Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Was looking at booking the western Caribbean cruise on 6th December this year

what do you think the chances are of this actually happening
1% chance

The CDC hasn't indicated when it will approve cruising from American ports, and the voluntary CLIA ban on cruising until October 31st is subject to possible extension. DCL hasn't announced a resumption of cruising date, and has released no plans for how they will resume cruising. On top of all that, there is no momentum to resume cruise travel here; American Covid numbers are still problematic. And then there's the issue of other countries accepting American cruise passengers, which is also not resolved. And remember that Disney wants to be seen as safe, so when mass market cruise companies do resume cruising from American ports, Disney probably won't be among the first.

Nope. My crystal ball doesn't show any DCL cruises happening until sometime in 2021.

Last edited:
So I’ve had a November 2020 cruise booked for sometime now and it’s no longer listed on the DCL website. Would you wait until DCL cancels the cruise and get the 125% or move it now to a cruise for later next year? Im just hoping the cruise I want doesn’t sell out before DCL decides to cancel our November cruise.

So I’ve had a November 2020 cruise booked for sometime now and it’s no longer listed on the DCL website. Would you wait until DCL cancels the cruise and get the 125% or move it now to a cruise for later next year? Im just hoping the cruise I want doesn’t sell out before DCL decides to cancel our November cruise.
You can put a deposit down now on that 2021 cruise to secure it, then add the FCC to it once DCL cancels your November cruise. I did that after our early November cruise was cancelled this week- transferred our FCC to a 2021 cruise we already had booked.

Sadly it did, my wife had a miscarriage so back to trying again but was going to think of doing a cruise At some point to cheer us up

What a rubbish year this has been

Not to fussed if it doesn’t sail as would be quite happy with the 25% extra credit
So sorry for your loss.

Sadly it did, my wife had a miscarriage so back to trying again but was going to think of doing a cruise At some point to cheer us up

Not to fussed if it doesn’t sail as would be quite happy with the 25% extra credit
I'm sorry for your loss.

I doubt and DCL will be sailing this year. :( A couple of things to think about. Would your wife be OK with the cruise getting cancelled? Is she the primary planner and would planning be a good distraction now or just feel devestating when the cruise doesnt happen? There is no guarantee that DCL will continue the extra 25%, so how would you both feel if it were canceled and no extra on top (I dont think DCL is likely to pull the discount since they set pricing and can just factor this into upcoming cruises but worth stating that it isnt 100% you will get that extra).

I'm sorry for your loss.

I doubt and DCL will be sailing this year. :( A couple of things to think about. Would your wife be OK with the cruise getting cancelled? Is she the primary planner and would planning be a good distraction now or just feel devestating when the cruise doesnt happen? There is no guarantee that DCL will continue the extra 25%, so how would you both feel if it were canceled and no extra on top (I dont think DCL is likely to pull the discount since they set pricing and can just factor this into upcoming cruises but worth stating that it isnt 100% you will get that extra).

To be honest I was thinking more of booking for December in the hope it does get cancelled and get the extra credit. And I seen if it did go ahead u can cancel upto 15 days before so seems a good gamble 😂

Now that they are extending when u can use the FCC to May 2022 I think it would work for us at some point next year and if a baby did come along then the start of the following

Now that they are extending when u can use the FCC to May 2022 I think it would work for us at some point next year and if a baby did come along then the start of the following

Edited to correct errors Keep in mind no kids under 1 year on some DCL sailings and they stop allowing pregnant woman at some point (cant remember which month) so that will add extra constraints on when you can use your credit.

Last edited:
Keep in mind no kids under 1 year on DCL and they stop allowing pregnant woman at some point (cant remmeber which month) so that will add extra constraints on when you can use your credit.

Is it not 6 months and up the baby can go. Unless there is more than three sea days in a row I thought

Is it not 6 months and up the baby can go. Unless there is more than three sea days in a row I thought

I'm sure someone will be along to correct me very soon. Quick googling confirms 6 months and I'm not sure why I was thinking a year. We sailed last year with a just turned one year old in the party and I was under the impression that we had just made the minimum but now I couldnt tell you how I got that impression.

I'm sure someone will be along to correct me very soon. Quick googling confirms 6 months and I'm not sure why I was thinking a year. We sailed last year with a just turned one year old in the party and I was under the impression that we had just made the minimum but now I couldnt tell you how I got that impression.
I believe it is 1 year old for the Transatlantics. And possibly Panama Canal, not sure on that one. But on all the usual sailings it is 6 months old. And for pregnancy you must be under 24 weeks to sail.

U got any cruises booked u hoping to do

U got any cruises booked u hoping to do
I was supposed to do a land vacation in Italy and a Med cruise this past May as a memorial trip for my grandfather that passed away last summer. I opted for a refund (not DCL) and had to fight about 4 months before I got it. We had considered cruising over Christmas again this year if my husband had the vacation left after everything else this year because we really enjoyed it last year.

Stay safe and lots of (social distanced) hugs to you and your wife.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Hope both of you feel better soon.

I'm sorry for your loss.

This is a really good point to consider. I had a miscarriage in Januari, we booked a Disney event to cheer me up, in the week before the event (in March), my husband didn't feel good about going because of Covid. I was devastated to loose the trip we planned for this particular reason, it all came back. In the end, Disney cancelled the event 2 days before it was supposed to happen and closed the park on what would have been our second day there, so my husband made a good call, but loosing that trip was hard. So make sure your wife feels the same way about any potential bookings you make as you do!

MSC are starting sailing, 2 ships one to Italy and one to Greece. Only open to those from schengen countries.
They can get off in certain ports but only with approved tours, no getting off and wandering.

I don't know if theres more info out there, I just got this from an all crew FB page :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter