Covid test within a week of 2nd Vaccine dose

suzy_q

Earning My Ears
I may be worrying needlessly but my daughter's college has now made vaccines available. She will receive her 2nd dose on May 16th and we travel on May 19th to HNL. Is there a chance that the Pfizer vaccine could cause a positive covid test result (with just a few days in her system)? I'm also worried about potential side effects still bothering her after 3 days. Thanks for any information.

I would highly recommend your DD isolate as much as possible because she still isn't 96% protected until 2 weeks post second vaccination. DH and I are both teachers and after we got our second vaccine we still wore our N95 and face shields at school so we would not contract the virus before we left for Hawaii.

I would highly recommend your DD isolate as much as possible because she still isn't 96% protected until 2 weeks post second vaccination. DH and I are both teachers and after we got our second vaccine we still wore our N95 and face shields at school so we would not contract the virus before we left for Hawaii.
Very good advice--thanks!

Keep in mind too, that you can still get Covid even if you've gotten the vaccine- the 96% protected can also just mean that you have lesser symptoms if you do contract Covid.

Keep in mind too, that you can still get Covid even if you've gotten the vaccine- the 96% protected can also just mean that you have lesser symptoms if you do contract Covid.

Oh I know. I was just suggesting that the OP gives her college-aged DD a heads up/reminder about the 2 weeks, even though she is probably aware of that, because I wouldn't want their trip to be a no-go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter