• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Could the Dream Turn the Grump into a Believer? Charleston Update 10/13

I AM SO BEHIND! but am all caught up now! I LOVED your report! You guys looked like you really had a nice time!!

LOVED the cabana's.. I am TRYING to talk DH into getting one on our Fantasy cruise next summer.. while I know I will love it.. I don't know if I can justify the cost.. well.. I could! :lmao::lmao: but he does have a point..

If you book onboard.. how long can you keep changing the dates?? and do you keep the same rate? do you get charged a fee? I have no idea how that works? :confused3

I am so talking your tips on the kids club. granted my kids are a lot younger (they will be 9 & 5 at the time) and they seem excited about it. I will make sure we go straight to orientation when we board.

Do you know what night is pirate night before hand? We may want to eat at Palo's.

The trip to Charleston looked lovey!!!

and I can't wait to read about your girls only trip!! Welcome back!!

Just read your Charleston mini-TR - what a beautiful city! Thank you for sharing it all!

Looking forward to reading about the girl's trip! :goodvibes

Loved your trip report...sorry so late in joining in. Tell Don my Mom age 76 with earkt alzheimers loves to cruise and says nothing but Disney. We are booked next Dec on the Fantasy and she wants me to look at booking another on board. Go figure. We live closer than you but will not drive. Too hard on Mom and me. We might try the train...not sure yet however it will take longer than driving by an hour or two if it is on time.

Cant wait to see the girls only TR

I absolutely loved your TR! I think you did an amazing job keeping your spirits lifted when your hubby wasn't feeling the total Disney magic (especially when he didn't want to rebook another cruise). All in all though I think he had a great time and you are a beautiful family!

Thanks for sharing your adventure from start to finish with us :thumbsup2 I am so convinced now to book a cruise in the next couple of years (I have 5 kids and 2 grandkids so it would take a lot to get us all together for an adventure like this). Maybe I'll just take a solo cruise........:confused3

Hey Michelle! I just looked back and noticed that you haven't been here in a month! :eek: I'm sure your just extremely busy like everyone is this time of year, but just wanted to drop in and let you know you've been missed.

I am so sorry - I forget about you over here on this different board. I pretty much go straight to Trip Reports, and occasionally I check the Resorts and Families boards, but not very often. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and get some time to relax.

Happy Thanksgiving Oklahoma Friends!
Are you tournamenting this weekend?
We are thinking about either another shopping trip down your way or up to KC!:laughing:

I AM SO BEHIND! but am all caught up now! I LOVED your report! You guys looked like you really had a nice time!!

LOVED the cabana's.. I am TRYING to talk DH into getting one on our Fantasy cruise next summer.. while I know I will love it.. I don't know if I can justify the cost.. well.. I could! :lmao::lmao: but he does have a point..

If you book onboard.. how long can you keep changing the dates?? and do you keep the same rate? do you get charged a fee? I have no idea how that works? :confused3

I am so talking your tips on the kids club. granted my kids are a lot younger (they will be 9 & 5 at the time) and they seem excited about it. I will make sure we go straight to orientation when we board.

Do you know what night is pirate night before hand? We may want to eat at Palo's.

The trip to Charleston looked lovey!!!

and I can't wait to read about your girls only trip!! Welcome back!!

Ha! Talk about behind, I haven't been on the DIS in 2 months!!! Shame on me, I'm a bad, bad DISer :sad2:

Thanks so much for reading along, glad you enjoyed the report!

The cabana was AWESOME, I'm not sure I could justify the cost of one if we weren't sharing the cost though, they are awfully expensive. Oh, who am I kidding, I could talk myself into it, just not sure I could take Don into it :laughing:

I'm not quite sure how changing the dates after rebooking on board would work. I had read many times that people did that, but I've heard that that is a loophole Disney is looking at closing :confused3

We did know what night Pirate night was going to be, but I think I found out by reading the boards and reading what night it was on for others who took the same length cruise. I'm glad we did Palo that night, we were done in plenty of time to still watch the fireworks and we had an AMAZING meal!

Ah, that's so sweet! I would have had a blast hanging out with you all! :goodvibes

We would have loved to have you along as well. Maybe someday!!

Hey Michelle, have you started your girls trip report yet?

No, she says, ducking her head in shame..........

It's been so long since I've been on here, the girls probably did one without me :laughing:

Just read your Charleston mini-TR - what a beautiful city! Thank you for sharing it all!

Looking forward to reading about the girl's trip! :goodvibes

Thanks Brook, Charleston really is a fantastic city!

Not sure about the TR from the girls trip, seems kind of silly to start one now, 2 months later :sad2:

Loved your trip report...sorry so late in joining in. Tell Don my Mom age 76 with earkt alzheimers loves to cruise and says nothing but Disney. We are booked next Dec on the Fantasy and she wants me to look at booking another on board. Go figure. We live closer than you but will not drive. Too hard on Mom and me. We might try the train...not sure yet however it will take longer than driving by an hour or two if it is on time.

Cant wait to see the girls only TR

Thanks! Sorry I was so long in responding to your post, I spread myself a bit thin and haven't hardly had time to breath the last couple of months, let alone DIS.

So jealous of your Fantasy cruise!!

My friend Jennifer (Happydog) takes the train alot, I'm sure she would be happy to answer any questions about it for you!

I absolutely loved your TR! I think you did an amazing job keeping your spirits lifted when your hubby wasn't feeling the total Disney magic (especially when he didn't want to rebook another cruise). All in all though I think he had a great time and you are a beautiful family!

Thanks for sharing your adventure from start to finish with us :thumbsup2 I am so convinced now to book a cruise in the next couple of years (I have 5 kids and 2 grandkids so it would take a lot to get us all together for an adventure like this). Maybe I'll just take a solo cruise........:confused3

Thank you so much! I really love writing TRs, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun if people didn't enjoy them :goodvibes

You're right, it would be hard to coordinate so many people for a cruise, but what wonderful memories you could make! I say go for it!!

Hey Michelle! I just looked back and noticed that you haven't been here in a month! :eek: I'm sure your just extremely busy like everyone is this time of year, but just wanted to drop in and let you know you've been missed.

2 months now! :scared1: Thanks for checking on me Rinky, I've just been insanly busy and have had no spare time to DIS. I've missed it terribly too! I had a little time this afternoon and decided to pop on, I hope I'm back for good!

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle! I hope you get some time to check in here! You are missed!:goodvibes

A little late to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, so I'll say Happy New Year instead :laughing:

I am so sorry - I forget about you over here on this different board. I pretty much go straight to Trip Reports, and occasionally I check the Resorts and Families boards, but not very often. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and get some time to relax.

No worries MeMom, I've been MIA for a long time. I'm sure I've missed all of your October TR and now you are back in WDW again! At least I have FB, so I'm able to stay somewhat caught up with you!

Happy Thanksgiving Oklahoma Friends!
Are you tournamenting this weekend?
We are thinking about either another shopping trip down your way or up to KC!:laughing:

Hey lady! Hope you are enjoying your WDW trip right now. I'm loving all your FB updates :goodvibes

Not sure about the TR from the girls trip, seems kind of silly to start one now, 2 months later :sad2:

Ummm, I don't think it would be silly at all -- I would still love to read about your girls' trip. ::yes::

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! I have missed seeing your around the DIS! :santa:

Ummm, I don't think it would be silly at all -- I would still love to read about your girls' trip. ::yes::

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! I have missed seeing your around the DIS! :santa:

I totally agree with this. It's never too late to start a TR! I need ideas for next year! :rolleyes1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Glad you were able to stop in and say hi. How is the TA business going?

I say go for it! It took me about 1 1/2 months before I started my AEP TR...and I only just started day 3 of it today. I have read many who started several months to almost a year after travel.....just do it........:wizard:

Hi Michelle!

Followed you here from Rinky's TR and spent this evening reading about your trip :goodvibes - it sounds like you had a great time onboard the Dream! We had our first ever cruise on this ship as part of our honeymoon and absolutely loved it... I wish now that we'd taken advantage of that rebooking offer discount while onboard - as we've now booked a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy in 2013 :cloud9:

Btw one of the only times I felt the ship move was on our first night while in the Enchanted Garden restaurant.. I wonder if it's because it's quite low down in the ship & there's no windows? :confused3

We did the Dolphin Encounter too and loved it! Something we'll always remember - I think we might try a dolphin swim on a future trip!

The cabana at Castaway Cay looked amazing, would love to try one of those :cutie:

Hope you've had a great Christmas,

Emma princess: x

My husband is a resister as well and I've been talking about wanting to do a Disney cruise next. :) Neither of us have ever cruised before, but I think our 3 kids would love it! Which does your husband prefer..WDW or the cruise?? We would do like you and do 2 days at WDW and a 4 night cruise. Did he ever come around? After our last trip to WDW my husband said it was time to go someplace different --a cruise is different! :) Which did you prefer as well as the kids??

Hi Michelle, welcome back! It's good to see you & it would be nice to read about the girls trip. I, too have been slow lately with my TR, so know how hard it is sometimes to keep updating.;)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :goodvibes

Hi Sharon! Hope you had a great holiday!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Glad you were able to stop in and say hi. How is the TA business going?

Slowly......

Hi Michelle!

Followed you here from Rinky's TR and spent this evening reading about your trip :goodvibes - it sounds like you had a great time onboard the Dream! We had our first ever cruise on this ship as part of our honeymoon and absolutely loved it... I wish now that we'd taken advantage of that rebooking offer discount while onboard - as we've now booked a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy in 2013 :cloud9:

Btw one of the only times I felt the ship move was on our first night while in the Enchanted Garden restaurant.. I wonder if it's because it's quite low down in the ship & there's no windows? :confused3

We did the Dolphin Encounter too and loved it! Something we'll always remember - I think we might try a dolphin swim on a future trip!

The cabana at Castaway Cay looked amazing, would love to try one of those :cutie:

Hope you've had a great Christmas,

Emma princess: x

Hi Emma! Thanks for reading!

Congrats on booking another cruise, how exciting!

I bet the location of the Enchanted Garden does have some to do with feeling the movement of the ship there, of course, I never felt it on that level again after the first night, so who knows :confused3

I think a dolphin swim would be so much fun, it's on our list as well.

My husband is a resister as well and I've been talking about wanting to do a Disney cruise next. :) Neither of us have ever cruised before, but I think our 3 kids would love it! Which does your husband prefer..WDW or the cruise?? We would do like you and do 2 days at WDW and a 4 night cruise. Did he ever come around? After our last trip to WDW my husband said it was time to go someplace different --a cruise is different! :) Which did you prefer as well as the kids??

Don definitely would choose the cruise over WDW, no hesitation. The boys would probably say cruise too, but probably just because we've been to WDW many times and the cruise was something new and different. They also loved the freedom of being able to go off and do their own thing on the ship. Me, well, I don't know that I could choose, I love both, but they are very different vacations. If your DH is ready for something new, try the cruise, I'm sure you will all love it!

Hi Michelle, welcome back! It's good to see you & it would be nice to read about the girls trip. I, too have been slow lately with my TR, so know how hard it is sometimes to keep updating.;)

Hey Doris! I'm still terribly behind on my subscriptions, I'm trying to catch up though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter