Corral Question

disneygal100

Earning My Ears
I am doing the half marathon in 2018! woohoo!

My friend who I will be running with finished the princess half in basically 2 hours. Her pace was around 10min/mi. My question is, if I run a 10k to qualify for proof of time at that same pace will I be placed in the same corral as her? I understand the conversion from a 10k to a half isn't verbatim, so I was just wondering if disney has a policy on how they do things like this? Thanks!

You never know for sure, but you will be close, and you are allowed to fall back corrals (so if someone is in F and the other is in H, F can start in Corral H).

Google McMillan Calculator and it will give you an idea of what you need to shoot for in a 10K to match her half time.

Then, do a quick Google Search to see where her time fell on this year's corral assignments - that will give you an idea of what leeway you will have. But, theoretically, if you run a McMillan-equivalent 10K to her half time within a minute or so, you're pretty much going to be in the same corral.

NOW. If she is on the cusp between one corral and another, you might be split up as RunDisney takes race equivalents at face value but slightly curves shorter qualifying race times as slower. It pretty much falls in line with McMillan, but it's not EXACTLY the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter