Costco Has 4 Day Park Hoppers For $259.99

Does anyone know if I can change what I've order through Disney? We're staying at PPH and have made reservations and was planning 2 days and have reserved the package through Disney but I've been looking at extending the trip one or two more days. If I extend can I remove the passes all together and just get them @ Costco? I would assume so.

Current price for 3 adults, 1 kid, 1 room and 2-day park hopper - $1941

If I change to no days in the park - $945
And add on 4x4 day park hopper - $1040
total - $1985... So for $11 per person I can extend the park hopper to 4 days? Really? Still need to extend the hotel, but that seems like a no-brainer! And then get $200 in costco gift cards on top of it?? Wow! :cool1:

So this has been answered, but wanted to double check as we are there Christmas Eve/Day - there are NO blackout dates??

Also, this was asked but not answered - can a kid use one of an adult park hopper pass?

Thanks!

J.

I ordered 3 day park hopper passes through GAT with the Peace of Mind add on. We leave on Sunday and if I can find these tix at Costco I would love to add a day! Can I cancel the Get away today tickets all together and get my money back?

My friend told me about these this weekend. I'll be stopping off at my Costco today after work to look into it. I'm in the Sacramento area. I'll post back any details I find that are not listed. I need 2 adults and one childs at this time.

I am hoping that they make it to Oregon. Does anyone know if Costco can seach to see what stores have them?

Just picked mine up at the Vacaville (northern Ca.) store. FYI for those of you in the area, they were NOT with the other gift cards, but were rather right as soon as you walk in the door, in the very first display.

To answer some of the questions: it says ages 3+ on the ticket, so these are good for both adults and kids. There are NO blackout dates. It includes 1 early entry and the Costco item # is 672884. I have no idea if Costco can do a search based on that, but I did try to enter that number into costco.com and it wouldn't come up, so it must be an item that is not eligible for ordering online.

Last thing: the employee said they would not be selling these after the holidays, so FYI.

MANY thanks again to the original poster! What a savings :)

Just picked mine up at the Vacaville (northern Ca.) store. FYI for those of you in the area, they were NOT with the other gift cards, but were rather right as soon as you walk in the door, in the very first display.

To answer some of the questions: it says ages 3+ on the ticket, so these are good for both adults and kids. There are NO blackout dates. It includes 1 early entry and the Costco item # is 672884. I have no idea if Costco can do a search based on that, but I did try to enter that number into costco.com and it wouldn't come up, so it must be an item that is not eligible for ordering online.

Last thing: the employee said they would not be selling these after the holidays, so FYI.

MANY thanks again to the original poster! What a savings :)

Thanks Susan! Are these tickets like plastic gift cards or cardboard ones that you take to the register to get the actual product?

Has anyone seen these in the Bay Area. Green Valley Costco is about 40 min away from me. How about Concord, Danville or Richmond, CA?

I am hoping that they make it to Oregon. Does anyone know if Costco can seach to see what stores have them?

I haven't tried for Disney tickets, but when AA gift cards were available at select stroes, I was able to call my local Costco and they could search other stores based on the item number. They automatically search other nearby stores, but can search any other location you suggest. We are in CA but found the AA gift cards we needed in Maui.

As posted above, the Costco item # is 672884.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

I haven't tried for Disney tickets, but when AA gift cards were available at select stroes, I was able to call my local Costco and they could search other stores based on the item number. They automatically search other nearby stores, but can search any other location you suggest. We are in CA but found the AA gift cards we needed in Maui.

As posted above, the Costco item # is 672884.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

Thank you! I will go over to our Costco today and see what they have or if they can search for them for me. Thanks everyone for your help :) This is a great deal!

Bummer... Don't think that I'll be able to pick them up if there only going to sold during the holidays. Was at my local Costco today returning an item and asked about the tickets and most likely they wont be getting them in Washington state :(
Has anyone seen them in Costco in the Carlsbad area? have an friend in that area.

Oregon Disney Fanatic: They are the large pieces of cardboard (with Cars Land illustrations) that they'll scan for you @ the register, then after paying you go to the pickup area and they have the hoppers banded together w/the Costco gift card.

Wow, Sad when $259 for 4 day pass is a great deal! Only about 2 years ago I paid $249 at Costco for a DLX annual pass that included a $50 gift card making the pass only $200 for an entire year. Bought our whole family and a few friends passes that way. Sigh...used to visit the parks over a dozen times a year...those were the days!!!

Ack! My trip starts March 10 ... I'd be about two weeks over the time to use them and couldn't activate them by end of February. Oh well, back on the hunt :(

PHXscuba

Hi all, GREAT forum. I wish I had found it before our last trip. But I'm all over it for our next trip. And I finally have something to contribute.

We bought five of these today at Shoreline Costco, north of Seattle. My DW had to ask, as they were not on display (yet?). They said they did not get many of them. The total was $259.99 per ticket, with no WA state sales tax. There was some confusion on whether they charge sales tax, but the register confirmed: no tax.

I was reluctant to buy, as we will need to add day 5 either at Grand Cal or a ticket kiosk. My understanding is adding a 5th day is still not a problem. You just can't go beyond five day hoppers. Correct?

Regarding the math:
I understand the upgrade difference (from $260) for day 5 will be $30/adult, $10/kid to gate prices. But with the $50 Costco cash card this still nets us 5-day PH for $240 adult and $220 kids. Am I missing something? I will call DLR tickets to confirm the 5th day/upgrade price. I figure we can always return unused if needed-- better to just grab them.

*If you have Executive + AMEX card, you net an additional 3% savings on your annual rebate as well: another $8.10 per ticket off above.

THANKS to the OP and follow ups for this nice surprise deal!

Hi all, GREAT forum. I wish I had found it before our last trip. But I'm all over it for our next trip. And I finally have something to contribute.

Welcome to the official side of DIS! :wave2: Nothing like a great deal to bring you over to the registered side, right? Congrats on being able to use these.

Sorry, I can't answer re: the upgrade pricing, so I'll defer to the others.

Regarding the math:
I understand the upgrade difference (from $260) for day 5 will be $30/adult, $10/kid to gate prices. But with the $50 Costco cash card this still nets us 5-day PH for $240 adult and $220 kids. Am I missing something? I will call DLR tickets to confirm the 5th day/upgrade price. I figure we can always return unused if needed-- better to just grab them.
When you upgrade you will lose the discount on the tickets. But as far as I know you will still save the $50 Costco card So While you will lose the saving on the ticket you will come out ahead.

Tickets are generally nonrefundable/returnable, so I would make sure that you can infact return them.

Hooray! They have them in Oregon as well!

Thank you for this post...it works out perfectly for us!! pixiedust:

Thanks for the confirmation on the blackout dates and the usable age..

Two more questions... I looked at all of the pricing options last night. I had booked a vacation package which included the souvenir tickets and they ran about $250 per person for 2-day park hopper. If I look at general ticket prices they run $200 per person for a 2-day park hopper (non-souvenir ticket) and $275 for a 4-day park hopper. So the $260 price for a 4-day park hopper is a savings from standard tickets of $15 --- or course you also get the Costco card.

So what I'm wondering is:
1) The tickets from Costco are just standard tickets, not souvenir tickets... Correct?
2) Are the features provided from the standard tickets any different then the souvenir tickets? Is the $50 increase from standard to souvenir simply for the plastic card?

Thanks again!!

J.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter