CP guest ticket ?

traveljunkie

Mouseketeer
Hello,
My BFF daughter is currently in the CP. We are going to visit her in July. She doesn't know the answers to these questions and I hope you do! We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge for only 2 nights. I want to purchase our park tickets before we arrive so I can link to FP+. I have so many questions!

*Is it possible to prebuy them (her dad will visit before us and can buy them for us) to get the 10% discount.
*Does she have to be with us when we enter the park?
*She is going to give our DD one of her free passes so they can park hop together. Is that ticket able to be linked to FP+ or does DD have to wait until she goes with friend?

I appreciate any insight--she is too busy to ask these questions in person right now...working at Epcot during the flower & garden and taking classes.
Thanks!

My DD is currently in the DCP. I'm assuming you are talking about the 10% DCP discount on the tickets for you and your husband? If so, your DD's friend will have to purchase them for you to get the discount. And she can buy those anytime and you can link them to your magicbands and make fast passes. For these tickets she does not have to be with you when you enter the park. If she is giving your DD one of her guest passes she will have to be with her when your DD enters the park. The DCP guest pass can be linked to your DD's MDE account and fastpasses can be made at 60 days out since y'all have reservations at Wilderness Lodge. Hope this helps! Have fun!!

Heather

Hi Heather,
Thanks for your reply and well wishes. Sorry I was not clear--I get to rambling and thinking it all makes since. Yep, I'm talking about the 10% off tickets for DH & myself. So to make sure I'm clear-- My friend's daughter can buy the tickets before our trip (we'll pay her dad and he can bring them to us next month). Do they have a date specific timeframe or park? I can then link them to my MDE account. If she also gives her dad the guest pass for DD then we can also link it to our MDE account. That's ok if she can only use the pass with DCP friend because they'll be in the parks together. It is great news that we can have her purchase our tickets ahead of time! Thank you!

Hi OP.

Your friend can buy the 10% off ones before the trip and they are not time specific. If you don't want to wait a month to link them just have her text or email you a photo of the back of the cards and them you can plug those numbers in.

For the free guest pass you can not link them to you DD MDE and she will only be able to make FP+ through her friend about 7 days in advance. Unless the CM is staying on property their tickets only work for prebooking FP on a 7 day rolling window.

For the free guest pass you can not link them to you DD MDE and she will only be able to make FP+ through her friend about 7 days in advance. Unless the CM is staying on property their tickets only work for prebooking FP on a 7 day rolling window.

Is this the case still with the new seasonal 1-day passes? I was under the old system so I haven't had any first hand experience with these earned passes. But from what I've gathered, these are essentially treated like regular 1-day passes once they are earned (with the exception that the CM must still be there at entry)

Is this the case still with the new seasonal 1-day passes? I was under the old system so I haven't had any first hand experience with these earned passes. But from what I've gathered, these are essentially treated like regular 1-day passes once they are earned (with the exception that the CM must still be there at entry)

Not 100% sure as I was on the old system as well. I think the earned ones are still treated the same since they aren't the white complementary ones since those they wouldn't know who entered and who didn't. I'd still plan towards not getting FPs earlier then 7 days but the CM should be able to figure out that information by asking their leaders or reading the HUB.

Hi! Both current and alumni parent here....The earned park hoppers may absolutely be assigned to family/friends ahead of time and linked to magic bands. If the users are staying at a Disney resort, they may use them to make FP's at 60 days just like everyone else. The CM must be present at the first park entry of the day but then the guests may park-hop without them. My family made several trips using these earned passes last year and had no problems at all making and using FP's at 60 days. Always be sure to have a printed copy of the passes on hand, but the magicbands should be fine if linked to them. Some people have had issues with them not working, but we never had any issues at all and they worked beautifully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter