COVID super spreading family we know **Our friend has passed away**

I want to thank all of you for your kind words of support, not only last night and today, but also over the past 10 days. They have been most helpful. Very appreciative of all of you.

I am so very sorry to hear Dan. I am heartbroken to read these updates, especially your conversation on Thursday. :hug: But I was also touched that you are a person that he could rest his thoughts and emotions with in these moments. Says a lot about your friendship and about who you are. Love sent to his family and to yours.
Lisa, your expanded thoughts here mean a lot. Not more than others here, for sure. But I also was comforted in his expression of trust and friendship with me, like the family, his and my families, that we became over the past 50 plus years. Thank you
This needs to be highlighted, the sequence of events, just one story in millions of others. Another family who are missing someone this Christmas , all because they continued to do family get togethers and thought they would be safe.

Big virtual hugs to you @Dan Murphy

Make that small sacrifice this year and have Christmas alone and keep your family alive.
BPT, so true. Your thoughts were the reason for my OP, before things went downhill so drastically and quickly, just reminding us all to stay in our own respective 'bubbles'. So very important to curtail the spread and consequences of little lapses of judgement.

Sending support to you, your friends and family. I'm mindful also those reading the thread that may have also experienced loss this season. *hugs* :grouphug: Thank you Dan for sharing this thread so we can witness, remember and honor one another. *hugs*

I'm very sorry to read about your friend passing away - very very sad :sad1:

I am so sorry, Dan, to hear this update from you. I've been reading the thread today.

My aunt is having the usual big family get together here tomorrow night. I begged her not to, but she only said "I won't stop the tradition." This is the first Christmas without my uncle and she wants to have family around her. "Well, so-and-so gets tested every week for work," or "your cousin stays home most of the time so he's fine." She doesn't get it, and for the sake of 'tradition' she's willing to play Russian roulette with us all. Luckily, I have this bedroom to escape to and boycott the entire thing, but Christmas Day I'll be wearing my mask while I wipe down all the surfaces. Hopefully, it will be enough.

Our good friend passed away about an hour ago. He had been moved to the hospice area of the hospital as the medical folks said that was basically what they were doing for him the past few days. and they want to free up the ICU's for more COVID's.

And as with so many hundreds of thousands of other people who have died from the COVID over the past almost year now, no family or friends allowed to be there at the end, just medical people. So very sad.

Thank you for your thoughts, support and prayers over the past 10 days.

My sincere condolences too Dan. HUGS all around.. :grouphug:

So very sorry to read the update about the loss of your friend . May God Bless his family and friends in this time of sorrow. Another senseless passing due to Covid. Too many people lost too soon. Hugs to you Dan :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter