Crazy Roadtrip 2010: Or My Coworker is an Enabler.

kfaboo

Earning My Ears
My coworker's husband works for a company based in California so she traditionally goes to California at least once a year, sometimes twice, and the company used to hold family days in November at Disney.

Due to the economy they didn't get the Disney park day or trip in November this year so they were planning to go to California for spring break. And as she was making plans the Give A Day - Get A Day promotion started.

Now, she knows I love Disney Parks so she told me all about the program the next day. And then again about the volunteering experience signup and how easy it was. And then about the process of completed the volunteering experience and getting the vouchers.

You could say she began to wear me down.

About the same time I was planning a short camping road trip to Mammoth Cave National Park and she said, you know you could drive to WDW.

She's a Disney enabler is what she is.

I finally broke and found a local volunteer effort -- I gave a day to a wildlife center cleaning up a coyote rehab habitat used in the previous year and starting the process of making into a fox kit rehab pen -- and started to plan.

For I was going to mount a multi-day solo assault on the happiest place on earth.

Now, one day is NOT enough for WDW. At least for me, even though I'm flying solo on this trip.

So I started thinking about different ways I could go about doing the trip. I was initially pricing out everything using Disney's website, but I found that I could get slightly better rates using my AAA office if I was interested in getting a package.

For the last few years I've had this crazy idea that I could do Disney from my Tent. Crazy because I've only gone camping once before. But this year I'm going to put myself to the test.

This trip has gone through several transformations. I initially was only going to get a 3 day ticket and use my voucher for a day, but then I decided to use it for a fast pass thingy. And my AAA person talked me into plopping down the extra $6 to round up the package to 5 days. And I got the MYW + Dining package. I also was going to just do 4 nights at Disney, but then I added a fifth night.

Initially I was just going to do a few days at Mammoth Cave drive down to Disney and then back. Now I'm doing 2 days Mammoth Cave, 1 Day in Chattanooga, ~5 days at Disney and 2 days at Bahia Honda Key.

With the exception of Chattanooga, I will be in my tent.

Disney Itinerary.

Monday Afternoon: Set up camp, fix some late lunch, go to Animal Kingdom in late afternoon and stay for Magic Hours.

Tuesday: More Animal Kingdom. I have an ADR for Tusker House that includes seating at the 3:15 Nemo show.

Wednesday: Epcot. Lunch at Le Cellier. Light dinner either at camp or counter service in Epcot. 9:30 Hoop De Doo Review late dinner.

Thursday: Disney Studios. This is the day I think I'm going to use my voucher for fast passes. I have a 50's Primetime Cafe ADR for lunch.

Friday: The Magic Kingdom itself. Might go back to camp in the late afternoon and then return for late Extra Magic Hours.

I also want to do some mini-golf in there sometime because I have a voucher for a round of mini-golf. And because I want to do some mini-golf.

Takeoff is in 18 days!!! I'm so excited!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter