Continental breakfast delivery

Erica1016

Mouseketeer
When filling out the card to put on your door for breakfast delivery, can you opt to have it left at the door or do you have to be up to retrieve it?

They can’t just leave food on the floor in the hallway, despite the fact that some people leave the empty trays out there.
Oh my goodness yes! I can't stand the dishes being left in the hallways! I don't understand how people don't understand that you leave it in your room and it will be taken care of!

We just got off the Fantasy and on pirate night my husband had on boots as part of his costume. Someone had left two wine glasses in the hall so walking he didn't see them, knocked them into each other so of course they shattered! I just don't get it!

They can’t just leave food on the floor in the hallway, despite the fact that some people leave the empty trays out there.
I agree with you, but I believe putting the empty trays in the hall is what Disney wants you to do.

Oh my goodness yes! I can't stand the dishes being left in the hallways! I don't understand how people don't understand that you leave it in your room and it will be taken care of!

We just got off the Fantasy and on pirate night my husband had on boots as part of his costume. Someone had left two wine glasses in the hall so walking he didn't see them, knocked them into each other so of course they shattered! I just don't get it!
It's the stateroom hosts that leave it in the hallway. They don't do the clean up, they call room service to come and collect them. When they are tidying your cabin they place any trays/dishes in the hall to be gathered later. Don't blame the people in the cabins. There is a 95% chance they didn't leave it there.

It's the stateroom hosts that leave it in the hallway. They don't do the clean up, they call room service to come and collect them. When they are tidying your cabin they place any trays/dishes in the hall to be gathered later. Don't blame the people in the cabins. There is a 95% chance they didn't leave it there.
If you read the card that comes on the tray it says "Please call to have it collected when finished" or some such wording and I think it even says to place it in the hall.

As others have said they need to give it to someone.
The service person will bring the try into your cabin and set it on the coffee table. Please have this area clear so they can set it down.

Don't worry about PJs - just be dressed in something...also, you can mark the card with some specifics if you wish...my tip, ask for chocolate croissants...a personal favorite

I agree with you, but I believe putting the empty trays in the hall is what Disney wants you to do.
they do not want you to leave the tray in the hall. They specifically leave a card on the tray telling you to call for tray removal.

That is what you do in hotel rooms, so I'm guessing if people don't know/don't read the instructions, they'll just assume it's the same on DCL. I agree it makes the hallways had to navigate, but I can also see a first-time cruiser not knowing any differently.

I can put my hand on a bible and tell you all that I have never put a tray in the hall but they have always found their way there. I spoke with one of the room hosts, it was a few years back though, and he told me that they put them there for pick up. He said it was not their job to take them down, it was their job to call and have them notified they were ready to be picked up and they were to place them in the hall. He also told me that room service could not enter your room if you were not there and they were the ones responsible to take them away.
YMMV and a card may read whatever BUT my trays have often ended up in the hall and I will repeat, I have never put them there.
So, if you have called for tray pick up, what has been your experience? How long have you had to wait for them to come and take your tray away? Just curious as to how different it has been for others.

My experience with calling was them telling me to put it outside the room and someone will come retrieve it. I set it on the floor and pushed it out of the room because that's a narrow hallway (to the door) to navigate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter