Corral changes at the Expo - Any success stories?

Most people who end up in a corral that is not correct ended up there because they did not submit proof of time or did not have a race by proof of time cut off. So that would be the runners fault not Disney's. The few times there has been proof of a tech issue or tampering (screen shots of confirmation page from original submission) runDisney handles it.

The end result is that many runners are starting in corrals they shouldn't be in. I wasn't arguing whose fault it is. I was arguing that RunDisney could easily correct the safety issue here and choose not to, when they used to do it. The post I replied to said they stopped doing so because of the faked results. My point was that verifying results nowadays is the work of a few seconds and is therefore a poor excuse to not make the race safer and more enjoyable for all.

The end result is that many runners are starting in corrals they shouldn't be in. I wasn't arguing whose fault it is. I was arguing that RunDisney could easily correct the safety issue here and choose not to, when they used to do it. The post I replied to said they stopped doing so because of the faked results. My point was that verifying results nowadays is the work of a few seconds and is therefore a poor excuse to not make the race safer and more enjoyable for all.

The faking wasn't the only reason I gave. I also said it was getting out of hand. Say 100 people run a race that puts then in a 7-8 minute corral instead of 11-12 or whatever. That is now 100 people who are bumped up to another corral. Yes for corrals of thousands it can seem small but it can become an issue. What if all 1000 people in the last corral run a race for proof and 500 of them move corrals. You now have a smaller corral in the back but 500 people squeezed in other corrals. Corrals are broken down the way they are for pacing on the course and the number of people in the corrals are used for the time between starts. So between elite and A it is 2 minutes then it grows to 5 minutes between corrals due to the number of people that need to get across the line. There are more logistics than I could even begin to understand that goes along with corral placement including course support etc. Moving people around last minute effects all of that.

Side thought: Do any other major races allow corral changes at their Expo? I'm talking NYC, Boston, etc.

The faking wasn't the only reason I gave. I also said it was getting out of hand. Say 100 people run a race that puts then in a 7-8 minute corral instead of 11-12 or whatever. That is now 100 people who are bumped up to another corral. Yes for corrals of thousands it can seem small but it can become an issue. What if all 1000 people in the last corral run a race for proof and 500 of them move corrals. You now have a smaller corral in the back but 500 people squeezed in other corrals. Corrals are broken down the way they are for pacing on the course and the number of people in the corrals are used for the time between starts. So between elite and A it is 2 minutes then it grows to 5 minutes between corrals due to the number of people that need to get across the line. There are more logistics than I could even begin to understand that goes along with corral placement including course support etc. Moving people around last minute effects all of that.

Side thought: Do any other major races allow corral changes at their Expo? I'm talking NYC, Boston, etc.
I've run NY and Chicago. I think Chicago has a deadline for corral changes, but I have heard they have let people switch at the expo in the past. I am not sure about NY. I didn't try and switch corrals the year I ran.

First success story, and it's my own!

I went to Runner Relations and they gave me the corral sticker for my proper corral with no problem, the lady was super nice about it. All I had was a printout of my PoT results from the race I wanted to use. I didn't have the screen of my original submission. I know there were a couple people on here that needed PoT corrections. They say they won't do them at the expo but they did for me. Went from O to G for the Half/Full and E to B for the 5k/10k

First success story, and it's my own!

I went to Runner Relations and they gave me the corral sticker for my proper corral with no problem, the lady was super nice about it. All I had was a printout of my PoT results from the race I wanted to use. I didn't have the screen of my original submission. I know there were a couple people on here that needed PoT corrections. They say they won't do them at the expo but they did for me. Went from O to G for the Half/Full and E to B for the 5k/10k

The same thing happened to me. She was super nice and transferred me from O to C for the full.

I also had my corral changed. I was as polite as possible, honest (can't actually remember if I entered my POT) and had printouts of supporting race results. I went from P to G.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter