Crazy to keep a no longer PPO breakfast?

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
We have a 8:25AM BOG ADR on what is now a regular 8am opening in December. The last time this happened, I just dropped the ADR so that we wouldn't lose too much park time during the lowest crowds of the day. But this time, I'm kind of tempted to keep it. We have free dining, so it's a good use of a QS credit, and honestly the menu at breakfast is more appealing to my eldest DS, who is vegetarian, than the lunch menu. We have FP+ for our must-dos (SDMT, PP, and Haunted Mansion) and I think we would only lose about 30 minutes of total park time if we pre-order. We've lost nearly that much time in the past waiting at Starbucks in AK. The other thought I had was to maybe check and get a later breakfast ADR when the early park time is no longer at a premium. WWYD?

I don't think so, but this is coming from a family that is terrible rope droppers. We are usually there right around rope drop, but always seem all the excitement. Or we are there at rope drop, have secured must do fastpasses, do real headliners like the peoplemover and tiki room😂We do like later breakfasts so you get a few hours of park time in. But honestly you could probably do a ride if you really wanted to before breakfast and carry on after.

Breakfast at Be Our Guest is an excellent use of a quick service credit. If you have FastPasses for the big rides you want to do, I say go for it. The lower tier attractions won't be full up first thing in the morning.

OK. I'm going to try to move it to the latest possible breakfast time, which I think is 10:30. Right now there's nothing but I'll keep checking. We really want to dine there for breakfast and it will be a nice break right when the crowds arrive.

We loved BOG breakfast, much more than lunch or dinner there. If you can not find a later time, I would definitely think it is worth it to keep your 8:30.

You're right that it doesn't have to take much time to eat. But you also don't want to rush. Watch for a late breakfast time to come up.

OK. I'm going to try to move it to the latest possible breakfast time, which I think is 10:30. Right now there's nothing but I'll keep checking. We really want to dine there for breakfast and it will be a nice break right when the crowds arrive.

Have you set up an ADR finder with touring plans?

I would move it with the new opening time because waits will build sooner and 8:30-9:30 will be prime touring time like others said.

It's too bad because that sounded like a great plan originally especially since you have a 7DMT FP. It would have been a chill start to the day, although that's coming from someone with no desire to do the insanity of rope drop. It's about what you are willing and able to do.

I would move it to as late a breakfast as possible (there or somewhere else) eat breakfast in your room or en route & be ready at the rope by 7:30, then eat much later & call it lunch.

Happy planning!
If you want to keep it, I would move it later.
If you are going to RD, you don't want to waste it with dining. I would move your dining to later in the morning. If you can, you could move it to more of a late breakfast about 10-10:30 and use that as a brunch, do an afternoon snack and them dinner.

You could still enter the park earlier than everyone else and get on a few rides from 8-8:25. We once had an 8:15 Bog abd thought the park was opening at 9am (8am opening was a last minute change). As we were walking to breakfast, we noticed that rides were open but people weren’t in the park yet. We asked at Peter Pan and they said they just opened. We were 1st to ride pp for the day and then rode 7DMT before going to BOG. Maybe tge reservation could work for you like that. Otherwise, I wouldn’t waste the golden early morning hours in a restaurant.

I would get rid of it, however if you want to keep it and cannot find one that is later, I would enter as if you had an 8 AM ADR, and check in early.

Keep in mind that the reason park hours were extended is that DIsney expects higher crowd levels.

Thanks everyone for your input! TP Res Finder came through quickly and I got a breakfast slot for 10:15, so basically right before they switch to lunch. I'm so excited we finally get to experience this meal while not losing the prime early hours of park touring. We also got an 8am FP for 7DMT when they dropped last night after stalking MDE for hours and hours, so our morning is shaping up nicely (assuming 7DMT doesn't go down first thing in the morning the way it has for 2 of our last 3 trips ;)

From a monetary standpoint it is a good use of credits, but more importantly will you get the value out of it? You mentioned breakfast is more appealing to one member of your family, but what about everyone else?

Personally I would drop it.

From a monetary standpoint it is a good use of credits, but more importantly will you get the value out of it? You mentioned breakfast is more appealing to one member of your family, but what about everyone else?

Personally I would drop it.

That’s a good point and honestly why I wanted to keep the breakfast, because my older kid will demolish his quiche and the little one can house a plate of French toast like it’s his job. My mom is a light eater but loves a good mimosa. So I’m really the only one who would get a good value out of lunch, for the rest there would likely be a lot of untouched and wasted food. I think the late breakfast ADR I found is the perfect solution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter