nexus line, asked if we were double vaxxed and the dates. Unfortunately our Nexus interviews for the kids’ renewal has been nixed with the ending of the 72 hr rule though

Glad you guys got there ok.

We are in the US now too! Phew :)
Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter