Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

I see that the Fantasy is set to cruise on Oct. 10. I am still booked aboard the Fantasy for the Turner Classic Movie Cruise Oct. 4-10. I asked TCM to let me out of my booking, but they said if I do, I will lose more than 50% of my PIF account.

I am so disappointed In TCM and Disney. Even if the cruise happens, it will not be the cruise I was hoping for when I signed up last November. I’m sure many of the guest speakers on the TCM Cruise have already backed out.

I wonder if Disney intends to use this “non-Disney” cruise as a test to see how their new procedures will work for regular cruises.

Carnival announced today that they are cancelling all cruises through Sept. 30. NCL made a similar announcement last week. I think DCl will be one of the last cruise lines to resume.

Last edited:
I see that the Fantasy is set to cruise on Oct. 10. I am still booked aboard the Fantasy for the Turner Classic Movie Cruise Oct. 4-10. I asked TCM to let me out of my booking, but they said if I do, I will lose more than 50% of my PIF account.

I am so disappointed In TCM and Disney. Even if the cruise happens, it will not be the cruise I was hoping for when I signed up last November. I’m sure many of the guest speakers on the TCM Cruise have already backed out.

I wonder if Disney intends to use this “non-Disney” cruise as a test to see how their new procedures will work for regular cruises.

If your cruise is no longer bookable, it's likely (though not a definitive sign) that Disney is probably going to cancel it. It could be that they are just already at/over their reduced capacity and that's why they've pulled it from their available sailings, but I'm guessing they just don't want to process more refunds than they have to.

Carnival announced today that they are cancelling all cruises through Sept. 30.

That's weird because you can still book cruises on their website for dates earlier than that. I guess they don't go in and wipe them out like DCL does.

That's weird because you can still book cruises on their website for dates earlier than that. I guess they don't go in and wipe them out like DCL does.
I just checked. Carnival cruises are removed. through Sept ( except for one leaving Australia I checked one way and it just says oh snap..error, Another way blocks out all of 2020 cruises

Last edited:
Our cruise is on the Dream September 25-28th and I noticed our cruise disappeared too. However I called yesterday and I was allowed to add my sister to my room and the CM reminded me about the PIF date. Just a theory but I think they don't want any more rooms booked on the September dates and are already at capacity. Would be strange to cancel all cruises to September 15th to only cancel to September 30th a few days later. Why not just cancel all of September instead?

Our cruise is on the Dream September 25-28th and I noticed our cruise disappeared too. However I called yesterday and I was allowed to add my sister to my room and the CM reminded me about the PIF date. Just a theory but I think they don't want any more rooms booked on the September dates and are already at capacity. Would be strange to cancel all cruises to September 15th to only cancel to September 30th a few days later. Why not just cancel all of September instead?

The latest cancellation added 24 sailings. They know they are cancelling everything they removed from being able to book, but they want to delay having to rebook / process refunds for those.

we’re on the September 29th fantasy sailing and I’m holding out hope! I ask on the chat last night and was told that it is still set to sail,but leadership said not to accept anymore new bookings for those in September after the cut off date. She said it could open back up but 🤷‍♀️

Why are you disappointed in Disney? My understanding is that they charter the ship to TCM, and cancellation policies or guest speaker changes would have nothing to do with DCL.

we’re on the September 29th fantasy sailing and I’m holding out hope! I ask on the chat last night and was told that it is still set to sail,but leadership said not to accept anymore new bookings for those in September after the cut off date. She said it could open back up but 🤷‍♀️
I also got the same answer in a chat myself so fingers crossed?

If a few here and there open back up, then I will feel better about being a capacity thing and not a cancellation thing. Really, really hopeful that it's just a capacity thing. Castaway Cay with half the usual numbers sounds awesome.

I see our cruise is now missing from the booking site. About an hour ago it was showing as the first September cruise with all the others having been removed from the site. Guess it could be curtains for us

Yep. I believe so. Someone else mentioned the Dream going into drydock in October. It would make sense to me to just go ahead and throw it in there now. In my opinion, rushing to get it operational to be able to sail for only 1 month before taking it in seems almost counter-productive.

With respect to the early drydock idea, Disney might not have that option. I don't know much about how Disney services their ships so I apologize if I am off base. I did work at a very large shipyard that serviced mega-yachts and commercial ships. These docks are meticulously scheduled. When one ship leaves, another is put in its place almost immediately. On the ship that I was on, it was $10k a day and it was only 187ft and didn't require one of the larger slips. Prices go up exponentially for use of the larger drydocks. Assuming they could get in early, they might not want to dedicate the money to stay an additional 30 days.

Yep. I believe so. Someone else mentioned the Dream going into drydock in October. It would make sense to me to just go ahead and throw it in there now. In my opinion, rushing to get it operational to be able to sail for only 1 month before taking it in seems almost counter-productive.

Yes, if possible, why not just dry dock it now while there are no cruises going out? I know it would be a scheduling thing but it would be worth looking into. Also, dredge the family cabana beach at Castaway Cay while you're at it and there are no cruises going there. You pay all that money for a cabana and you can't even swim because the water is only knee deep.

Yes, if possible, why not just dry dock it now while there are no cruises going out? I know it would be a scheduling thing but it would be worth looking into. Also, dredge the family cabana beach at Castaway Cay while you're at it and there are no cruises going there. You pay all that money for a cabana and you can't even swim because the water is only knee deep.

Are we sure its not intentional..? I imagine having shallower water if you have younger kids is great.

Are we sure its not intentional..? I imagine having shallower water if you have younger kids is great.

I think it's perfect the way it is. During high tide, the water is deep enough to swim and during low tide, it's low enough to easily walk to the ropes

The adult beach was very shallow, too ( ankle deep very far out). It can change with the tides. I thought the family beach was pretty deep the last time we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter