Credit Card Rewards Redemption

fifthdimensiondweller

DIS Veteran
Hi guys!

So my mother used to have the Royal Caribbean Visa and has recently decided she no longer wants it because she usually cruises Disney and might as well be earning points there. Anyway, I'm on her account and she gave her points to my husband and I. We are just taking a short 3 night Bahamian in the spring for a little getaway, but so far there has been no end to my aggravation trying to redeem our points! Several Representatives seemed to have next to no idea how to redeem cruise points and I was transferred four times just to find someone. Finally ended up submitting for the companion fair on a 3 night cruise and the $150 stateroom credit after multiple errors on the website. I had to fill out this form with my name address and sail date and ship and now I'm just... waiting. It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything, when should I expect to get a confirmation email that it's been applied to our cruise? I went on one RC cruise a few years ago and had a pretty nice time, so I'm surprised by how much trouble we've had.

P.S. If this whole cruise turns out to be more aggravation than it's worth and I cancel, will I get my credit card reward points back to give back to my mom or use on RC merchandise or something? Or will they just be lost?

If you booked directly with RCL, you can call and ask them to send you a copy of your booking invoice. If you booked through a TA, have them request one for you. The value of the companion fare will show up as a reduction in the cruise price on the invoice. The OBC will be listed (once it is applied) towards the bottom of the invoice. Fare reductions process immediately, but OBC can take a few weeks, since they generally don't process those until you are closer to your cruise date. If you cancel, the points don't re-appear anywhere - the $$ amount should be credited back to the card you used to book the cruise.

If you want to use them for OBC, you can call a couple of weeks before sailing and they will add it to your onboard account. 888 305 4626

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter