Cots, rollaways, airmatress,.....

TiggerFreak

Never goes gankin on the Internizzle
Now I don't remember for sure, but I do seem to recall many posts regarding this subject. I recall that DVC resorts do not offer any extra bedding surfaces (other than cribs?).

We will be staying at VWL 10-27 thru 11-2.
We have a 2 Bdr and a Studio. The 2bdr was requested to be a dedicated to insure 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom.

Due to one of the original persons canceling out due to their fear of air travel, we offered to have our Niece and her two children stay with us and cancel their ressies at CB. Now instead of having 4 adults and 2 teens in the 2 Bdr, we have DW and I in the master, our DD with her best friend on the foldout in living room and my DS, Neice, 10y boy, 12y girl in the 2nd bedroom.

So we have that max of 8 people in a 2 bedroom, not cramped, but some may need to be "Friendlier" than others! :D

Is my memory correct about DVC resorts not offering an extra bed(Cot/Rollaway) or am just going senile?

I have suggested having niece bring an air mattress for the 10y boy, which we could store in that huge closet in the 2nd bedroom during the day.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

LOL TiggerFreak! You are not going senile. I think it's very nice of you to share your DVC wuth family and friends. The DVC resorts will not/do not provide any extra beds such as rollaways, cots, etc. There is a Pac N' Play portable crib in the closet, but of course that doesn't work for you. Bring the air mattress if someone doesn't want to share a bed. Enjoy the trip!

Whew, I was starting to get worried :p
First the mind, then .....

Carol, from one cold state resident to another, wishing you a WARM "Welcome Home" sometime soon.

The air mattress will work just fine. I would however have a sheet from home for it. I expect you have already thought of that, but I thought I would say it anyways.

Have fun!

hi: do you suggest a particular type of air mattress? we have the problem of teens not wanting to sleep with each other on the fold out couch. my 14yo usually takes the pillows from the couch and maybe chair cushions and makes himself a "bed" on the living room floor. a couple of years ago, he even slept in the jacuzzi tub. i am usually not able to pop for a 2br pointswise for just 4 people.

My suggestion would be a twin sized mattress you can buy at Kmart or Walmart for about $25 that includes an electrical air pump.....works fine for kids, might even put a sleeping bag on top of one if you want....

If the 10 year old is willing to sleep on an air mattress, it can save you some effort!

We have a DS and DD, 4 years apart, so they cannot share a bed. We have twice obtained a rollaway at BWV, once when the 4 of us stayed in a one bedroom and once when we had another couple with us, who took the 2nd bedroom in a 2-BR. Rollaways do exist (BWI is a hotel and they have them) and you can get one if you are politely insistent and they can be sure you aren't putting more bodies in the unit than it allows for. It does make the living room very crowded at bedtime, but at least no one sleeps on the floor. (No one need fear being stepped on by accident!)

How about a camp mattress. The backpack style, one that rolls up can store in a small place but still offer a nice mat to sleep on. They have ones that automatically fill with air when you release the valve.

Also, you can get a camp cot pretty cheap from Walmart.

If you buy an air mattress with an eletric air pump make sure you test it out at home BEFORE hand. We learned the hard way that the pump that came with ours was defective!

Lisa

Would the 10 year old fit on the love seat? Now that I have said that, I can't recall if VWL has love seats! Sorry, my mind is bad too! Another option would be to take the cushions from the hideabed and use those on the floor for the younger child. We have even done that with teens who don't care to share a bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter