Could you do Disney over Christmas?

we left once on Christmas Day and we stopped for the night in Georgia. There was a Denny's restaurant attached to the hotel. They had a special Christmas Dinner that night and it was wonderful. We very much enjoyed it.

I'm beginning to think I could head to Florida again this year. We have our own business and vacation time is hard to get. But we are closing from Dec 24 to Jan 4 this year for our workers. That is 11 whole days at once, very difficult for us to arrange. It seems a waste to not take advantage.

We would probably rent a friends house though and might not go to Disney:eek: since we are going on a cruise in January but at least it would be a break and hopefully warm too.

I have no problem with Christmas without snow!!! I had many while living in the Southern USA however I would really, really miss Christams day with my family. And I couldn't handle the crowds at WDW. We went once when I was a teenager between Xmas and New Years and it was crazy.

I hope to be in Hawaii for next christmas. MIL lives there and it will be DH's and I 10th anniversary so after Christmas day I hope to take a cruise around the island.

We spent New Years 2002 at EPCOT and it was packed. We left to drive down on Boxing Day so spent Christmas with my family. I don't think that I would plan to go down again during the holidays but I would like to go down again while the decorations are up. It really is beautiful to see.

Having said that though, if DH were to say at the last minute "do you want to drive down after Christmas Day again", I would have a hard time saying "no". ;)

Well, we almost never have snow here on the wet coast, so I'd rather be at WDW! My first trip to DL was just prior to the US Thanksgiving so we were awed by the Xmas decorations. We planned our 1999 holiday to be on a cruise ship for Xmas but we were at the World for 10 days prior basking in the Christmassy decor. Last year we flew down on Christmas Day (after doing Christmas Eve with my family) which was a little strange and as it was such a long day of travelling, didn't even get near WDW that night. We ate Christmas dinner at Denny's (kinda like on the Santa Clause!). We did have 10 wonderful days enjoying the Christmas atmosphere though. I would love to go down again at Christmas but next year it will be basically a cruise only vacation with 1 day at MK, but prob after the Christmas decorations are down.

Ok, I found this song...not really a style of music I like but it get the feelings across really well.

All I really want for Christmas......

<bgsound scr= "http://media.rcalabelgroup.com/1005/media_1/large_7894_all_i_want_full.asx">
medium_7610_cover_medium.jpg

Good one Wendy!

I was just talking with parents from the hockey team last night and they want to go down over Christmas also. More and more I am starting to like the idea.

We went two years ago, three months post-9/11, and although things may have been a little skewed that year here are a few observations:

1) From the time we arrived on the 21st until the 27th, park traffic was very light. In fact, we got all of the "must-do" rides in over the first three days we were there, with little waiting, because things were so quiet.

2) On December 27, all heck (so to speak) broke loose. We moved from the BWV to WL that day, and the entrance to WL looked like a parking lot. It was almost as if everyone and their dog decided to thumb their nose at Al Qeida and said "we're going to Disney World". For the next three days, you couldn't breathe in any of the parks, let alone move around.

Were we to go again at Christmas, I would arrange our schedule so that we arrived between the 15th-20th of December and would stay no longer than the 27th or so. That way we would still get the ambience and enjoy the holiday there, but avoid the crowds which seem to pop up between Christmas and New Years.

- Mike

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :earsboy: ABSOLUTLY. Have not done so yet but hope to soon. I hate snow and cold and would just as soon never see it. We now have Christmas with all the kids (grown with families of own) the first Saturday of December so that they can establish their own traditions etc. or go to other side of families for Dec. 25. The kids all love this and told us they never want to change it. The grandkids get two Christmas and not the driving (we live 4 hours from any of them and nearly all (5) in different directions so the early Christmas works great.
Looking forward to Dec 25 where it is warm Maybe 2004

When hubby retires we will be getting a 5th wheel. We thought that it would be kind of cool to do christmas down in WDW. We would leave when Chloe gets out of school and come back just before. Of course we would camp in WDW (like we'd go somewhere else....:crazy: ) I could care less about the snow .I was born and raised in Vancouver and it never snowed on Christmas just rains!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter