Could Disney start this tactic to get guest out of the parks on time?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Noticed the other day on You Tube they had a meet and greet with Mickey and friends dressed in their 4th of July outfits at Epcot, I think. So cute!

But also that particular meet and greet was over at 4 pm, no later. The cast members shut the line down before 4 pm, but there was enough people in line to make it to the cut off time. Could this be something that Disney might do in the future with rides at the end of the night? Possibly no more getting in line during the last ten minutes of the night with the headliners?

I think there are benefits to the current set up for Disney. Transportation won’t get a huge crush of people, they leave the main gift shop open an hour after park close anyways, etc. Also would lead to a lot of disappointment from guests—hard to plan your day if you don’t know when the lines will shut down. They do inflate times at closing to keep post close lines from getting crazy.

I think because of laws of performers in the heat the character lines have to run that way.

They could do it but as shared by @figmentfinesse it would add challenges in other areas. Very few guests know about the option to get in line just prior to close and Disney inflates the wait times to discourage guests.

They have had a variety of ways over the years to let guests know that character meet 'n greets are ending. I remember when my niece was about 5 (she's an adult now) they would hand out a balloon to the last guest who would be able to visit a character during a meet. It made it easy to look around and know a meet 'n greet was ending and a fun treat to the child.

I think what they're doing now works great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter