Crazy Charges from the Disney Wish

Not to stir anything up, but why would someone make charges on the ship without knowing the cost? We're very comfortably retired, but still I would never just charge something without knowing the cost.
My husband does this all the time! He’ll go up to a bar and point to some bottle of booze he sees behind the bar and say I’ll try that, and it’s a $50 drink! Or he’ll go to the spa and come back with a bunch of face creams they upsold him at the end of his massage. *sigh* some people are just born without a budget gene.

My husband does this all the time! He’ll go up to a bar and point to some bottle of booze he sees behind the bar and say I’ll try that, and it’s a $50 drink! Or he’ll go to the spa and come back with a bunch of face creams they upsold him at the end of his massage. *sigh* some people are just born without a budget gene.
I always say my husband spending money while on vacation vs my husband spending money "in real life" are two very different men :rotfl2:

You can ask for a paper copy at Guest Services, I'm sure.
Yes you can . We went a few days in to pay cash. Thought it was $300. And it was $400. We forgot some of the things ,we got a drink there a few coffees here we forgot about. It was like oh yeah now we remember.

They should have provided you with a copy the night before or morning of all the charges in your party. I would double check and then dispute it before getting of the ship. The spa also adds an automatic gratuity service on "your behalf". So annoying when they do that. I tried to tell the manager that they shouldn't, especially when they don't give you an itemized receipt after the spa.

They should have provided you with a copy the night before or morning of all the charges in your party. I would double check and then dispute it before getting of the ship. The spa also adds an automatic gratuity service on "your behalf". So annoying when they do that. I tried to tell the manager that they shouldn't, especially when they don't give you an itemized receipt after the spa.
They haven’t done it for a while since the folio is accessible via the app. They will provide it only upon request.

Reactions: NAB
when your account gets to over 300 they push thru the charge. So a couple 300 and one over (probably large purchase like message got it to around 400) is perfectly normal

They should have provided you with a copy the night before or morning of all the charges in your party. I would double check and then dispute it before getting of the ship.
They don't do that anymore, for regular guests at least. It stinks.

I'm planning to routinely ask for a paper copy at GS at the end of each cruise from now on. If enough guests did that, they'd start giving us physical receipts again as a matter of course.

I feel like every single time we do a massage at the spa the charge is different than the actual bill I signed. I always add extra gratuity v plus the 18 % they already charge everything I have to dispute it and they make up some reason as to why it was done… so annoying

I always request a paper copy the day/night before. We don't get it it in Disney anymore. Yes, it's in the APP or via email - old school here :). Hate using my phone for everything. I like to look at it before we leave. Just habit.

I also always take and keep the receipt. We just returned from Disney and almost every CM/cashier asked if I wanted a receipt. The answer was always yes.

We have not cruised in a few years - do they still offer receipt? Bar, Bingo? Palo, etc.? Always good to have.

Did the OP find out what the charges were.

Did the OP find out what the charges were.
Probably and that's why he hasn't replied back yet. I got a receipt for Palo, but not for the rainforest room pass.

I like having the access in the app. Then you can check while you are thinking about your purchase :)

Probably and that's why he hasn't replied back yet. I got a receipt for Palo, but not for the rainforest room pass.

I like having the access in the app. Then you can check while you are thinking about your purchase :)
I do too. I wish they automatically emailed you the full folio though. I’m not opposed to them changing to electronic delivery, but I think it should be delivered rather than the guest having to email it to themselves. Every room has a lead guest with an email on file. They should just send an email with the document automatically like hotels do now.

I do too. I wish they automatically emailed you the full folio though. I’m not opposed to them changing to electronic delivery, but I think it should be delivered rather than the guest having to email it to themselves. Every room has a lead guest with an email on file. They should just send an email with the document automatically like hotels do now.
I’m not sure why they don’t automatically email you the folio … Disney World switched to emailing many years ago, seems like a simple thing they can built into their software. It’s actually kind of frustrating that once you disembark the cruise you have no access to it, and if you want it have to contact shoreside guest services.

I agree. I don't mind getting it as a PDF, but having to remember to go into the app and send it to myself was just one more thing to remember the morning of disembarkation. It would be nice if they automatically emailed, even if all folios went to the lead name on the reservation and then they could figure it out from there.

Given the ridiculous prices, the "included gratuities" and the add-on "potions," there's no way the Spa is a rational purchase . . . Choose the nicest spa in your city and double/triple the price because "you're on a cruise and you deserve a treat . . . " To those who can afford it . . . enjoy.

Not sure about the drinks, but I think Cove Cafe is only about 1.5x's "normal" premium coffee bar prices, which is fine.

The 400 dollar charge dropped off of pending and didn't re-appear after. All I had to do was wait. Disney sent us our on board folio, We reviewed our charges and found nothing wrong. I guess they just wanted to send me into cardiac arrest for the goofy like facial expressions with that extra 400 dollars pending for no reason.

People asked how much I spent on bingo it was 60 bucks (One tablet and 3 cards.) Trust me when I say I don't make charges aboard ship without knowing the cost, that was why I was so surprised!

The 400 dollar charge dropped off of pending and didn't re-appear after. All I had to do was wait. Disney sent us our on board folio, We reviewed our charges and found nothing wrong. I guess they just wanted to send me into cardiac arrest for the goofy like facial expressions with that extra 400 dollars pending for no reason.

People asked how much I spent on bingo it was 60 bucks (One tablet and 3 cards.) Trust me when I say I don't make charges aboard ship without knowing the cost, that was why I was so surprised!
Glad it all worked out!

Perhaps so that now you feel great about having *only* the other two $300 charges ;)

I think our husbands are twins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter