Coronado vs Swan?

Monk6552

Earning My Ears
Looking at dates this fall for a weekend at WDW and we are between Swan and Coronado - and I'm curious if folks have experience with both and have opinions. It will be my friend, her daughter and I sharing a room. We are not driving, so parking doesn't matter - but transportation does. We also will be doing MNSSHP on one night.

I've priced it out and the prices are pretty close - with Swan coming in a little cheaper (assuming standard 2 queen room for both).

Thank you in advance!

We loved the Swan last May Great Location, super staff, and daily housekeeping. Enjoyed the pools but the concrete gets very hot. Disney deluxe evening hours-I can't think of what it is called.

For the MK, buses from the Swan will go to the TTC and you will need to take either the monorail or ferry over to the park entrance. From Coronado Springs, the bus will go directly to the entrance of the MK (so no monorail or ferry is needed).

First when you priced it out did you take into account the silly resort fees Swan/Dolphin have? It's close to $40 a night. Sometimes that makes a difference. Are you pricing a room in the tower at CSR or a standard non-tower room?

I've stayed at booth Swan and CSR but not in the tower. Frankly, every time I've priced out the tower I can stay at Dolphin for the same price and being able to be in walking distance to two parks makes the Swan/Dolphin win every time.

Disadvantages to Swan
*The bus will drop you off at TTC not where the Disney buses drop you. It is right in front of the TTC so no long walk to either the monorail or the Ferry but it isn't as convenient as the Disney buses. They drop you off in the ride share area at AK, which I actually think is closer than the where the Disney buses drop off at. *Swan uses Mears buses so if you have a stroller it will have to go in the bottom, not be taken on the bus and they only have a few buses that will fit EVCs.
*You will have to carry around a room key since they are not Disney owned and your MB won't work for the room.
*You can not charge back to Swan from the parks.
*They are a convention hotel so are not as heavily themed as some of the Disney hotels and can be crowded at times.

Advantages of Swan
*They share all their amenities with Dolphin so have a huge pool area and lots of food options.
*You can walk or boat to HS and Epcot
*They are sort of a Disney Deluxe feel without the Deluxe price
*You get both early entry and late nights at parks

Disadvantages of CSR
*You are going to have to bus to all the parks
*It is a large resort so if you aren't staying in the tower some feel the walk to the tower can be long
*It is a convention resort so does not have a lot of Disney theming
* QS location is not the best
*Rooms are a tad smaller than Swan

Advantages of CSR
*Lots of food options
*It really is a very pretty resort
*Has a good pool and the largest hot tub of any of the Disney pools
*Can be less than Swan if you aren't in the tower

You really can't go wrong with either but all things being equal, I'd go Swan.

First when you priced it out did you take into account the silly resort fees Swan/Dolphin have? It's close to $40 a night. Sometimes that makes a difference. Are you pricing a room in the tower at CSR or a standard non-tower room?

I've stayed at booth Swan and CSR but not in the tower. Frankly, every time I've priced out the tower I can stay at Dolphin for the same price and being able to be in walking distance to two parks makes the Swan/Dolphin win every time.

Disadvantages to Swan
*The bus will drop you off at TTC not where the Disney buses drop you. It is right in front of the TTC so no long walk to either the monorail or the Ferry but it isn't as convenient as the Disney buses. They drop you off in the ride share area at AK, which I actually think is closer than the where the Disney buses drop off at. *Swan uses Mears buses so if you have a stroller it will have to go in the bottom, not be taken on the bus and they only have a few buses that will fit EVCs.
*You will have to carry around a room key since they are not Disney owned and your MB won't work for the room.
*You can not charge back to Swan from the parks.
*They are a convention hotel so are not as heavily themed as some of the Disney hotels and can be crowded at times.

Advantages of Swan
*They share all their amenities with Dolphin so have a huge pool area and lots of food options.
*You can walk or boat to HS and Epcot
*They are sort of a Disney Deluxe feel without the Deluxe price
*You get both early entry and late nights at parks

Disadvantages of CSR
*You are going to have to bus to all the parks
*It is a large resort so if you aren't staying in the tower some feel the walk to the tower can be long
*It is a convention resort so does not have a lot of Disney theming
* QS location is not the best
*Rooms are a tad smaller than Swan

Advantages of CSR
*Lots of food options
*It really is a very pretty resort
*Has a good pool and the largest hot tub of any of the Disney pools
*Can be less than Swan if you aren't in the tower

You really can't go wrong with either but all things being equal, I'd go Swan.
Thank you - this is a really helpful breakdown!

The pricing included the fees at Swan in a regular no view queen room vs a standard no view queen room at CSR, not the tower. Swan (shockingly) appears to come in cheaper because I have an annual pass discount there (but not for CSR at that time of year).

Based on cost, I would definitely go with Swan. Your so close to Epcot and HS and it is a very nice resort.

Just my two cents, but look the difference for club level at Coronado. We originally had a swan ressy at the end of august/early september and ended up switching to coronado club (with the AP discount) since it was like a $100 more. Free food and drinks all day is a win in my books always. Also depending on your dates, extended evening hours are only Mondays (Epcot) and Wednesdays (MK) I believe, so if you are staying outside of those days the swan it doesn't really give you those perks.

Also food for thought if you stay at the swan, you could just walk over the YC bus stop to get to MK directly, no one will stop you!

If it helps, I was deciding between the Dolphin and a Disney moderate (including both CSR standard room and tower room) for 2 nights of an upcoming trip. The Dolphin, including resort fees, was cheaper than any of the Disney moderates for those 2 nights.

I booked the Dolphin. Mainly for ease of getting to/from Epcot and DHS, and also because I'm really not a fan of the bus system at the moderates... So with Dolphin being even cheaper than the moderates it wasn't a hard decision to make.

(Also, Dolphin and not Swan simply because the Dolphin was cheaper for my dates, if the Swan had been cheaper I'd have booked the Swan!)

Personally, I'd do Coronado because I like the theme BUT the pool are a pain the booty. If you don't mind the bus situation, I'd do CSR. The pool is amazing!!!

Swan all the way. I hate the buses at Coronado (multiple stops - can take forever to get anywhere). I just walk over to Boardwalk to use their buses to MK when I stay at Swan/Dolphin.

For the MK, buses from the Swan will go to the TTC and you will need to take either the monorail or ferry over to the park entrance. From Coronado Springs, the bus will go directly to the entrance of the MK (so no monorail or ferry is needed).
Yes but she can walk from the Swan to Boardwalk, Beach or Yacht Club resorts and take the bus to the entrance.

Looking at dates this fall for a weekend at WDW and we are between Swan and Coronado - and I'm curious if folks have experience with both and have opinions. It will be my friend, her daughter and I sharing a room. We are not driving, so parking doesn't matter - but transportation does. We also will be doing MNSSHP on one night.

I've priced it out and the prices are pretty close - with Swan coming in a little cheaper (assuming standard 2 queen room for both).

Thank you in advance!
Love both but I found it a lot easier to get around from Swan. Bus to MK but Walmart to Epcot, Boardwalk and mini golf, boat to Studios. The Swan also has discounts for multiple professions. i got a nurse rate and they also had teacher, first responders etc

ff at. *Swan uses Mears buses so if you have a stroller it will have to go in the bottom, not be taken on the bus and they only have a few buses that will fit EVCs
Not an issue if the scooter guest is able to walk a few steps and sit in a bus seat. The scooter goes under the bus. Only.a few is misleading. The buses with the resort wrap has a ramp. Some of the ramps use the front door. A pain, particularly if you use a rear basket. Busy times Mears uses the motor coachs with stowage underneath, DCL buses for example

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter