Couple that lived at Disney for a year

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
So I randomly came across this YouTube channel that had room tours. Great! Then I noticed they had these other videos on their channel about how they lived at Disney for a year! I was like.... wait, what? They lived all of 2019 at WDW, talk about a Disney Fan's ultimate dream! My husband had other things to say, pff. Anyways I'm now hooked. I binged watched the days they already had up and am happy to have something to watch that is happy! I did note in their videos they mentioned renting points off DISboards, so I know somewhere on the boards they are here. Anyone else watching this couple?

Ah yes, Here With the Ears. It sounds like a super fun way to spend a year, even if you have to do the work of planning, filming, and editing content every day. :)

I will say, I think they were super fortunate that they chose 2019 to be their year. What a huge bummer had they been planning this for 2020. 😕

Last edited:
I know I'm old because this is crazy stupid to me ,they sold their house and all their belongings to do this, imagine if they did it in 2020!

and where do they go next,they say even they dont know. just crazy.not solid or mature decision making.

I love disney but I cant say this is my dream.oh well.

and where do they go next,they say even they dont know. just crazy.not solid or mature decision making.

I disagree. A house and things are just a house and things. As long as you have the means to secure housing and the essential items needed for a home again after your travels, what's wrong with selling what you have?

Some people are planners. Others are not. If you can be spontaneous in life and you enjoy doing so, then why not? :)

One often hears of people taking months or years of their lives to travel. These two just decided to travel within a small pocket of the world for one year. Even if they had plans for after 2019, 2020 could have easily wiped those plans out. 2020 wiped out the typical and traditional plans of plenty of mature and solid people. A lot of us don't know what we're doing next these days. We're waiting to see what we actually can do. :)

I may be imagining this, but it seems like someone posted on Disboards about living at WDW for a year - but it seems like this was before 2019. Maybe they posted prior to 2019 about making plans to pull it off. Might have been on one of the DVC forums, or I could totally be hallucinating this ;)

I wish I had been brave enough to try something like this when I was young. For some reason my wife and I were afraid of travel until we got older and had kids.

Looking back to our first Europe trip we were so stupid. Did a seven day cruise out of Barcelona and only added a single arrive day and no post cruise days in the UK. At the time I had a job with unlimited time off and no kids.

Then with kids we did a 21 day European vacation that visited 7 countries.

Maybe once the kids are out of college and the in-laws have passed on I might consider a year long adventure traveling in the US.

More power to them, but I get antsy to get back home after 2 weeks at WDW. There is so much stimulation all the time, which is fun for a while, but we find 2 weeks is max for us.

I'm watching every day. I love hearing about their experiences and wish I was brave enough to do something like this. The memories they must have made from such a unique experience would be absolutely priceless. I love how they had this blended vacation/real life experience, living and working but stepping out into a Disney resort every morning.

I am so jealous :sad: :rotfl:

Must be nice to have that kind of money.

I watch them and they seem like generally nice people.

Yea. Figure MINIMUM $200/day for housing and meals, that's $73k.

I’ve seen them stay in a Copper Creek Grand Villa for a week. Cabins, Bungalows, you name it. I saw their video from the other night and they drive a Mercedes. Hey, good for them. If I had money and no kids, I’d probably do the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter