Copper Creek over Aulani? - West Coast based family

You are correct, but there is something about the sound from Soarin while walking into Grand Cal when I have a room there… it is almost a spiritual experience of zen… Yes, I have issues…
I’ll probably try to snag a random 1BR for myself on a Wednesday and not even bother stopping by home on the way back from work and just leave my wife with the kids at home 😂

Edit: I’m also surprised that 2BRs are available for grand cal in March right now, in the future may just try and play the game of trying to grab a random weekend at 7 months for a staycation and if I can’t get it.. then oh well I just drive 15 mins to the park LOL.

Last edited:
with the exception of the Disney Land resorts....I believe your home resort doesn't matter.

Who plans a vacation to Disney 11 months out?

We plan 2-5 months out and have never had a problem finding a resort. We have only stayed in our home resort (copper) 1 x in 6 years. and have only had to stay at Saratoga (the horror)<sarcasam> 1 x.

With this guidance, wouldn't it make the most financial sense to simply purchase the cheapest DVC resort on a price per point basis? For example, should someone simply pick up Vero Beach (since it seems to be by far the cheapest via resale) and then book other DVC resorts at the 7 month mark?

Serious question... I bought into AUL earlier this year at $85pp, and am starting to have the itch to expand my DVC points in the most cost effective way. Besides VDH or a couple of the other restricted properties, there aren't any non-home restrictions for the rest of the DVC resorts, right?

With this guidance, wouldn't it make the most financial sense to simply purchase the cheapest DVC resort on a price per point basis? For example, should someone simply pick up Vero Beach (since it seems to be by far the cheapest via resale) and then book other DVC resorts at the 7 month mark?

Serious question... I bought into AUL earlier this year at $85pp, and am starting to have the itch to expand my DVC points in the most cost effective way. Besides VDH or a couple of the other restricted properties, there aren't any non-home restrictions for the rest of the DVC resorts, right?
Do more research. Vero has the highest dues.!!

VB and HHI are not ideal investments if your goal is to use them as sleep around points. You're better off purchasing SSR because of the low dues.

Resale at any resort except for RIV and VDH can be used at any resort except for Riviera, VDH and any newer hotels.

I stand corrected on VB. How about BR that may be cheaper on a pp and has slightly lower dues compared to AUL?
I like BR for points, they are cheap enough & also a good last resort if you can't switch at 7 months. It is exactly why I bought Boulder Ridge.
The old saying is buy where you want to stay, so now that you have Aulani points, start thinking about where you actually want to stay. (besides Hawaii. ;) )

I like BR for points, they are cheap enough & also a good last resort if you can't switch at 7 months. It is exactly why I bought Boulder Ridge.
The old saying is buy where you want to stay, so now that you have Aulani points, start thinking about where you actually want to stay. (besides Hawaii. ;) )
I’m certainly staying in Aulani annually. I’m also interesting in trying all the reputable Florida resorts every few years. Being based on California, Florida is just harder to get to

I’m certainly staying in Aulani annually. I’m also interesting in trying all the reputable Florida resorts every few years. Being based on California, Florida is just harder to get to
Yep I hear ya, I'm in CA as well.
My plan is WDW/FL every 3 years or possibly alternate between WDW & Aulani/HI
DLR yearly as usual.

Hmmmmmmm. Boulder Ridge and Aulani. Who would have thought that would be a winning combo?…🙄

SoCal here too.

I’m loving my unsubsidized Aulani points right now….

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0698.jpeg
    IMG_0698.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0691.jpeg
    IMG_0691.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0696.jpeg
    IMG_0696.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 17
with the exception of the Disney Land resorts....I believe your home resort doesn't matter.

Who plans a vacation to Disney 11 months out?

We plan 2-5 months out and have never had a problem finding a resort. We have only stayed in our home resort (copper) 1 x in 6 years. and have only had to stay at Saratoga (the horror)<sarcasam> 1 x.
I’ve used VGC points to stay at SSR. Disgusting! Hahahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter