corn rows versus hair wraps

JoEllen

DIS Veteran
My teen daughter and her friend want to get the partial corn rows done instead of a hair wrap for our trip next month. We'll be over at OKW and all I've ever seen are the hair wrap stands.

Anyone know if corn rows are available in "the World"?

I believe you can have the cornrows done in the salons at the Grand Floridian and Yacht & Beach Club resorts. I would call for an appointment before you go though.

Hi
You can also have them done at the salon at coronado springs!:D

My girls had them done at the salon at the BC in Feb. Made an appt, and they took about 1/2 hr for DD 17, long hair to be partially braided. DD 13 wanted her entire head done, took a little over an hr. Looked great and they kept them in about 2 wks. Its a shame we had it done at the end of our vacation. It would have saved some "prep" time in the morning if we had done it at the beginning of our vacation!

Thank you! We'll call and make an appointment when we arrive. I didn't even know the resorts had salons besides the GF!.

I just called and made an appointment at Perriwinkles at the Beach Club. The price for partial corn rows is $45 and full is $100. Also, in case it matters to your kids, they don't add the beads to the hair like the cruise stylists do. :)

Thanks for the prices... maybe I'd better learn how to corn row. It would be $300 to get all three girls a full set... ouch. :eek:

Just a word of caution. Remember that you will have to put sunscreen in between the braids. Good braiding is tight--and leaves lots of scalp exposed. Although braiding makes a no-fuss-in-the-morning hairstyle, the suncreen can cause itchiness and greasiness and you might wind up unbraiding those expensive braids sooner than you want to. If your girls want to take the braids "home" you might want to think about making the appointments later in the vacation.

Originally posted by denecarter
Thanks for the prices... maybe I'd better learn how to corn row. It would be $300 to get all three girls a full set... ouch. :eek:

Maybe you can get it done before you leave home.

Do your girls have any friends that can braid?

Are there any shops near you that braid?

$100 for cornrows... I think I know what I'm going to do when I move to Orlando.;)

My 11 year old had this done last summer in Myrtle Beach. She has had corn rows before and had no problem but last year her hair broke off at the scalp at the front of the rows. We only left it in about 1 week and started noticing small hairs sticking out and took it down. She has several small bald spots right at the front of her head. I don't know if the braids were too tight or what. Just a note, we are white and I have heard this is more likely to happen to that type of hair.

I know my daugher will never do this again. It really looked funny growing out with these little sprouts sticking out right above her forehead.

Just wanted to share our experience.:eek:

Had this happen to my friend too. Maybe they braid it too tight? She only had it in for a few days! She lost a good deal of her hair and it took forever to grow back. Not worth the risk in my opinion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter