• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CR v GF v BC for honeymoon

Eleanor Richman

Earning My Ears
Hi all

Fiance and I heading for 9 days in Feb for our honeymoon. Hurrah. We have been very torn about which hotel to stay in of the Grand Floridan, Contemporary, Beach Club. We intend to use the parks early in the day and evening and be in the hotel either swimming or in the room relaxing for the height of the day.

The Beach club has the amazing pool but needs buses etc to MK and shares this bus with other resorts so can take a while.

The Contemporary can take the monorail to epcot and walk easily to the MK but the free dining plan is not available so would need to pay for this separately. Not sure if it's worth paying extra for it if not included.

The Floridian just seems a bit more romantic plus monorail

The prices we have been quoted for their garden view rooms are:

Contemporary £5414 inc disney meal plan (or £4407 without one)
Grand floridian £5778 inc a $300 gift card and disney meal plam
Beach club £4225 inc a $300 gift card and disney meal plan

Technically our budgets can stretch to accommodate but i am confused on if it worth the extra money.

HELP!!

Thank you

Hi all

Fiance and I heading for 9 days in Feb for our honeymoon. Hurrah. We have been very torn about which hotel to stay in of the Grand Floridan, Contemporary, Beach Club. We intend to use the parks early in the day and evening and be in the hotel either swimming or in the room relaxing for the height of the day.

The Beach club has the amazing pool but needs buses etc to MK and shares this bus with other resorts so can take a while.

The Contemporary can take the monorail to epcot and walk easily to the MK but the free dining plan is not available so would need to pay for this separately. Not sure if it's worth paying extra for it if not included.

Technically our budgets can stretch to accommodate but i am confused on if it worth the extra money.

HELP!!

Thank you
I have stayed at CR, GF and YC (not BC but next door). I guess it depends which parks you want to do most because you can walk to HS and EP from BC, but monorail to MK from GF or even walk to MK from CR.

I do think the GF is more romantic and quiet, especially for adults, but Stormalong Bay at BC/YC is very nice, but busy.

All are nice and you should have a great trip. Congratulations on your wedding!

CR is not worth it if it doesn't qualify for your discount.

GF or Beach Club are very nice, it depends on which parks you enjoy going to the most. For me BC would win since we love EPCOT and you can easily walk there in a few mins from Beach Club.

Let me suggest a dark horse, Boardwalk Inn. Nightly entertainment on the boardwalk plus Jelly Rolls as well as a quick walk to the restaurants at Epcot and the surrounding hotels. While the GF is very nice, it's a "park" hotel full of families. If you stay there I would suspect you would spend a lot of time traveling to night time adult activities.

Something to keep in mind. If you go with Beach Club you’ll be saving so much money you can take Minnie Vans instead of buses with the difference. That would allow you to enjoy the pool and avoid the bus issue. If you’re doing the deluxe dining plan I would go Grand Floridian because of the access to 2 credit restaurants. If regular dining plan I would go Beach Club so that you have access to the Epcot dining choices for dinner!

I have stayed at all three and considering the big difference in price I would stay at the BC. Also, BC has the best pool anywhere so during your mid-day breaks (assuming it is warm enough) you will be able to use Stormalong Bay which is fantastic. Also with all that extra money you can treat yourself to some fancy meals.

In the end you can't go wrong staying at any of your three choices.

Hi all

HELP!!

Thank you
Definitely the Beach Club. I believe you have a misconception about the Beach Club. It only shares buses with the Yacht Club not multiple resorts. This really is not an issue. SAB is the best pool on property. The location can not be beat. You can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Epcot is our favorite park. We eat dinner there 5 of 7 nights on our trips. Walking home can not be beat!!

CR is not romantic. I’ve never stayed there, but I’ve dined there and toured the public areas during the holidays. The modern theming and decor feel like the Hyatt at the Orlando airport (where I actually have stayed.) I would recommend planning a special dinner around fireworks time at the California Grill, but not actually staying at CR. The walk-in access to MK is a great advantage, but I don’t think you will feel special or romantic about the resort.

The BC is lovely, but that pool is going to be packed unless it is a February where it is too cool to swim—-certainly possible. (Temps will typically range from about 73-54 F.) I’ve also never really been “wowed” by the restaurants in the BC/YC area other than enjoying the sundaes at Beaches & Cream. My husband agrees about the pool, but he does like the walk-in access to Epcot that BC allows and the proximity to the Boardwalk.

The GF is my favorite WDW resort. It is just beautiful and has a very serene atmosphere. You can easily take the monorail back to the parks at night after a day of early park-hopping and midday relaxation. The dining options there are also excellent. You can watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the MK fireworks from the dock at night. I’ve had nothing but great service there. The CMs are fantastic. I could listen to the pianist in the lobby all day. I guarantee that the GF will make your honeymoon feel special.

However, I do think Figvention’s suggestion of the Boardwalk Inn is a very good one. The rooms are lovely and you have all the activities and dining of the Boardwalk right at your feet, so if you and your new spouse want to walk along the Boardwalk and watch the performers at night or pop by one of the nightspots for a drink and some entertainment, you can. BWI is convenient to both Epcot and DHS. I love the pool and the clown side. The pool bartender makes a very tasty coconut mojito. The only drawback to BWI is that there is no restaurant actually within the hotel, so you have to go out to the Boardwalk or parks for breakfast. Thsi bothers me a little, but it might not be a problem for you. Also, breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery can be pretty tasty.

I hope this helps.

Something to keep in mind. If you go with Beach Club you’ll be saving so much money you can take Minnie Vans instead of buses with the difference. That would allow you to enjoy the pool and avoid the bus issue. If you’re doing the deluxe dining plan I would go Grand Floridian because of the access to 2 credit restaurants. If regular dining plan I would go Beach Club so that you have access to the Epcot dining choices for dinner!
That's actually a very good point I hadn't thought of. If we went twice a day EVERY day to MK and back via uber it would only cost about $40 a day for $400 or £300 over the whole trip. Literally 1/4 of the additional price of the hotel.

Let me suggest a dark horse, Boardwalk Inn. Nightly entertainment on the boardwalk plus Jelly Rolls as well as a quick walk to the restaurants at Epcot and the surrounding hotels. While the GF is very nice, it's a "park" hotel full of families. If you stay there I would suspect you would spend a lot of time traveling to night time adult activities.
The BWI is coming up as more expensive than GF and we aren't really interested in bars etc. Thanks

I've stayed at all 3 of your options (plus the BWI dark horse candidate!). For a honeymoon, I think you really can't beat the Epcot resort area. When DH and I travel without the kids, we prefer BWI which has the entertainment and restaurants of the Boardwalk plus a really peaceful area near the quiet pool. You feel worlds away from the parks and crowds. Beach Club is also really beautiful and relaxing with a fabulous pool. Either way, being able to take a stroll around the lake to Hollywood Studios or Epcot would seal the deal for me!! Minnie Vans (or Uber) is a great option to MK or AK.

If you wanted to be in the MK area, hands down pick the GF though. Fantastic restaurants, and enjoying the band in the main building lobby at night is something special.
I love the CR but wouldn't stay there for a honeymoon.

No matter where you choose I hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

Have you checked the Yacht Club? Less chaotic and fewer children than Beach, same benefits.

GF is our most booked but have stayed in all deluxe resorts. We tend to book by the type of trip. For a romantic couples trip we would choose GF or Yacht if we were planning a lot of time at Epcot or HS.

Personally, for this trip I would not choose Beach as I find it draws more families and is less peaceful and romantic than your other choices.

I have never stayed at French Quarter but many mention it for a honeymoon. Posts say it is romantic and like the fact you can book a king bed. The deluxe resorts don’t have a lot of king bed rooms and many are handicapped accessible. They are also by request only, not a bootable category.

Maybe someone who has stayed POFQ will pop in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter