Contemporary Rooms

karyn

Mouseketeer
Misplaced my info concerning rooms to request. Shame on me. We are looking for quiet and we are a standard view . Can someone help? Leaving soon so i want to get the request in. Thanks for all your help.

Well, most likely you'll be in the South Garden Wing (due to Shades of Green occupying the North Garden Wing). All of the standard rooms face the parking lot - which really would be pretty quiet. You could request the North Garden Wing if you really wanted it (there are a few rooms that can be used by Contemporary guests), but you'd still have a parking lot view.

Enjoy your stay!

I am leaving in 6 days and am staying in the North Garden Wing. I was told by someone on these posts that the parking lot veiw was also a Magic Kingdom Veiw. I hope this is still true. Also heard some rumors of the rooms falling apart anyone know about this? Should I be worried? You would think you could request another room if the one your in has falling celing tiles. Thanks for your help.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents about this, since I just stayed in a South Garden Wing room last week. My view was a parking lot view, although it didn't seem like a stark parking lot look out your window like at a motel or something. Yes, there was a parking lot in the background, but there were trees and bushes and everything right behind the room, so that the parking lot seemed in the background. Also the monorail went by overhead, which was very magical. I was on the first floor, so I had a patio with 2 chairs and a table. The second and third floors have a sliding door but no balcony. It was very pleasant and pretty quiet to go out on the patio and sit and watch the monorail go by. As far as the rooms go, it looked pretty recently refurbished to me- everything looked fairly new and stylish. The bathroom had all marble floors and the walls of the tub were marble also. The carpet and drapes and bedspreads all looked fairly new- the only stain I could find was a small stain on the daybed. The room was definitely NOT threadbare, and there were NO falling ceiling tiles LOL. I have a feeling the garden rooms are more quiet than the tower rooms because of being away from all the noise and monorail going through the building and such- it's kind of a trade off though- the tower rooms are probably a little more convenient (although it didn't seem like a long hike to the restaurants and monorail for me, and the walkways from the garden buildings are covered), and the tower rooms I'm sure have a better view both from the balcony and from outside your door inside the building. To me, it doesn't seem worth paying probably more than 100 bucks more for the tower (the tower rooms are sometimes double the price of the garden rooms), but it depends on what's important to you I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter