CP arrivals and Roomates

Tink the Rock Star

Twitterpated....
I just got back from spring break in WDW yesterday, and while down there, I talked to a lot of CPers. One major bit of advice was to try to organize a group of people that you can meet up with before check-in. A lot of them said that they organized groups of people they met on message boards, like this one, for the check-in... that way they could be roomates. One girl told me that it's much better to room with someone you may have never met, but at least you've talked with them before, versus be roomed up with some other random CPer. ;)

Well... to relate with that, both my boyfriend and I will be arriving on the 17th of August and are looking for other people from the DIS to meet up with and hopefully room with. We haven't gotten our flight out yet, but we are going to be arriving in the morning on the 17th from a red eye flight. We'll be flying out from Washington state, and most of the flights we're looking at arrive between 6 and 10 in the morning. We just wanted to figure out if anyone else is arriving the same day (I know you are HomesweetDisney :teeth: ) and if we could plan a gathering before we hit Vista Way.

We're both going to be in Wellness housing, as I'm 18 (turning 19 during the CP :goodvibes ) and he's 20. We'd both love to get to know some more people that are getting there the same day as we are. Hopefully some of you who are getting there the same day, we could meet up and then hopefully be roomates! :teeth:

So we hope to get to talk to some of you soon! :teeth:

::MinnieMo Jen & Lee ::MickeyMo

I may be the exception rather than the rule, but I had great experiences living with 3 people that I had never met or talked to before doing the CP.

I had talked to a few ppl on the DIS before I did my CP, and we met up once or twice, but never really did much (not even talking) after we started the CP.

(of course, the next semester (now) when I'm FT, I talked to a few incoming CPs on the DIS, still talk to both fairly regularly, and still TRY to hang out with them when possible ... so I guess it just depends who you talk to)

I think that is was neat that i got to room with people i didnt know. we all got to kinda know each other the first day and well some of us are getting closer as time goes on.

As for the hanging out thing (eric) after your program starts... its hard to find time where everyone is off... i am still trying to find time to hang out with my roommates.

I too lucked out on my roomates, had never met any of them until they walked throught the front door! so don't despair if you can't find anyone, good luck!

EPCOTgrl1 said:
As for the hanging out thing (eric) after your program starts... its hard to find time where everyone is off... i am still trying to find time to hang out with my roommates.

true, very true. It's almost guaranteed that none of your roommates will have the same schedule as you. But you'll make friends in your work area, you'll meet a lot of people, and there's always people to hang out with.

Although it is true that it's a good idea to meet people before you go down there It definitely doesn't prevent problems. One of my roommates I met before going down, the other I met during check in. The one I met during check-in I still talk to and in fact arranged to room with her when we went seasonal last summer. The other one I stopped talking to 2/3 of the way through the program. You be the judge!!
However going to a meet and greet is a good way to meet people so I recommend doing that regardless!!
Have fun! No matter what you are sure to meet tons of people!!

:earsgirl:

Tink the Rock Star said:
I just got back from spring break in WDW yesterday, and while down there, I talked to a lot of CPers. One major bit of advice was to try to organize a group of people that you can meet up with before check-in. A lot of them said that they organized groups of people they met on message boards, like this one, for the check-in... that way they could be roomates. One girl told me that it's much better to room with someone you may have never met, but at least you've talked with them before, versus be roomed up with some other random CPer. ;)

Well... to relate with that, both my boyfriend and I will be arriving on the 17th of August and are looking for other people from the DIS to meet up with and hopefully room with. We haven't gotten our flight out yet, but we are going to be arriving in the morning on the 17th from a red eye flight. We'll be flying out from Washington state, and most of the flights we're looking at arrive between 6 and 10 in the morning. We just wanted to figure out if anyone else is arriving the same day (I know you are HomesweetDisney :teeth: ) and if we could plan a gathering before we hit Vista Way.

We're both going to be in Wellness housing, as I'm 18 (turning 19 during the CP :goodvibes ) and he's 20. We'd both love to get to know some more people that are getting there the same day as we are. Hopefully some of you who are getting there the same day, we could meet up and then hopefully be roomates! :teeth:

So we hope to get to talk to some of you soon! :teeth:

::MinnieMo Jen & Lee ::MickeyMo

I haven't looked at any flights yet but I'm sure I'll be leaving fairly early. I'll see you there :teeth:

5/30 is my arrival date.

I JUST clicked the button. hehe...

SyracuseWolvrine said:
true, very true. It's almost guaranteed that none of your roommates will have the same schedule as you. But you'll make friends in your work area, you'll meet a lot of people, and there's always people to hang out with.

I met a lot of my friends at the Chatham pool. The rest of them I met either at work, or neighbors, ect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter